PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2018 Draft Round 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna say I dislike the picks but I really wish we did something to shore up this atrocious defense. Guess it's gonna be back to the 2010 2011 era of great offense paired with Edelman and Slater taking defensive reps in the AFCCG
Shelton, Clayborn, Rivers, Hightower, J.Jones, Valentine, and J.McCourty are all additions or expected to return, so while we haven’t added on via the draft yet, it should look a bit different.

I’m sure we’ll get some youth added tomorrow.

lorenzo carter at 2/10 would make me feel good..

Your just a beacon of positivity. Let it play out. Michel can play. 2nd rounder in most mock drafts. Once penny went to Seattle it’s a matter of time before guys like Michel Guice and jones go.

Thanks the beacon of positivity part. :D

I got my hopes up with this draft but bill like always sucks it away. I am gonna give wynn a chance but the guy likely will be playing inside when it's all said and done.

And if he does, he’ll be one of the best guards in the NFL in time.

Let on? When do the Pats let on? Mediots made something out of nothing, says I.

Apparently working out a qb out means we like him, idk. To me the pats did their due deligence on LJ and decided to go in a different direction.

• Agree
Reactions: Mix
Not trying to be a buzzkill but averaging 7 YPC in college is not unheard of
Overall, he actually averaged 7.9 ypc. The 7.0 ypc number was against Alabama, specifically.

He was also the 2nd rated pass protector (for RBs) from someone, although I can’t remember who.

Didn't know much about Wynn until Primetime here was going nuts about him, calling him the best tackle in the draft. So I went and looked at his tape - a lot. He was. He's a Mankins monster. He's up and blocking as fast as anyone I've ever seen and he's mean.

The back I most wanted was Sony Michel (since Barkley wasn't happening). He's tremendous at picking up the blitz, in addition to being a complete RB. I thought they'd get him in the third, but I understand why they took him at 31: there are a ton of very even, very good EDGE guys on the board. Hubbard's there, Landry's there, Carter's there...Malik Jefferson is still there.

There are good, really good, DB's still there. People had mocked Miller to the Pats, or Williams - Wynn eats them both for lunch. By the way, the other Bulldog on that line is David Andrews. there's a reason Scar loves them.

Love, love, love the first round for the pats. - because there are a ton of good D players still out there.

And as far as their D goes, they've added Shelton, Clayborn, Hightower, Rivers, McCourty, and Langi before we even start.

And Brady's going nowhere - if he was planning on playing 1 year, even 2 years, they would have moved up to get a QB.
He can plan to play 20 years. But he won't.

Last edited:
I’ve gone on rcord saying I wanted us to draft the best players for the next generation, not just short term needs. very pleasantly surprised by what we’ve got. Wynn was one of my favourite guys and Michel will make our offence very exciting. And three picks still tomorrow.

"Man this offense sucked last year . I really hope they address it early in the draft."

Said absolutely no one. hahaha

I look forward to reading about how this first round proves that the Patriots don't draft for need and had already solved their RB problem....

th_coffee.gif

Sony Michel is a very special player - I think Bill just did not see a special defensive player to pick at that spot. He was huge for Georgia last year - scored the OT winner vs Oklahoma I believe. A threat every time he touched the ball.

Would love to have Wymm and Mason at guards and have Thuney as the backup.
We could still go Rudolph Lauletta or Falk.
Im sure we take one of those guys.
If not I want Kanoff in the 6th or 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents