PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell's disciplinary hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting story by a new MMQB writer, about what it's like to have a disciplinary hearing with Roger Goodell. Several good bits, gave some insights into Deflategaste. Here are a few snippets:

Ginsberg went on: “If you’re not willing to do a mea culpa and get down on your knees and cry a little bit, and convince Roger you’re a better person for having been through the experience … it’s difficult to walk into one of those meetings feeling very optimistic.” (somehow it seems inconceivable that Brady would appease Goodell like that!)

This time, Hargrove was there for another hearing in the Bountygate scandal. Goodell had initially suspended Hargrove eight games, accusing him of lying to league investigators, which, in Goodell’s eyes, might as well have been a cardinal sin. Goodell seemed to take personal offense when he felt a player was being dishonest with him. He cited Hargrove for “conduct detrimental to the NFL.”
[...]
“I was fighting for my career against a machine, or a monster,” Hargrove said. “They have the power to end your career!”
[...]
“It became clear to me,” Hargrove said, “it was going to be difficult for me to prove myself innocent because they were going to conjure whatever truth they needed to make it believable to the public. That was the hardest thing to swallow. You feel like you’re screaming at the top of your lungs, and no one’s listening.”

Inside a Roger Goodell Discipline Hearing | The MMQB with Peter King

hope hes enjoying it now, because hes not going to have that power in the next cba.

Hey Roger, Woody Johnson says you aren't man enough to discipline any Rats players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes