PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One point about last week

yukon cornelius

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I haven't really heard or seen discussed much:

assuming things play out like they should (no safe assumption in the NFL), the Steelers would get stuck playing Jacksonville in their 1st round matchup - I know KC is playing better, yadda yadda yadda.......but that Jax matchup is not an easy one in January, home or on the road......the defense is legit, stout up front.....they can run the ball, too.......extremely physical team

i don't think jax is winning 3 and going to minnesota, but i can see them beating Pitt or at least beating them up enough that it takes the wind out of their sails

avoiding Jax to open the playoffs is almost as big as home field......and everyone i hear on the radio, fans & talking heads alike, all look ahead to NE/Pitt in foxboro like it is a foregone conclusion, and i am not so sure it is

If Bortles plays the way he's been playing against better competition, they're the real threat. As we all know, a defense that can rush four (and get there) while dropping the rest into coverage (not to mention two very good corners, one possibly elite) is the way you beat this offense into submission. Where the Jags would go wrong is if they can't score points or have a quarterback that will turn the ball over. Bortles hasn't been doing that lately. Granted, though, it's been against subpar competition so take it with a grain of salt. That said, they put the tires to the Steelers in Pittsburgh and forced Roethlisberger into 5 INTs. The Steelers don't match up well with them... at all. The Jags are more than capable of coming in there and beating them again in the postseason.

I'm starting to pay attention to this JAX team and they are no joke.

I think these guys will be in Gillette.

I'm starting to pay attention to this JAX team and they are no joke.

I think these guys will be in Gillette.

If that happens, the OL (and particularly Thuney) will have to get over whatever it is that's plaguing them and be able to handle Ngakoue, Campbell, and Jackson, it's going to make life extremely hard on Brady. They're built a lot like the Giants were on defense. They also have other rushers that they can sub in and out and pressure the quarterback to keep those guys fresh on the edge.

Jimmy G better do the right thing and lay down this week vs Jax

WAT.jpg

If that happens, the OL (and particularly Thuney) will have to get over whatever it is that's plaguing them and be able to handle Ngakoue, Campbell, and Jackson, it's going to make life extremely hard on Brady. They're built a lot like the Giants were on defense. They also have other rushers that they can sub in and out and pressure the quarterback to keep those guys fresh on the edge.

Didn't they also trade for Big Boy Marcell Dareus former Bills who is not like his old self but a great dept player nonetheless.

weather........this JAX team has never played in the cold........I don't think they'll get past the steelers if it's below freezing......

with our luck, the Ravens will get into the playoffs, go down to JAX, kick the **** out of them and then we get to think Ravens all week

People are hyping Jacksonville. They really haven't played anybody good lately unless you think the seahags are good. Yes they got some good defensive players but I still don't know much about that team. They could easily lose at home to the rat birds in the first round.

weather........this JAX team has never played in the cold........I don't think they'll get past the steelers if it's below freezing......

with our luck, the Ravens will get into the playoffs, go down to JAX, kick the **** out of them and then we get to think Ravens all week

That Ravens team, as they’re currently constructed, would probably get shut out by that defense this time around. As far as I see it, there are only two offenses built to score points on them - KC and a healthy New England squad.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back