PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One point about last week

People are hyping Jacksonville. They really haven't played anybody good lately unless you think the seahags are good. Yes they got some good defensive players but I still don't know much about that team. They could easily lose at home to the rat birds in the first round.

You need to do some research.

Common opponents.

Pitt: NE - W, JAX- W
HOU: NE: W, JAX - 2 Ws (Watson debut)
Jets : NE- W ,JAX: L (OT)
Chargers: NE- W, JAX- W (OT)

So you can't really say they haven't played anyone because a) they have and b) they've played the same teams the pats have played 4 times.

NE- 4-0
JAX-5-1 w/ and OT loss

Common opponents.

So you can't really say they haven't played anyone because a) they have and b) they've played the same teams the pats have played 4 times.

NE- 4-0
JAX-5-1 w/ and OT loss

Not only that, but this Jags team also stuffed the Ravens in a locker in London. And there was nothing fluky about that game, either. The Jags just lined up and straight up crammed it down their throats. Antonio Brown alone has more receiving yards than their entire receiver corps has combined. That's not an offense that's going to be able to put up yards, much less points, against that defense.

The Jags look dangerous right now, but hot teams out of nowhere tend to under-perform in the playoffs.

Although I vaguely recall that there have been... exceptions. :D

Common opponents.

NE- 4-0
JAX-5-1 w/ and OT loss

Interesting. Wouldn't that mean we own the tie breaker against the Jags if we lose to the Bills? That's at least 4 common games right there. As long as we don't lose to the rats, we win the common games tie breaker, no?

Edit: Nevermind, conference record supersedes common games, thought it was the other way around.

Last edited:
Interesting. Wouldn't that mean we own the tie breaker against the Jags if we lose to the Bills? That's at least 4 common games right there. As long as we don't lose to the rats, we win the common games tie breaker, no?

Edit: Nevermind, conference record supersedes common games, thought it was the other way around.
I think common opponents is like the 4th tiebreaker?

With the way they've played lately, the Jags deserve our respect. Not our fear, though.

KC might be waking up from their midseason slumber. I still think Gronk kills their Berry-less secondary and the Pats secondary plays much better than in the opener, but Hunt, Kelce and Hill can create a "who do you take away?" dilemma, especially if "good Alex Smith" shows up.

Regards,
Chris

worst part is the Raven's, Jax should be respected but we need the Pats to win out and by beating teh Bill's it puts the ravens in the drivers seat for the post season...I think...I hate the ravens in the post season....well I hate ravens regardless...

worst part is the Raven's, Jax should be respected but we need the Pats to win out and by beating teh Bill's it puts the ravens in the drivers seat for the post season...I think...I hate the ravens in the post season....well I hate ravens regardless...

The Ravens have beaten 1 team with a winning record this season...and that team is not making the playoffs.

There is nothing to fear about a matchup with them whatsoever unless you think that the 2011-2014 era Ravens has any relevance to today. I highly doubt they win a playoff game period.

The Ravens have beaten 1 team with a winning record this season...and that team is not making the playoffs.

There is nothing to fear about a matchup with them whatsoever unless you think that the 2011-2014 era Ravens has any relevance to today. I highly doubt they win a playoff game period.

I dont care who they have beaten...folks ahve said that in the past about them....and...they win...they ahve proven in the past once they get into the playoffs they are a difficult team to play and thats fact....if anyone thinks theRavens will be an easy out in the playoffs then they dont watch much football.

The rush is what concerns me. If I think about Brady's worst games, it is ones that the ol gets beat by 4 people

Any chance you could give me the, doubtlessly incredibly long, list of quarterbacks who have their best games when their OL is getting slapped around by a 4 man rush?

Any chance you could give me the, doubtlessly incredibly long, list of quarterbacks who have their best games when their OL is getting slapped around by a 4 man rush?

So the prospect of such a situation isn't worrying because other QBs have trouble with it too?

I don't see why people are ignoring that the most important element from that era of Ravens is still there: Flacco. Yes, he's pissing all over himself right now. It's the regular season. He did that then too.

I'll be the first one celebrating when Flacco goes one and done...but he's never done that in his career and he'll probably get KC round 1.

I think any of the playoff teams besides the Titans will create some challenges. That said, the Pats should still be able to take care of business in round 1 if they play at least a B level game.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back