PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Only two running backs on the roster / Pats need a RB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratch Gillislee off the list.

Probably means Cyrus is back to the PS. Not sure what it means as far as getting a RB on the team.
If they wanted to sign Cyrus, there was already an opening on the PS. Now there are two.

So 2 RBs on roster and none on PS. I expect something will change soon. Also looking at LB with nobody on the roster to back up KVN and HT and nobody on PS there either.

Running back to PS?
I want to get a look at list of free agent runningbacks.
Darkwa makes too much sense but who else is out there?
We should of signed AP beast still.

Had not thought of this until now, but, as a vested veteran, Gillilee’s salary is guaranteed rather he plays or not. There’s probably offset language so unless some team agrees to pay him more per game than his Saints’ contract, he might as well sit home collect the same amount without risking injury.

Maybe, some team gets desperate in December and pays him more per game for the handful of remaining games enticing him to sign.

Barner backs up both RBs and PR, so versatility good to have in depth players.

Question: What does Barner offer that either White or Michel don't offer?

Answer: Absolutely feckin Nothing.

Where the FECK is our Big Back, Billy?

Question: What does Barner offer that either White or Michel don't offer?

Answer: Absolutely feckin Nothing.

Where the FECK is our Big Back, Billy?

I thought the point of a backup was his ability to at least play some of the role that the guys he's backing up do, rather than be something completely different.

Running back to PS?
I want to get a look at list of free agent runningbacks.
Darkwa makes too much sense but who else is out there?
We should of signed AP beast still.

There are several SFA lists out there. Most of them aren't up-to-date and their rankings are generally questionable to say the least. Google.

Darkwa has had two tryouts with the Pats and tryouts with other RB-needy teams, too. But he still hasn't got a job - even after Ajayi went to IR with an ACL. Darkwa may have health or conditioning issues that we're not aware of.

AP signed with the Skins on August 20th. At the time, the Pats had six healthy RBs on the roster, plus Michel. Not sure when the Pats "should have" or could have signed AP.

I thought the point of a backup was his ability to at least play some of the role that the guys he's backing up do, rather than be something completely different.
It's not your team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back