PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On To Houston: Playoff Practice/Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess we have our inactives for tonight:
Brissett, Waddle, Foster, Coleman, Richards, Cy Jones, Mitchell

With Danny back and JJ showing solid backup potential at CB (slot and outside) I doubt Cyrus will get a nod over Grissom who became core STer, Karras who backs all interior OL or even Lengel who is the only other TE . showing some receiving potential recently..

It makes sense to keep Mitchell inactive until he really is not limited anymore. His knee has been through a lot during his time in College and while the postseason is obviously extremely important I think it is good that they keep the bigger picture in mind. We don't need another Dobson situation where the player gets injured, misses the so-important post rookie offseason and then never really catches up again.

Sucks a bit for Malcolm that he has to sit it out but whatever is best for the team..

lol
He actually wanted the Brady Michigan jersey but I couldn't find it in time.
Almost every game we go to we see someone (I think it's the same guy) wearing it and he thinks it's cool.

I was thinking more in line of Pitt #7 f.e.

I can't remember a playoff team getting more disrespected than the Texans. I mean every where you look on TV and the net... everyone is chalking this game up to be a blow out.

The Texans certainly have "No one Believes in us" rant that is actually true.

What? because they have the worst offense in the league, their biggest offensive weapon has a knee injury, and they have a history of consistently getting destroyed by NE? Why on Earth would anyone "not believe in them"?:rolleyes:

What? because they have the worst offense in the league, their biggest offensive weapon has a knee injury, and they have a history of consistently getting destroyed by NE? Why on Earth would anyone "not believe in them"?:rolleyes:

Hopkins has a knee issue?

Fine with mitchell out. With da back and floyd looking at the very leaat a solid #4 against mia + 2 more weeks of learning, no need to risk anything this week. Next week, provided we win tonight, we'll need all hands on deck though.

It makes sense to keep Mitchell inactive until he really is not limited anymore. His knee has been through a lot during his time in College and while the postseason is obviously extremely important I think it is good that they keep the bigger picture in mind. We don't need another Dobson situation where the player gets injured, misses the so-important post rookie offseason and then never really catches up again.

Sucks a bit for Malcolm that he has to sit it out but whatever is best for the team..
I'm really looking forward to what MM does next year. I think it's going to be big. I'd hate to jeopardize that over rushing him back for a game or two that we could win anyway without him.

Fine with mitchell out. With da back and floyd looking at the very leaat a solid #4 against mia + 2 more weeks of learning, no need to risk anything this week. Next week, provided we win tonight, we'll need all hands on deck though.
We need a 2/3. Floyd has to be that if Mitchell is out. Amendola can't be.

If Brady were to throw an INT on his next 35 pass attempts, he'd still have a higher passer rating for the year than Osweiler’s 72.9.

These pregame shows are like a car wreck. You dont want to watch but cant take your off when they talk pats. Just now they showed the texans 'walking around' defense and damn it looked scary to play against.

I'm really looking forward to what MM does next year. I think it's going to be big. I'd hate to jeopardize that over rushing him back for a game or two that we could win anyway without him.

Remember another reason why Mitchell sitting is beneficial, regardless of the knee.

Rookies can hit a wall late since they are not used to a long season, and with the Pats, it's usually longer than that.

And I kinda like it if Mitchell plays next week with a chip on the shoulder and chomping at the bit instead of nervous in his first playoff game. Let him be revved up and 100%.

Mike Floyd, it's your time to shine, good sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes