SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Eagles
Sun
Nov 17th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Result
The Ravens made a couple of key plays and handed the Patriots their first loss of the 2019 season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

JOSH GORDON REINSTATED

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsinthesnow, Aug 3, 2019.

1. CMH

CMH 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,281
    Logged in just to say that I appreciate this mindset and post. I think we're trending (very slowly) in this direction as a society, and it is much needed.

Also pumped to hear anything about Gordon, was starting to get a little worried. Has the potential to be one of the better receivers in the league if all goes well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Genius Genius x 1
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,128
    Under current league policy, Gordon must injure a small child to achieve reinstatement.

• Funny x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Useful x 1
    • Sad x 1
    • Angry x 1
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  3. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,855
    This is so good
    Now let s hope he will get the "authorisation" sooner then later in order to be ready for week 1

Week 1 regular season...is enough...

Forza Josh we are with you !!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BUSTAMOVE

BUSTAMOVE Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,635
    I also think whats best for Josh. I just think the opposite from you.
    Josh’s best chance to truthfully change his ways is to get a feeling of worth from his peer’s, friends and the ecstasy of making plays on the field. Succeeding at it can be the deciding factor of turning his life around. Sitting at home thinking Oh good I’m sitting at home not feeling the stress of having to perform. It may be easier keeping it out of his mind temporarily but it has the possibility that it will haunt him for the rest of my life if he does not finally succeed at doing what he was made to do.

He has demons. I think the biggest way to conquer them is by succeeding in life. Football is that conquering medium for him.

That being said he is definitely in the right environment to finally make the pivot to a healthy life. Brady has already reached out as I’m sure many others have. This team thrives with a winning attitude and hopefully Josh will apply that throughout. I am pulling for him. I believe he is a good kid. Self inflicted pain never towards others. I truthfully have his best interests in mind with this philosophy. Just more with him playing Offense and not Defense with his life. No pun intended

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  5. Brandon_Cox

Brandon_Cox On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1,306
    I have no clue if or when he'll be reinstated but there's a pretty decent chance he'll be allowed to practice with the team while the league figures it out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +16,571
    I wanted him reinstated as much as anybody. Still, considering his LONG history, we will be fortunate if he is reinstated at all.

I'd like what is best for HIM. Very probably, I would think that would involve playing on a supportive team. But I won't complain if this gets delayed even until next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +4,912
    Sort of. Of course in legal terms its foolish but based on what the league has done in other cases where absolute guilt wasn't proven but they went ahead and penalized a player anyway is what I think people are trying to say about it. Its the cherry picking and assigning arbitrary severity levels and punishments among the various policys that pisses me off

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30,056
    Gordon has been suspended 6 times for violating terms of his contract that he agreed to. Tyreek hill probably did something horrific but it can’t be proven.
    You are conspiring apples to space shuttles.

Is hill a dlckhead? Absolutely.
    Is Gordon harmless, well meaning and tortured? Probably

Do those 2 things have anything to do with the rules regarding suspensions? No they don’t.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30,056
    I think the difference, which creates enormous problems, is that in the NFL if the victim speaks to the league abc says the accusations are true, you get suspended, and nothing else matters, and if the victim doesn’t speak to them, or recanted, you go free.

The “lesson” the Nfl is teaching it’s players is make sure you beat the crap out of someone who relies on your paycheck so they won’t cooperate and we don’t have to take it away because we have an excuse that doesn’t expose we don’t really give a **** about the victim.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,915
    Agree in general. The sad thing is that the only reason his use of weed might be considered "abuse" is because it keeps getting him suspended by his employer. Otherwise, it could be that his life is actually better off with it. We just don't know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52,698
    No, it's really not, at all You're trying to compare apples to antique metal door handles, and you're whining that the door handles aren't as tasty in a pie.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +52,698
    What pisses you off is that it's a good player from another team. If it was a player on the Patriots, you'd likely be defending the decision. This is fandom 101 crap being played out.

Man is a rationalizing creature, and this situation is an excellent example of just that.

And, again, as I've noted on many occasions:

• I oppose any testing for non-PED drugs.
    • I oppose any NFL discipline for conduct outside the NFL boundaries.
    • I think Brady got hosed.
    • I think Goodell's a clown.

However, that doesn't magically make it reasonable to cry because one CBA-defined policy is being implemented differently than another CBA-defined policy, when that's what's supposed to happen according to said CBA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. woolster22

woolster22 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +2,312
    CPS doesn't have to go through a real court to do any of that. Cps/dcf operate under their own kangaroo court (lawyer's words, not mine) where the judge is well aware of the $200k of annual federal funding per removed child. You'd think sending maybe 10% of that amount to struggling families would likely have significant productive results, rather than fueling some of the most corrupt and incompetent institutions in this country. And that's before we look at how broken the foster/adoption system is.

Hill may be a scum bag, but it isnt because CPS says so. They're wrong far more often than theyre right. Driving your toddler home from the methodone clinic isn't a DUI, after all.

If Josh just chewed team doc prescribed oxy all day he wouldnt have had any problems with the league (his body would be failing and he likely wouldnt be able to play any longer, but i digress). Instead he chose a substance that can be grown in your backyard easily, making it impossible to police and tax production/consumption without major cost to the govt. So he's the boogey man.

Great Goodie! Way to show the SC how much you care about player health/safety by literally banning a player for "self medicating" with a more or less harmless naturally occuring plant instead of the institutional favorite of lab created, addictive, destructive pills.

Goodell would gladly accept a check from the Sacklers to build a statue of Kaczur outside the HOF.

Patriot arrested, then aids drug sting - The Boston Globe

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. hornetfb85

hornetfb85 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,536
    Found the NFL Exec that is in charge of the Gordon case.....

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +458
    He had structure and routine last year. Didn't he even have someone assigned to him and look what happened

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. hornetfb85

hornetfb85 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,536
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +52,698

This leads to another part of the issue, here.

If Gordon just applied for reinstatement (we haven't been given the date), Why is the NFL getting blamed for being too slow?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  18. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +15,970

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  19. SBLIII

SBLIII In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,261
    question: when Goodell decides that, does he decide at the same time the length of the suspension or no suspension or does that happen on seperate occasions?

20. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31,276
    The problem with Bedard is that he has turned into at times very clickbaity who often sells his speculation with the same tone as actual legit info. I mean I understand he has to pay for the bills at BSJ but still..

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1