PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Lions

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

New England Patriots Gameday: Time for Christian Barmore to erupt

Despite the number, Christian Barmore still making an impact along the New England Patriots defensive line​

Speaking of double-teamed, veteran edge rusher Matt Judon says he is seeing the impact of Barmore because it is freeing up other defenders to make plays, particularly himself and defensive end Deatrich Wise jr who have both been consistent forces off the edge.
The numbers aren’t there but yeah he’s gets doubled almost constantly.

I thought he risked a block in the back if he went all out, so he slowed up to impede the guy
I think Agholor's hammie contributed to both the lack of a block on this play as well as the fumble/INT. He apparently first aggravated it on the Stevenson run. Then on the INT a little later, it was such an odd sequence as he tried to catch it that I first thought the db must have contacted one of his arms. But that wasn't the case, and I think his hamstring pulled at that moment and that's what caused him to lose concentration and mishandle the ball.

New England Patriots Gameday: Time for Christian Barmore to erupt

Despite the number, Christian Barmore still making an impact along the New England Patriots defensive line​

Speaking of double-teamed, veteran edge rusher Matt Judon says he is seeing the impact of Barmore because it is freeing up other defenders to make plays, particularly himself and defensive end Deatrich Wise jr who have both been consistent forces off the edge.
all the discussion of absorbing double teams so that other players can make plays is so on-brand vintage Patriots system, it warms the heart. Reminds me of the days when people would complain about Seymour, where are his double digit sacks, what are we paying him for... Expect that rerun shortly

?? Did Devante Parker draw two PI flags on Sunday??

Belichick has done better with UDFA DB’s with Malcolm Butler & JC Jackson than they did with 8 DB picks in the 2nd round over a 12 year period,..

Don't forget Jonathan Jones in 2016, between Malcolm & JC...

Yes. No catches but two DPI calls.
Like Billy Beane said (paraphrasing) "He gets on base. Do we really care how?"

If Parker can draw one or two DPI's a game, then I am laughing my tuchus off. Get the yards, and the yellow scrap on the field will upset the competition.

That trope about Brady’s favorite receiver being the open one hasn’t been true for 15 years.

Closer to 5 maybe... As recently as 2017 the Pats had 3 players with 60+ receptions, a 4th (White) with 56, and 3 others with 30+... Was it his fault that Indy ClotStanks Dwayne Allen & Phil Dorsett could barely manage double-digits?

Nice breakdown of coverage vs Lions:

Great game, always a plus when you can win a NFL game starting your 3rd string rookie QB.

I think having Meyers back makes a huge difference in the Pats offense. He is earning himself a nice payday this off season.

Barmore is a stud, he is clogging up the middle. Judon is a game changer.

Jack Jones clearly needs to start the rest of the year.

But it was the Lions, the Pats are now in the soft underbelly of their season, they will have to go at minimum 4-2 over the next six games to get into the hunt for a playoff spot.

He gives old meaning to the term "drinker."

But I love the guy.

A friend used to work in Kraft’s owner’s box every home game. Kraft apparently drinks mostly water during the games but he told me that Zo drinks unhealthy amounts of ETOH, especially during road trips. My friend ran into him at a bar on Saturday night during one such road trip and said that he was very friendly….and absolutely obliterated. He must use Adderall or yayo on game day in order to be able to give the listening audience the full Zo experience every week.

I love his blatant homerism, just like I did Johnny Most’s and Tommy Heinsohn’s. My favorite part about that scoop and score call was Zo screaming “kill ‘em!” right before Judon hammered Goff.

Last edited:
A friend used to work in Kraft’s owner’s box every home game. Kraft apparently drinks mostly water during the games but he told me that Zo drinks unhealthy amounts of ETOH, especially during road trips. My friend ran into him at a bar on Saturday night during one such road trip and said that he was very friendly….and absolutely obliterated. He must use Adderall or yayo on game day in order to be able to give the listening audience the full Zo experience every week.

I love his blatant homerism, just like I did Johnny Most’s and Tommy Heinsohn’s. My favorite part about that scoop and score call was Zo sceaming “kill ‘em!” right before Judon hammered Goff.
What is ETOH?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back