PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Memorial Day wishes for my Patsfans brethren and sistren...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Memorial-day-Day-3.jpg

We will be visiting Calverton National Cemetery here on Long Island, to pay our respects to Mrs. Rover's dad Jack, a Navy vet who passed away last year at the age of 85. Many vets such as Jack came home and lived long and full lives.

984d82bef1de9218f1f076fa79dbd3b4--so-sad-my-heart.jpg

Many did not. :(

We shall kneel at Jack's grave, surrounded by the graves of thousands of other men and women who served this wonderful country so that we might be free, and say a prayer of thanks.

Then afterwards, we shall break bread and lift a glass in his memory... a glass full of his favorite libation... gin and tonic. :)

Cheers to Jack, and to all who served. May the good Lord rest them and keep them.

39c5a154c9087f4c4461c83f96a4e63b.jpg

I'm going to a bachelor party for a friend and we're going to try and party like we did in our early 20's. Please pray for me. 1 like = 1 prayer. Bless up.

Thank you to Jack and all veterans. This country has been blessed to have them.

I'm going to a bachelor party for a friend and we're going to try and party like we did in our early 20's. Please pray for me. 1 like = 1 prayer. Bless up.
Let it rip...;)

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend. And you perpetual whiners that always want to beat the "what if" dead jackazz in the middle of the road....try some freakin' sunshine and fresh air.

Our final hymn today at 9am Mass was "America the Beautiful"... I was an emergency fill in for our organist... on the piano... folks rocked the house! God bless America. :)

Rover,

I will be at Calverton tomorrow. Going to bring my FIL who served in Marine Corp. to visit his wife who died in 2012. I have a blue car, first three digits of license plate are EJU. NY plates.

Rover,

I will be at Calverton tomorrow. Going to bring my FIL who served in Marine Corp. to visit his wife who died in 2012. I have a blue car, first three digits of license plate are EJU. NY plates.

Rats! We wound up going Saturday, because we were invited to a BBQ that afternoon (also in Suffolk) by my son's fiancee's mom, and we didn't want to make two trips out (we live in western Nassau). Would have loved to connect with a Long Island Pats fan! My FIL is in section 53...

IMG_0259.JPG

You can tell three things from this photo... Jack was Irish, played bridge, and was loved. :)

I hope all our fellow countrymen and women have a Safe Holiday and take time out to remember what it is all about. To all those who have served and fallen in defense of our great nation......

Cherish their memory ......

I'll pour one out for Jack, sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back