PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2018 Draft Round 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was thinking, who are those scrubs he's leaving in the dust? Then I saw that it was a couple of DBs from Florida with track speed.

Looks good but his write-up says "Michel dealt with fumbling issues at Georgia..."

Dude. You're scaring me. Everything from your avatar to your sig screams crazy. hahaha

I'm too lazy to kidnap an entire family. Just think about all that work, and then having to deal with all the bathroom breaks and then feeding them...my kids are adults so I'm done with being a provider.

No thanks.

Now that hes not a Patriot we say he is dumb a player without a positon.
Not cut out for the NFL
Inaccurate
Will get killed if he trys to run the ball.
Turnover machine.

Is it really your position that people weren't already saying some of those things?

He can plan to play 20 years. But he won't.

But he'll play two more, maybe three. And most of the other teams will be sitting there with their 1st round QBs...when the Pats take theirs.

I still think the Pats have a QB in mind - maybe White or Falk. Really not worried at this point. Brady's coming back and they're going back to the AFCCG, at least.

And again, Hightower, a healthy Van Noy, Langi (who I like a lot) Rivers, Clayborn, Shelton...There's four starters and 2 rotation guys. I expect after the draft, they'll add a couple of vets.

I am so certain that bill was waiting for Evans to be right there at 23 and then the titans swooped in and stole him. Does anyone think he would ah e drafted wynn if Evans was there at 23?

Carter would be good. Chubb is another RB and Thompson is a DT with a lengthy injury history. No thanks on those two.

I think you are taking it too seriously. You know which team they all play for right?

I think you are taking it too seriously. You know which team they all play for right?
Without looking, I'm going to guess Georgia. I do like the idea of Carter though.

I am so certain that bill was waiting for Evans to be right there at 23 and then the titans swooped in and stole him. Does anyone think he would ah e drafted wynn if Evans was there at 23?

I do. We double dipped from UGA this year. Bill has a habit of doing this. If Evans was stolen we prob would’ve bailed and traded down

If he wanted Evans that bad, he would have traded up with Cincinnati. Baltimore was just as much of a risk at taking Evans as Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a choice between Evans and Wynn, he would have taken Evans, but it wasn't enough of a difference in his mind to justify a trade up. We'll see how it works out.

Yes. Wynn was a top-15 player, easily. Mason has one year left, then they'll probably lose him. Maybe Wynn does play LT for them...maybe Garcia does. Watch them take Daniels tomorrow and half the board jumps off the ledge.

I thought running back was one of the spots where this draft coud instantly upgrade the position and so it is not a surprise the Pats took a running back early but I always thought it might be a Day 2 pick. Michael Lombardi was high on Michel but added that he had some knee issues (bone on bone, maybe). Couple that with some fumbles and I never thought the Patriots would take him this early.

What time does the draft start tomorrow

Some people were
But now that hes a Raven we are going to say that Mcdaniels and BB didnt think he was Patriot material.

So your first post was unfair and irrelevant, and your second post is saying the the McDaniels/BB pair who passed on Lamar twice loved him but what? They misspelled his name? They were mugged on the way to giving Goodell the name?

C'mon man.

I thought running back was one of the spots where this draft coud instantly upgrade the position and so it is not a surprise the Pats took a running back early but I always thought it might be a Day 2 pick. Michael Lombardi was high on Michel but added that he had some knee issues (bone on bone, maybe). Couple that with some fumbles and I never thought the Patriots would take him this early.

ACL injury with a loose knee post-surgery. Add in the bone-on-bone possibility and you've got a platoon player who'll probably have a shortened career.

But now that hes a Raven we are going to say that Mcdaniels and BB didnt think he was Patriot material.
I think there were some obvious signs:

—Bill makes sure to rant and rave about him, with Brady making a comment on social media. The same story pops up again a couple of weeks later, within a week of the draft.

—He reportedly had a very low Wonderlic score, which was likely compounded by the fact that...

—He decided to represent himself, showing signs of being unprepared for tests, interviews, and overall availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots