SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Eagles
Sun
Nov 17th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Result
The Ravens made a couple of key plays and handed the Patriots their first loss of the 2019 season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

JOSH GORDON REINSTATED

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsinthesnow, Aug 3, 2019.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,716
    If thats what hes suspeneded for i don't get it. alcohol is legal and isn't exactly a performance enhancer when your running up and down the field and trying to catch a ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14,227
    He said he drank in 5th grade in the bathroom... This incorrect "it's only weed" BS is harder to kill than f###### gypsy moth infestation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31,266
    That is maybe your view on why I don't like Bedard. Which is not true at all. I just think he is full of **** a lot of times, can't keep up with his actual game insight with people like Howe, Chatham or Lazar and often purposefully tries to be ambiguous about what is speculation and what is reporting in his pieces.

And then there is the time he tried to convince other publications to not hire Dave Brown as a beat guy. Also lets not forget about the Loyko investigation. I am sure the results are coming any day now. Right ?

Or maybe the time early during the 2017 season when he mocked the way Gilmore is speaking.

Ultimately he is closer to Volin than to guys like Reiss, Curran or Howe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  4. Kenneth Sims

Kenneth Sims PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Everyone is comparing Gordon to Hill. The comparison that works is comparing Gordon to Martavis Bryant as both have had numerous suspensions for non-PED drugs. Bryant, who’s a free agent, filed for reinstatement a couple of months ago.

If Goodell reinstates Bryant, there’s no argument for not reinstating Gordon as well. You’d think Goodell would rule on Bryant before the season starts, so he could possibly be signed by a team to give him a look see before the cutdown to 53. It makes sense for Gordon to be reinstated at the same time. It would be, if nothing else, a goodwill gesture to the NFLPA because the next CBA will not include sanctions for marijuana use.

The more I think about this the more certain I am that the Patriots orchestrated the timing of this to spare Gordon from having to interact with the press and public during the open access part of training camp.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. jimnance

jimnance In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,326
    It's sad, but that's exactly how I feel. I don't watch other teams any more. I haven't watched a SB w/o the Pats in maybe 20 years. I'm just not interested. I used to be. F the rest of the league.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. SBLIII

SBLIII In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,261
    I love football, NFL and CFB, try to watch as much as I can.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31,266
    Same boat. Last SB I watched that didn't have the Pats in there was GB beating the Steelers. And that's because I ended up being in Madison during that weekend.

There is no way I will watch the GB/Chicago season opener. Many more interesting things to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jimnance

jimnance In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,326
    Yeah, I have a deep love for the game, too. But I'm just not interested in seeing other NFL teams. A lot of it is I'm spoiled. I've seen the best for 20 years and other teams just fall short. I've been a fan since the 60's. Tho I've always been diehard Pats fan,even in the dark days, I always enjoyed great football. The Jim Brown Browns,Staubach Cowboys, Montana/Young Niners- loved watching them all.
    I think a lot of it is the Pats have been SB contenders for about 20 years- and when they got knocked before the SB I'm just too upset to watch any more.
    One of the prices of success I guess.
    But damn, I wouldn't change it for anything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30,056
    Players aren’t being suspended for violating the drug and alcohol policy because it’s PED.

They are being suspended because the league doesn’t want the suspicion of players playing under the influence.
    Most employers in America would suspend you if you showed up for work under the influence.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30,056
    Since about 03/04 if the patriots aren’t in the Sb I’m pissed because they aren’t and I’ll watch the game but not care about it. Wit the exception of rooting for whoever is playing against Peyton Manning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,700
    Yah, I watched the Saints beat Manning, but that's about it since 2001.
    In the decades before our Dynasty run, I used to love watching whomever in the post season. I'd hope for "just one" Patriots playoff game.
    No more. ESPECIALLY since the soul crushing Deflategate setup which pretty much killed my interest in the NFL per se.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mosey threetupu

mosey threetupu Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +828
    For those that have written Gordon off - it can be done. People do change. I just passed 1 year alcohol and drug free after 30 years as a raging (mostly functioning) alcoholic and frequent hard recreational drug user. I didn’t do AA or have anything court ordered I just decided I didn’t like what the lifestyle was doing to me physically, mentally and emotionally and decided to stop. Here’s hoping Josh has a similar awakening.

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 5
    • Thank You x 2
    • Love x 2
    • Useful x 1
  13. XLIX

XLIX Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +13,113
    Well it's not exactly like this problem came about only once he made the NFL this past year. Nor did it come about when he was playing Minor League Football in Cleveland.

If we try to determine what's best for Josh, I would suggest we remember idle hands are the devil's workshop.

14. ChrisR2223

ChrisR2223 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,685
    Hope for the best you should be proud

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  15. supafly

supafly Totally not seeing ghosts PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +23,322
    Randy Gregory is another example of a player who was indefinitely suspended for substance abuse issues. I believe he applied for reinstatement 3-4 weeks ago. We haven’t heard anything about him, either.

I’m going to guess that Goodell takes his time in regards to the Josh Gordon application. He’s missed 5 games already, so anything less than 4 more just doesn’t sound like Roger Goodell to me. That would put him in line to return in a couple of months.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24,830
    I think postseason games count too, since Brady dropped the appeals process in fear of being suspended during the postseason. That would put Gordon’s tally at 8. Not that it matters, since Ginger has no actual fairness/consistency basis for anything he does.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. supafly

Ratings:
    +23,322
    8 from last year? I thought the Steeler game was the one where we found out the next morning, so that would put the timeline about a week before Xmas.

I’m counting the last 2 regular season games + the 3 postseason ones. Am I off?

18. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24,830
    No, I stand corrected. My memory was off on this one...I thought he’d missed more games than that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +2,738
    How could the nfl let him back in this year? They need to keep him in rehab for the rest of this year.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. supafly

Ratings:
    +23,322
    Yeah, I’m guessing that he’s looking at 4 more (at least), but that’s obviously just a foolish guess. I suppose I have a hard time seeing Goodell reinstating him any sooner.