PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Texans

Immediate Postgame Reactions
"We needed 60 great minutes of football, and well, we got 30..." I got a chuckle from that quote from Bill lol

Fortunately, against a team like Houston (i.e.: one of the very worst in football), 30 minutes was enough... It won't be enough against Dallas however.

Reviewing that roughing the passer call, that was pretty bad though the on field visual may have looked worse.

Wouldn't have mattered, David Culley would have blocked the field goal himself to keep the Texans from winning.

Last edited:
Reviewing that roughing the passer call, that was pretty bad though the on field visual may have looked worse. Wouldn't have mattered, David Culley would have blocked the field goal himself to keep the Texans from winning.

Would have called a TO to freeze his own kicker and then botch a FG fake when they only needed a FG.

There is no "mold."
There is a mold of how they developed him. How they successfully ramped him up from day 1 and the rate they expanded what he did.
However they did it was as good as anyone has.

Mate calm down. Your dismissive labelling of Bourne as Possession guy says it all. He is proving to be a really effective player IMO who looks great with the ball and pops up with important catches. Meyers and Agholor i think are victims of an offense that had Cam at qb with only 8tds last year and a rookie and an offense this year that is finding its feet slowly. We weren't pushing the ball downfield at all. It's hardly Agholors fault we aren't utillising him a a deep threat which he proved he can be last year.

Agholor is a classic One-year Wonder who was motivated to play for his next contract and had a QB pretty good at throwing the deep ball, neither of which reasons apply here. Anyone who believed that he would match or even come close to matching last year's production this year were deluding themselves.

Last edited:
Hm this revelation makes my conspiracy theory stance much harder to maintain
May not apply in this case but you still have a valid point. Suits in NY manipulating the refs in real time? What could go wrong?

Agholor is a classic One-year Wonder who was motivated to play for his next contract and had a QB pretty good at throwing the deep ball, neither of which reasons apply here any longer. Anyone who believed that he would match or even come close to matching last year's production this year were deluding themselves.
But he isn't even getting the chance to be a deep threat so i'm not sure your point is valid. Who is to say that wasn't a breakout season. If you are talking about using players in situations they can excel he isn't going to be best running short crossing patterns which is what i've seen him do most for us. The bloke was hammering Agholor for not being the player he was last year when in this offense at the moment he never could be.

Edelman in his prime is far better than Bourne meyers or agolor could dream of becoming.

you sound like another team bill apologist.

“What bb built here”. What can he build without Brady? You say the patriot way Regarding Edelman not taking more money elsewhere. So brady takes Hometown discounts for years while belichick botched the drafts to win more super bowls, then BB leaves Brady high and dry when it comes to deflate gate
Hey knucklehead, I said what BB built here WITH BRADY.

And that's not what I said about Edelman - good grief. It wasn't that he didn't take more money elsewhere; it wasn't even offered to him. His free agent try was dry.

And you have no idea what Bourne or Meyers might become - it wasn't until year 5 of his career that Edelman became anything worth talking about.

And Brady is the second highest earning player in the history of the NFL. His decisions to extend, move money around, etc., made him the biggest brand going forward out of the league and in no small part contributed to his legacy. Cry me a river.

Agholor is a classic One-year Wonder who was motivated to play for his next contract and had a QB pretty good at throwing the deep ball, neither of which reasons apply here any longer. Anyone who believed that he would match or even come close to matching last year's production this year were deluding themselves.
He's on pace for 670 yards and more catches than last year - they haven't thrown to him deep.

NG's a troll. I just don't know whether he's a giants fan who's still trolling pats fans, or if he thinks he's a pats fan. Either way, he's not. If anything, he liked one Patriot, evah. Hint: he's very handsome.*

*edit: meaning the one Patriot he lived evah is very handsome.

The overpays are not a good sign. Splurging on so many free agents but then playing hardball with Gilmore isn't a congruent strategy.

The overpays are not a good sign. Splurging on so many free agents but then playing hardball with Gilmore isn't a congruent strategy.

We can agree to disagree on "overpays" - I think they paid market 9+maybe a wee bit to seal it, but nothing problematic - for every complaint about Agholor's contract, Bourne's was a steal. For any complaint about Godchaux's, Judon was a steal - but the strategy seems pretty clear when you look at the ages of the players they brought in. The only one over 30, Guy, came back for peanuts. Everyone else is on their second, or first after franchise or prove-it deal, and are between 26-28 years old.

If they're figuring they won't seriously compete for the golden ring until next year or maybe the year after, the strategy seems sounder.

Even though I don't think they wanted to let Gilmore escape. They never planned on an injury, then a contract fight post-injury without ever seeing if he could still play.

There is a mold of how they developed him. How they successfully ramped him up from day 1 and the rate they expanded what he did.
However they did it was as good as anyone has.
They already broke "the mold". Tom rode the bench for a year and didn't start until the guy the Pats just signed to a 10 year deal got hurt. Mac started game 1 the year he was drafted.

They already broke "the mold". Tom rode the bench for a year and didn't start until the guy the Pats just signed to a 10 year deal got hurt. Mac started game 1 the year he was drafted.
They both played game 1 without any NFL experience.
You don’t send a first time starter out there expecting him to act like a veteran. You start with a limited play book, you ask him to do less at first and build on and expand what he does.
It’s a process of development. This organization understands the right way to do it

Didn't SB1 say Mac is bottom-half in passing yards and passer rating? Did he just make that up?

No.. He didn't make it up. Mac was 42 yards below the #15 ranked QB prior to the Week 5 games. And Macs Rating or QBR wasn't great overall. But both the Rating and QBR are biased formulas shoved together to try and quantify the QB position. They both are flawed and neither is really good at actually quantifying a QB's actual play.

Slow Juan is terrible!

cajuste needs to be the starting left tackle.
Says the guy who claimed that Dugger s*ck*d last year..

You're evaluation skills are what is terrible. Cajuste played RT all game.. Pay attention for a change.

I agree, i think an ILB FS and CB are high on the List depending on HT and DMac possible declining, retirement etc. We won't be able to fix anything via draft so i hope we nail on a FS signing like we did with Phillips. If some players step up their game and Mac gaining more experience we are a real PO contender. A must for me is more consistency on both sides of the ball.

Really? The Pats won't be able to fix anything via the draft? When did you become Ms. Cleo? SMH. Statements like yours are beyond ridiculous. You sound like DKF..

I think a must for EVERYONE is more consistency on both sides of the ball.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back