PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2018 Draft Round 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Lamar interview on the podium Im glad we didnt take him, he sounds and looks dumb as a bag of rocks.
His Wonderlic score of 8 suggests that he’s fairly dumb, but I didn’t necessarily see anything during the interview to get that impression, myself. I saw someone who was struggling a bit to keep some powerful emotions in check, and I think Deion’s question about what he could’ve done differently brought those emotions on even more.

I look forward to reading about how this first round proves that the Patriots don't draft for need and had already solved their RB problem....

th_coffee.gif
Hill says hi

"Man this offense sucked last year . I really hope they address it early in the draft."

Said absolutely no one. hahaha

Hahaha. I’m nitpicking here but one thing the 2017 offense lacked was a true home rub threat at rb.

Would love to have Wymm and Mason at guards and have Thuney as the backup.
We could still go Rudolph Lauletta or Falk.
Im sure we take one of those guys.
If not I want Kanoff in the 6th or 7th.
Can Thuney play OT? There’s no way Joe Thuney is going to be a backup, here.

Kanoff may be a lock for a late round/UDFA pick even if we take another QB.

Wouldn't it be fun to dig up some of the posts from when Brady was drafted...?

His Wonderlic score of 8 suggests that he’s fairly dumb, but I didn’t necessarily see anything during the interview to get that impression, myself. I saw someone who was struggling a bit to keep some powerful emotions in check, and I think Deion’s question about what he could’ve done differently brought those emotions on even more.

Now that hes not a Patriot we say he is dumb a player without a positon.
Not cut out for the NFL
Inaccurate
Will get killed if he trys to run the ball.
Turnover machine.

Against a Bama D? That's unheard of. Ask Fournette.
You’re right. It’s impressive. And it wasn’t like it was flukes either. He busted out some nice gains in that game. Wasn’t like he had a long of 70.

For debates sake, fournette is a bad example though. He’s overrated, has average vision at best, and it didnt help that bama could just stack the box against him. Either way your overall point is correct but I had to point out the flaw in your example because I have a napoleonic complex

Overall, he actually averaged 7.9 ypc. The 7.0 ypc number was against Alabama, specifically.

He was also the 2nd rated pass protector (for RBs) from someone, although I can’t remember who.

Yes he’s a good pass protector. I like Michel. He’s good

So by your logic any QB picked before the 6th round is a bad value, since that's when Brady was picked?

It doesn't work that way.

Great point. Teams see players like kamara and hunt and try to find those players. Michel shares similar skill sets so when the demand goes up you have to select them higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft