PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2018 Draft Round 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted no part of Lamar. Glad he went somewhere else. He sounded like exactly the quarterback you draft if you really want to have a lot of problems at the quarterback position.

Despite Brady's age, we have a starting QB. We do not need a low ceiling immediate impact guy. We also do not need a flashy million dollar-body-ten-cent-head "athlete" at the most cerebral position in major professional sports. Let the guy go 8-10 with Baltimore for several seasons and flop. That's where most of these "talent" picks wind up anyway.

What I don't want is a guy like Lamar who has all the skills you don't need as a quarterback. what I want is a guy with a head on him who can put the ball in the receiver's hands consistently and reliably. That's the job of a starting quarterback. Find me a guy that can do that,, can think the game at a high level and throw accurately, even if he's not very good at anything else at all, and I believe Bill Belichick can win with them just like he did with the early-years version of Brady. Stick to the fundamentals and they will reward you.

Happy with the Pats draft, two quality talents who’ve performed at a high level in the top echelon of college football. Both offer great positional versatility which I feel is more crucial than ever in today’s NFL with its high injury rates, new concussion protocols, etc. I’d be happy to see them make two picks in the 2nd round but expect they’ll flip one to add a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Kind of surprised that neither Jackson nor Daniels from Iowa were taken. Figure them and Guice will go early tomorrow.

Happy for Lamar Jackson too, seeing him go in the first round. Seems like a good kid and was a lot of fun to watch the last couple years.

The Shazier appearance was the moment of the night for me

Last edited:
Sony better be Tevin Colman 2.0.

Jimmy Johnson: Never pick a dumb guy!

Bill Belichick: I learned that from you!

Didn't know much about Wynn until Primetime here was going nuts about him, calling him the best tackle in the draft. So I went and looked at his tape - a lot. He was. He's a Mankins monster. He's up and blocking as fast as anyone I've ever seen and he's mean.

The back I most wanted was Sony Michel (since Barkley wasn't happening). He's tremendous at picking up the blitz, in addition to being a complete RB. I thought they'd get him in the third, but I understand why they took him at 31: there are a ton of very even, very good EDGE guys on the board. Hubbard's there, Landry's there, Carter's there...Malik Jefferson is still there.

There are good, really good, DB's still there. People had mocked Miller to the Pats, or Williams - Wynn eats them both for lunch. By the way, the other Bulldog on that line is David Andrews. there's a reason Scar loves them.

Love, love, love the first round for the pats. - because there are a ton of good D players still out there.

And as far as their D goes, they've added Shelton, Clayborn, Hightower, Rivers, McCourty, and Langi before we even start.

And Brady's going nowhere - if he was planning on playing 1 year, even 2 years, they would have moved up to get a QB.

So we might have replaced Solder and Dion Lewis. I call that a win.

I'd call that a........... Wynn?

daduntsh.gif

I'm so sorry

Alvin Kamara was a franchise Third Rounder... not seeing the value here. Hope Sony proves me wrong.

Your just a beacon of positivity. Let it play out. Michel can play. 2nd rounder in most mock drafts. Once penny went to Seattle it’s a matter of time before guys like Michel Guice and jones go.

I like Michel but I just can't get behind first round running backs. Would have preferred him later on.

They obviously don't like Jackson as much as they let on.
Let on? When do the Pats let on? Mediots made something out of nothing, says I.

I got my hopes up with this draft but bill like always sucks it away. I am gonna give wynn a chance but the guy likely will be playing inside when it's all said and done.

Kinda of meh draft. But it was a pretty meh draft after 9 I guess.

Not trying to be a buzzkill but averaging 7 YPC in college is not unheard of

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back