PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merry Christmas to my PatsFans brothers and sisters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1014298_1037664199608063_5727733296599388816_n.jpg

Tom Brady

You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why…
Santa Claus is coming to town!

Seriously I saw him

Vollmer spending Christmas with the Brady's this year apparently.

My Dad just passed away on Tues. He was very religious. I'd like to believe he went to the place he belongs. He deserves it. But to each his own. I hope you have something to be Merry about tomorrow .:D. Peace!

Sorry for your loss. Those are always harder around the holidays.

We just cut our stay at the resort short to go to my inlaws.

A cheer and prayer to everyone's family, and a remembrance for those that have moved on.

I've been a long time follower on this board and can remember many of you from way back in the Usenet days during the real Pats/Jets wars. I'm an infrequent poster but a good chunk of my day is spent browsing the forum. Merry Christmas to my Pats Fan Family. May Santa bring us and our team vindication after the "interesting" 2015.

To my Christian friends, a hearty Merry Christmas, and to my fellow Pagans, a hearty Io! Saturnalia! It's nice that both fall at the same time of year.

May you all have a wonderful day, however you spend it, and may we all enjoy a wonderful and prosperous New Year.

Oh, and that 5th Superbowl Trophy come February. :)

Merry Christmas To all the celebrate the holiday

Happy Holidays to those that dont

Merry Christmas to my PatsFans bretheren. I personally have had one hell of a roller coaster year and, to be honest, I'm happy to see this holiday come because it means 2015 is almost over. Thankful for family, friends, my girlfriend, dog, the Pats, and you goons. May you have a happy and healthy holiday and a wonderful New Year filled, of course, with Lombardi #5.

To my Christian friends, a hearty Merry Christmas, and to my fellow Pagans, a hearty Io! Saturnalia! It's nice that both fall at the same time of year.

It's no coincidence, though. The church co-opted pagan holidays to make it easier to recruit. So Christmas has its historical origin in heathen celebrations.

Yule or Yuletide ("Yule time") is a festival observed by the historical Germanic peoples, later undergoing Christianised reformulation resulting in the now better-known Christmastide.

Yule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reformatting traditional religious and cultural activities and beliefs into a Christianized form was officially sanctioned; preserved in the Venerable Bede's Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum is a letter from Pope Gregory I to Mellitus, arguing that conversions were easier if people were allowed to retain the outward forms of their traditions, while claiming that the traditions were in honour of the Christian God, "to the end that, whilst some gratifications are outwardly permitted them, they may the more easily consent to the inward consolations of the grace of God".[3] In essence, it was intended that the traditions and practices still existed, but that the reasoning behind them was altered.

Interpretatio Christiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The tree, gift-giving, timing at the solstice, all completely pagan in origin originating from both Yule and Saturnalia (and I'm sure others). An interesting historical perspective on the holiday.

Anyways, happy holidays regardless of what you believe (or don't)!

I want my gift in Febuary, even tho Christmas is a business scheme and religion is man made, i'm not an atheist its possible that there is a creator to the universe (not a human if you understand the scale of the universe) but i am debunking religion as a business and a population control scheme. The whole christ thing was stolen from Horus and other man made religions hundreds even thousands of years before that. Open your mind and stop oppressing your self to something that was created by man for all.the wrong reasons.

ae590f9713fd57b91afa8c2c0e61b7be.jpg

;)

Merry Christmas, God Bless, and let's hope for a lump of coal in the Jets stockings this weekend.

It's no coincidence, though. The church co-opted pagan holidays to make it easier to recruit. So Christmas has its historical origin in heathen celebrations.

The tree, gift-giving, timing at the solstice, all completely pagan in origin originating from both Yule and Saturnalia (and I'm sure others). An interesting historical perspective on the holiday.

Not only that, but Jesus was born in the April/May time frame according to scholars.

Yup, When the idol of Saturn is brought in, he has white hair and a great white bear,and is dressed in red,with white trimmings. Saturnalia is also celebrated by placing small cakes and seeded breads on a tree outside of the domus,and decorating it with red ribbons and shiny objects. Small gifts are exchanged with guests, and back then, the master of the home and his family waited upon the servants in a role reversal.

As noted, it was the Germans who first brought the Saturnalia tree into their dwelling, because of the harsh winters.

Not only that, but Jesus was born in the April/May time frame according to scholars.

Indeed. Even in Israel, it can snow in wintertime and the temps do get down to freezing. Sheperds are NOT out in their fields then, and lambs don't arrive until spring. So likely it was around April of 4 or 6 BC.

Merry Christmas, a belated Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year to all!

Happy New Year all my Patriot henchmen...and henchwomen..:D

94889962fdfdb57e2bc6efbcd7578ce80807c5ec.jpg__940x420_q85_crop-smart_upscale.jpg

Merry Christmas to my PatsFans bretheren. I personally have had one hell of a roller coaster year and, to be honest, I'm happy to see this holiday come because it means 2015 is almost over. Thankful for family, friends, my girlfriend, dog, the Pats, and you goons. May you have a happy and healthy holiday and a wonderful New Year filled, of course, with Lombardi #5.

And we are some of the best goons you will ever know! :)

I feel your dismay about his year Kontra, it's been a 'lesser' year for me too (Butler's Int a glowing exception). Here's to you, I and anyone else here getting the wish come true of a better 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe