PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

@Kontra and others, I love you and always thought you were full of BS about posts being deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board is far too heavily moderated, and the general censorship has gotten ridiculous. We were specifically promised that this wouldn't happen. And now the over-moderation may have driven away the least confrontational, and most deliberately friendly, poster it has/had.

This doesn't happen on a well moderated board.

I have a solution. You take his place in the departure line!

Last edited:
I pretty much trolled shmessy like a complete **** for two pages in the AB thread and nothing got deleted. Censorship my ass.

Sorry shmessy.

I quit as a mod 3 years ago. If I were still on, your *** would’ve been grass :p

Last edited:
Question for the mods. If you have a post with a ton of positive ratings (funnies, likes, agree) and the post gets deleted, do you get to keep the positive ratings or do they disappear with the post.

This is deadly seriously important to me. The answer may decide if I stay or I go.

Same exact sht that Brady dealt with in 2018 with incentives. Team sabotaged his ability to obtain them with heavy run game despite his still elite play. It’s called getting hosed.

Good luck on the Chargers forum, venecol. PatsFans doesn’t deserve you.

I have a solution. You take his place in the departure line!

SEE! This is what I was talking about in my previous post.

I don't see nuthin'...WTF you talking about, Ron Jeremy

Shmessy is so weird to me.

When we disagree it's like, how can this be an functioning human being with this ridiculous of a view.

But when we agree I'm like 'hell yeah go get'm Shmessy!'

I have this relationship with most posters but with him it's nothing but extremes. Either I think he's worse than Hitler or I'm ready to gay marry him, no in-betweens.

Ok, Barbara, you’ve blown your cover. I’m taking the kids!!!!

I think Ashley, Ross and Icy are great. The board is lucky to have them.

BTW, I’m biased. On my way out when I resigned as a Mod, I recommended all three to Ian when he asked.

Given this thread, they probably want to kill me right now. :oops:

Last edited:
I quit as a mod 3 years ago. If I were still on, your *** would’ve been grass :p
Lmao I would have banned myself too if I was a mod. Ashley, Ross and co. are such softies. :D

Last edited:
Yeah but on the flip side your post probably sucked and citing join dates as though that somehow matters in the equation is like, c'mon dude...

More like, let's not censor people for having fundamental differences on how they view a playcall and low key insult them as a mod?

Or are some of us less worthy than others?

My status as a fan is unquestioned regardless of my join date, c'mon man!

That seems to be the problem. There's several cliques here and if you call out a poster in one of these cliques, a snitch reports it to a mod, even if the post doesn't violate any rules.

Absolutely this

I can name 5 people right now who have no problem with targeted harassment who will never acknowledge your existence here in any shape or form except when it comes time for a slam dunk insult and **** all over you for being a dumbass and fish them selves some cheap likes.

If you dont got thick skin, some of these dudes will eat you alive.

That seems to be the problem. There's several cliques here and if you call out a poster in one of these cliques, a snitch reports it to a mod, even if the post doesn't violate any rules.

Ok, I'll bite. I don't think I have an overblown sense of importance, but I post and have been here long enough that I might be on your radar.

What clique do you think I'm in?

Because I will happily use discord to livestream you you my unaltered private messages and you see where I'm reporting anyone who messes with one of the people in whatever clique you imagine I'm in. Spoiler: There's none.

Honestly the last PM interaction I can remember with the mods was like years ago where I think it was Ashley was asking me to remove dislikes after I disliked every post in a thread to prove that dislikes don't. ****ing. matter and I respectfully declined her request and said I would quietly accept a ban if they so choose because I refused to cater to the needs of tough-talking yet ultimately insecure middle aged manbabies.

I might have reported Chris S. for something but my line for what it takes to report someone is like, threats or stalking or pedophilia and I honestly can't remember.

I'd happily acquiesce to Ian releasing all of my convos with him and the mods to at least somewhat prove that this conspiracy theory of yours is childish.

Last edited:
Um, if it’s not too early to ask, if we are going to do the convention next year as suggested by @SammyBlueCat...who is going to host PJ is gone?
He’s already busy recruiting some of us for a dueling convention, which will be located down the street. All I have to say is, choose your side wisely.

Ok, I'll bite. I don't think I have an overblown sense of importance, but I post here and have been here long enough that I might be on your radar.

What clique do you think I'm in?

Because I will happily use discord to livestream you you my unaltered private messages and you see where I'm reporting anyone who messes with one of the people in whatever clique you imagine I'm in. Spoiler: There's none.

Honestly the last PM interaction I can remember with the mods was like years ago where I think it was Ashley was asking me to remove dislikes after I disliked every post in a thread to prove that dislikes don't. ****ing. matter and I respectfully declined her request and said I would quietly accept a ban if they so choose because I refused to cater to the needs of tough-talking yet ultimately insecure middle aged manbabies.

I might have reported Chris S. for something but my line for what it takes to report someone is like, threats or stalking or pedophilia and I honestly can't remember.

I'd happily acquiesce to Ian releasing all of my convos with him and the mods to prove that this conspiracy theory of yours is childish.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that you are not being referenced here. “Clique” here is more of a territorial, whine to the mods type. Not someone who is just popular and knows a lot of posters from over the years like yourself. And you’ll confront people if you have an issue.

And you’ll confront people if you have an issue.

I really want to disagree with you but I can't figure out a non-confrontational way to do so to prove you wrong.

Fnord is the space between the pixels on your screen. Fnord is the "ooo" in varooom of race cars. Fnord is the smallest number greater than zero. Fnord keeps a spare eyebrow in his pocket.
upload_2020-1-26_2-36-58.pngwhatis.techtarget.com › definition › fnord

I guess ultimately I don't understand why some people feel the urge to make things out to be some sort of patsfans.com illuminati. Despite all of my diverse experiences in this world I confess to being naive in a lot of ways, maybe this is one, but I genuinely think the idea of cliques here is not supported by the evidence. What evidence, you ask? Look at all the people who are mega posters on this forum who will sometimes get into tiffs with each other.

I'm genuinely comforted by the fact that I agree and disagree in roughly equal parts with all the extremely active posters here. It undermines the entire notion of various cliques. This isn't the WWE. I agree with Kontra on several things and think he's a subhuman idiot on other things and I am positive he feels the same about me - assuming I even register as worthy of thought to him.

This is the best forum I've ever been to and I think Ian is a genuinely Good Person who tries his best to facilitate this community. Do I like that he doesn't let me talk about gay sex parties and politics? Not really, but I respect the ever loving **** out of him not because I'm a boot licker but because in every single interaction I've ever had with him he's proven himself to be a genuine human being of extremely high caliber and I don't think someone of the moral fiber of Ian would suffer cliques like some sort of WWF stables....

I guess ultimately I don't understand why some people feel the urge to make things out to be some sort of patsfans.com illuminati. Despite all of my diverse experiences in this world I confess to being naive in a lot of ways, maybe this is one, but I genuinely think the idea of cliques here is not supported by the evidence. What evidence, you ask? Look at all the people who are mega posters on this forum who will sometimes get into tiffs with each other.

I'm genuinely comforted by the fact that I agree and disagree in roughly equal parts with all the extremely active posters here. It undermines the entire notion of various cliques. This isn't the WWE. I agree with Kontra on several things and think he's a subhuman idiot on other things and I am positive he feels the same about me - assuming I even register as worthy of thought to him.

This is the best forum I've ever been to and I think Ian is a genuinely Good Person who tries his best to facilitate this community. Do I like that he doesn't let me talk about gay sex parties and politics? Not really, but I respect the ever loving **** out of him not because I'm a boot licker but because in every single interaction I've ever had with him he's proven himself to be a genuine human being of extremely high caliber and I don't think someone of the moral fiber of Ian would suffer cliques like some sort of WWF stables....

To simplify: the Patriots on-field stuff is causing forum members to act in strange ways and I’m as utterly confused as you are about virtually everything. I am just aware specifically that there’s a few people who are known to cry wolf to the mods, even more so since the season ended, and you’re not one of them.

To simplify: the Patriots on-field stuff is causing forum members to act in strange ways and I’m as utterly confused as you are about virtually everything. I am just aware specifically that there’s a few people who are known to cry wolf to the mods, even more so since the season ended, and you’re not one of them.

That's fine. If there's one thing I'd argue to the death it's that I'm not someone who reports ****. I don't really like private interactions here, though, so maybe I'm out of the loop but honestly I don't really give af about that sort of thing. I'm here to have a good time by either learning more about the game, argue about the game, or making people laugh. I've never seen the potential here for anything else, but to your point I could just be blissfully unaware, I guess.

Still, until provided with evidence to the contrary I will suspect the idea of cliques using the report function to protect each other is an urban legend.

I’ve never reported or ignored a single person, or even spam disliked other than some petty disagree sparring with QuantamMechanic. There are no cliques here. The lame grievances being made are actually embarrassing coming from grown ass adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back