PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KVN to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we now will get that 3rd round comp pick that we lost by franchising Thuney.

Who is going to replace Kvn & Collins? This isn't a great day for us.:eek:

Means jack. Gotta get those picks right and I will always take a BB team over any other. I like my chances.

You’re banking on 2008 magic with a brutal schedule and a second year QB unless bill trades for mariota or dalton.

Good guy made himself a great career had a rough start to life, wishing him great success in the future just glad he didnt go to the Jests.

Van Noy will be missed ... though this signing has shades of the Trey Flowers to Detroit by Matt Patricia... little too much money for them

We have plenty of ammo in the draft to acquire a replacement LB. It's the cycle of life in the NFL, and it's the way true dynasties work. You develop good players and once they hit the point where they are going to hit the jackpot you let them go and replace them with younger and cheaper players.

Van Noy will be missed ... though this signing has shades of the Trey Flowers to Detroit by Matt Patricia... little too much money for them

We see this every year teams overspend and let’s not forget the cap is gonna keep going up.

I would would have given 28 yo KVN the money we gave Devin McCourty who will be 33 in August.

I hate losing a good player in his prime.

Like Trey Flowers, Van Noy was a product of BB scheme.

Enjoy the overpay Dolphins fans.

facepalm1.jpg

Flores coached him. It's just possible that he knows how to utilize him. Let's hold off on the sour grapes dismissals until he at least goes to his first practice.
Flowers was getting roasted by Detroit media for some time. He turned it around, but not enough to justify his outrageous contract.

And I think their defense was dead last statistically.

Last edited:
This seemed written in the stars. Miami had a ton of money and a Patriots alumnus coaching them. I said he'd get $15m+ a year after the season, some folks scoffed, and in the end he got more than that.

Great player. Hard to replace.
51 million for four years is more than 15 million a year?

How dumb do you have to be to be surprised about this?

I would would have given 28 yo KVN the money we gave Devin McCourty who will be 33 in August.

I hate losing a good player in his prime.

Why would Van Noy accept a considerably worse contract than the one he did sign?

Looks like we now will get that 3rd round comp pick that we lost by franchising Thuney.
They’ll trade him for a 2nd. Something they should’ve done with Flowers last year.

This division will be wide open if brady leaves. If Miami can get a QB and some young OL who knows . They have a bunch of picks.
We are in cap he(( though aren’t we ....if we can’t sign/draft some elite WR/TE and tighten up the line to protect Brady....and have little money to spend if we sign him....then we have a repeat of last year with a ridiculously HARDER schedule .....I think we may have to expect that Brady will be gone and Pats will have rough season next year and hopefully reload in next year to two.....

KVN, thanks for all you did here man....I will miss you.

That being said...I look forward to Develin delivering a pancake block on you!
I think Develin Will (and honestly should ) retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back