PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jags

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

The reporters at the end of training camp said his drops went up so he was relegated to the practice squad. That drop for a TD was worse than Harry's drop a week earlier - but no-one on PatsFans wants to admit what they saw because they want a new wide receiver. I want to win - I couldn't care less if it is Harry or Wilkerson. Only telling you what is obvious. Wilkerson might be a better fit, might work harder, might run better routes, but be prepared for some drops - he is not the answer.
Lord knows a player has never improved ever.

Could be. Time will tell. I am too old to quickly jump on the next bandwagon. Did that in my younger years and it was not pretty at times.

I hope he is great, but first I will have to see it. Catching a ball when the DB fell for the fake screen and there was no other player within 20 yards of him is not an amazing route, it is an amazing play design. Running the deep crossing route and catching a ball for a TD would have been a great route and play by Wilkerson, but he dropped the ball when he was running at top speed in a pressure situation. :confused: Saying he is better than Harry is not a high bar.

Either way, he will be hopefully relegated to the #4 receiver role once Agholor comes back.

Lord knows a player has never improved ever.

Let's hope. Stone hands, if it is true, is very hard to fix. Eye to hand coordination, hand size, etc. are very hard to learn and improve.

Either way, he will be hopefully relegated to the #4 receiver role once Agholor comes back.

Agreed. I am not excited about a receiver #4, but others are. :notsaying:

Based on what? Why is he stupid?

There was a pass attempt by Jax that both Mills & Bryant had plays on but Mills ****ed up an easy pick… still doesn’t have one… I couldn’t DVR the game so I don’t remember exactly when it happened; hoping the NFLN shows a replay so I can…

The reporters at the end of training camp said his drops went up so he was relegated to the practice squad. That drop for a TD was worse than Harry's drop a week earlier - but no-one on PatsFans wants to admit what they saw because they want a new wide receiver. I want to win - I couldn't care less if it is Harry or Wilkerson. Only telling you what is obvious. Wilkerson might be a better fit, might work harder, might run better routes, but be prepared for some drops - he is not the answer.

I generally agree re: Wilkerson’s long-term prognosis, but Harry’s whiff was far more egregious than Wilk’s TD drop/PBU was.

Delete - wrong thread

I generally agree re: Wilkerson’s long-term prognosis, but Harry’s whiff was far more egregious than Wilk’s TD drop/PBU was.

Guys turn to start running before catching the ball all the time. Somehow when Harry does it is especially egregious? If I remember correctly it was first and 10, resulting in a second and 10. And that was more egregious than dropping a perfectly placed 40 yard TD? Dropping a first and 10 versus a forty yard bomb? Forget it was Harry and Wilkerson. Which one is more egregious? :whistle:

He should have caught it because he got his hands in the proper position but the degree of difficulty was def up there. 40yd over the shoulder w/ a defender's arm in KWs view? Not easy.
It was in his hands and the defender's arm was nowhere near the ball. He dropped it when the defender pushed his helmet down from behind.

Last edited:
SIGN THE BEAST! :p

That’s because you got greedy, Kenny… Sometimes you don’t know when to go down & stay down… Might be why you also sometimes put the ball on the ground…

First off, he was trying to get the first down or score. He wasn't tackled until he got to the 6 yard line. You think his first thought should have been to "get down" when his knee didn't even touch? When has that ever been the way to play football? To be clear here, he probably didn't even see Jamir Jones coming up from behind. Watch the play:

Next up, you have to realize that Bourne was looking to earn quite a bit of extra cash in this game. He earned one of his incentives when he made his 50th reception. The other incentive required him to gain another 100 receiving yards. So he had 250,000 reasons to go for as many yards as he could on that play. I'd like to see how hard you'd try to get some extra yards if you had that much money riding on it. :)

Lastly, I don't know where this "Kendrick Bourne fumbles a lot" stuff comes from on these forums. In 16 games for the Patriots this year, he has fumbled once. During his four years and 58 games with the 49ers, he fumbled once. That's two fumbles in 74 games. Kendrick Bourne does not fumble a lot.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back