PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win. I love beating the Ravens. As much as i'm enjoying this, it does not change my mind about this team in anyway. The Pats won 23-17. They missed a PAT so let's call it 24. One score required a Meyers dime and an insane Burkhead catch. Meyers may be a former HS QB but that play succeeding like it did in that coverage was a 20 to 1 shot at best. The pass needed to be absolutely perfect and it was.

The Ravens had massive unforced fumbles at key times which stopped drives or plays that would usually succeed. The Pats on the other hand managed to play a clean turnover game in these conditions. That doesn't usually happen even with good discipline and preparation.

The pats got breaks on close yardage situations and unforced penalties that gave our offense a massive boost. The Pats on the other hand committed 3 penalties for 18 yards.

Basically the Pats played an almost completely clean game and the Ravens shot themselves in the foot at several points. They also made a number of huge plays and made smart plays pretty much the entire time while the Ravens had a number of mental errors that had nothing to do with penalties. Drops, missing open passes, being late to certain spots. Not to mention needing to adjust to key injuries.

As much as I hate the Ravens and I'm glad we beat them today if we played 100 times we'd be lucky to win 30 of them. This game had nearly everything go our way and the Pats won by a single score when the Ravens had the ball late with a chance to come back multiple times. It was a heck of a game though.
We only played them once this year, BB had a good game plan and they executed.

Bills (even with the fumble) , jets and this game. He’s definitely got the reins on after the 49ers debacle and its working well so far. Gotta open it up sometime though teams are now stacking the box against us.
It is weird to say that a QB played good when he throw for only for 118 yards and run for 21 yards on 11 attempts 1.9 y/c

He was awful in the two playoff games he played. He is 1-7 when trailing at the half.

He is a great great athlete, but not an elite QB.
And I think that’s the point people are missing here. Gutty tough game clawed out by a number of Pats today.....Harris, Johnson, Meyers, Uche, Burk and so on....a lot of heart .....but is anyone that confident in Newton?? I think overall he has been average to marginal at best. Trouble reading D’s....missing ton of throws and wide open receivers....makes poor decisions....sloppy protection of the ball....and predictable. I also don’t see him marching us down field “consistently” late in game to win the game (did it in Seattle I know) going forward. I don’t have much confidence in him honestly as a QB. Cant question his character and desire,work ethic, great teammate, good leader with young guys, and his heart....we shall see going forward ....but great win against tough opponent by Pats...they should be proud of themselves!

We played a near perfect game today and score only 23 against a Ravens team who played like crap.

unfortunately, I don’t think we can play a perfect game 7 weeks in a row. If we face a team that can slow our running game we will still be in trouble.

impressive win. Dont see 8 wins being unreasonable. If the offense shows up, maybe 9 at best?

I think we put ourselves in too big of a hole to win the division. A wild card spot?
Agree....good realistic post. Hope they can stay healthy and play competitive in all remaining games....just doesn’t change that we are looking at 8-8 or 9-7 imho....which may get us into WC at least (9-7 with expanded WC)

We played a near perfect game today and score only 23 against a Ravens team who played like crap.

unfortunately, I don’t think we can play a perfect game 7 weeks in a row. If we face a team that can slow our running game we will still be in trouble.
And that’s my big takeaway too....QB play. Teams know cam can’t beat them with his arm and passing acuity/power, make quick decisions and read D well. They also know that we have 1-2 decent WR Meyers and maybe Byrd....and then whatever Edelman can bring. But you shut down run against this team and pats are in trouble

Run game was key, the offensive line and obviusly Harris and the full back did tremendous work.
As we seen from the Tennessee titans last year the run game definitely can run you far into the playoffs. Not saying we are a playoff team but if we do make it we will be a tough out for any team.

Have not read any thread and about too watch the game.........very good result , must admit I was wrong , did not think they would win.

Whats next.....!!

Mea culpa. I did not believe we were able to beat Ravens. However it was a smart, intelligent game with no stupid turnovers.
My unsung hero: Kyle Dugger with 12 tackles. He was everywhere on the field. Let this kid play and he ( likewise Harris) will show you gratitude.

This team is fun to watch, I don’t freak out every time anything bad happens but I love it when anything good happens as it’s not expected. Great win and the ravens have to go canibal and eat crow!

man how I wish I still could stay up all night watching games...

****ing adulthood sucks, timezones also suck. What doesnt suck is this team. They arent great, but they arent suck-y

This forum is funny. It was just last week after a win people were complaining that the Pat's still suck and people arguing that they should tank and others wondering about the future of BB.

man how I wish I still could stay up all night watching games...

****ing adulthood sucks, timezones also suck. What doesnt suck is this team. They arent great, but they arent suck-y
I'd say we're a well coached competitive team that would be 2-7 or 3-6 without Belichick. I think we avoid a losing season, but won't hit 10-6. 8-8/9-7 sounds about right. They're fighters who can play with anyone. Just won't win enough..

Find someone in life the way Andrews hugged Newton...

APTOPIX_Ravens_Patriots_Football_35676
Yeah....good observation....and look how jealous Byrd is...awww ....:crying:

There's 7 games left on he schedule. We are 4 in 5. The reality is the range I gave is giving us the two most automatic wins to affording us about 3 very likely losses.

That's pretty sensible. It's very doubtful we run the table. I don't think that's even in the cards. It's somwhere in that 3 to 5 loss range.
8-8 is probable scenario looking at schedule

Run game was key, the offensive line and obviusly Harris and the full back did tremendous work.
As we seen from the Tennessee titans last year the run game definitely can run you far into the playoffs. Not saying we are a playoff team but if we do make it we will be a tough out for any team.
Yes run blocking was some of best I’ve seen in a long time....just giving that little extra time for the RB to make something....in the past how many years there’s been no holes.....Now what Harris did with those openings is special.....he is fast....powerful AND has the cuts.....great game and looking for a lot more from Harris and hopefully run blocking keeps going like last night!

He was going against a top tier secondary in a deluge. I don't think this game should play a big role in the buying or selling on a reigning MVP.

Well, no.

The Pats have the 30th ranked pass defense in the NFL with Gilmore. The Ravens secondary is 7th. 2020 NFL DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RATINGS | Football Outsiders

But you do bring up a good excuse. Can Jackson play and win in bad weather since the game is played in wind, cold, rain, snow. Look what we have here No NFL Team Will Be Afraid of Lamar Jackson in Bad Playoff Weather | FOX Sports Radio

Last edited:
No. only 2 "serviceable" games. The 49ers game he lost singlehandedly with his drive killing decisions..

The 49ers toyed around with our defense at will. Cam didn't have a good game but saying he "singlehandedly" lost the game is not particularly reasonable. He had overall good games against the Bills (minus the fumble at the end), the Jets and now the Ravens. Things are trending into the right direction but our margin for error is just razor thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft