PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2018 Draft Round 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Evans might have been the pick.

Sounds like Evans might have been the pick.

No sh*t. Bill stands pat and someone comes in and takes away that player we could have used on defense. I wanna like the wynn pick but boy this team could use a LB and maybe even another corner or safety

Here’s some lists

Irish - i'm viewing on my phone, but that first list offers no real context. . The 2nd one shows only 2other RBs who have put up better YPC than Michal did.

Irish - i'm viewing on my phone, but that first list offers no real context. . The 2nd one shows only 2other RBs who have put up better YPC than Michal did.

What are the stipulations for this? 2 other running backs did had more ypc than him this year with a lot more carries. My point is that it’s not uncommon for backs to average 7 or even 7.5 or more yards a carry. It’s been done many many times. And yes I realize that other list is bad because I can tell by looking there are a few QBs on there and some of the guys I selected for a deeper look have less than 100 rushing attempts which is way too small of a sample. That being said Sony did it on like 150 carries which isn’t all that much, Chubb helped him stay more fresh, other guys have done it on way more carries

Edit: I’m more impressed that Sony averaged 7 against bama than almost 8 for the season.

Loved the RB pick but Not happy The patriots stood pat and watched Tennessee steal our future pro bowl linebacker right in front of our eyes...

This defense still needs major work...ugh

My preference would be Justin Reid, Lorenzo Carter, Josh Sweat, Rasheem Green, Isaiah Oliver, Harold Landry. Two from there would be great.

One of them should be available at 43, assuming the Patriots don't trade down. Of course, since it's BB, they'll be taking a left-footed punter at that spot, just to piss us off.

One of them should be available at 43, assuming the Patriots don't trade down. Of course, since it's BB, they'll be taking a left-footed punter at that spot, just to piss us off.

Another OL and a WR. The forum will go ballistic.

At this rate i wouldn't be mad if they skipped taking a QB. I want players on defense.

Loved the RB pick but Not happy The patriots stood pat and watched Tennessee steal our future pro bowl linebacker right in front of our eyes...

This defense still needs major work...ugh

Just tells you that their internal grade for Wynn and Evans was not far apart (if at all).

First of all I have to confess I was not a supporter of idea of addressing OT in our first round. It was because I hadn' teven thought Wynn was in our range( I am bit surprised he fell to pick 23rd ). . Now I am very satisfied with that pick especially we should not have sacrificed any picks to move up and grab him. He will be a remedy either as our LT or future replacement of Mason ( it is hard to believe he will stay in Foxborough).
Speaking about Sony Michael I am speechless - seriously. It is not about him directly because he is a great RB but about taking a RB by BB in round I. A kid is very competitive and I believe he will do some good things for us if he gets enough opportunity ( c'mon Bill just let him play as our leadback ).
All in all picks are more than good to me but I expect Bill will fill the holes in our defense by using next picks. In next two rounds I want to see LB,S,QB,DE or CB as our choices.

Just tells you that their internal grade for Wynn and Evans was not far apart (if at all).
Maybe. It’s also possible that they weren’t able to find a trade partner and took their next best option, instead. I think we’ve seen that before over the years, too. It’s hard to say.

Any way you look at it, I think they did just fine. They got a solid OL prospect who has started double digit games at both interior and LT, and they finally addressed the young, cheap RB situation.

As mentioned many times, I was much more for staying put and taking as many bites from the apple as possible. I still wouldn’t mind swapping out one of our 3 picks tomorrow, but I definitely want to see two more solid players added.

...and two Tight Ends.

Maybe. It’s also possible that they weren’t able to find a trade partner and took their next best option, instead. I think we’ve seen that before over the years, too. It’s hard to say.

Any way you look at it, I think they did just fine. They got a solid OL prospect who has started double digit games at both interior and LT, and they finally addressed the young, cheap RB situation.

As mentioned many times, I was much more for staying put and taking as many bites from the apple as possible. I still wouldn’t mind swapping out one of our 3 picks tomorrow, but I definitely want to see two more solid players added.

If Evans was rated significantly higher than Wynn they would have used one of the day 2 picks to move ahead and make sure they get the player.

I am more surprised they didn't trade down from #31 from a value standpoint. The fifth year option is nice but not a big deal on a RB.

All that being said I am with you that I like both picks. Michel will be exciting to watch on offense and and upgrade on Lewis. Wynn will at worst be a damn good guard with pro bowl potential. At best he could become a LT..

Not too much to complain about in the big scheme of things..

Like the Picks, as i said Wynn was the only guy in the O-line this year if we had too, so no complaints from me there.

Michel, could be a All Pro in our offensive!

I'm trying to find out whats happened to Harold Landry, as it makes no sense to me why hes dropped... Going to do some digging around and see what i can find!

Yup. They had multiple players they liked at 23, no reason to trade up unless Evans was head and shoulders above anyone else we liked.

No sh*t. Bill stands pat and someone comes in and takes away that player we could have used on defense. I wanna like the wynn pick but boy this team could use a LB and maybe even another corner or safety

They still have 3 more picks tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe