PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JOSH GORDON REINSTATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus H. Christ, Gordon is back and you guys are you going back and forth about his uniform #? Life must be nice in the enchanted kingdom...ho!y s###... Who cares what f###### number he wears???
That was funny. Players actually care what number they wear. I was just pointing it out. I didn’t start anything. lol.

Pencil Josh Gordon in for 1,200 and 10 TD’s this year.

Exaggeration aside he does have a point.
Gordon of 2013 is 6 years removed and in the 5 subsequent years he still hasn’t totaled the catches yards or TDs he had in that single season.
Gordon 2018 did not look like Gordon 2013 on the field.
Perhaps the reasons you list explain some of it but Gordon hasn’t been a dominant stud WR for 6 years. Last year he had no games with more than 5 catches and only 2 100 yard games. He was a nice piece but by no means was he a game changer, top tier WR last year.

He was learning a brand new system, midseason, with no ramp up time.

In perspective, what he did on the field was amazing. No Patriots WR has ever done that during the BB era. As I said, Gaffney is the closest to it.

Yes, but Moss wasn't coming off an Achilles tear just eight months earlier.

Not really relevant to the point that not practicing through week 2 of preseason means you can’t be ready for the season
We have no clue where Thomas is at. He could be days away or months away and we wouldn’t know.

A person is a person you get the good work the bad.
Life doesnt work by saying bond with joe but only learn his good things.
...it works by saying learn how Joe does his job but don't learn how to get addicted to alcohol off the clock

If Gordon is putting up a 1300 yard season the pats must have some problems. this team is about matchups and balance

He was learning a brand new system midseason with no ramp up time.

What he did was amazing.

I disagree. What he did was ok. It wasnt mid season it was week 2. By week 6 playing as much as he did, I don’t buy the excuses

He was ok. Far from amazing.

That was funny. Players actually care what number they wear. I was just pointing it out. I didn’t start anything. lol.

Whatever number he gets, I hope it is "tight". (folks who were here in 2006 will get that).

Shocked by this news today. Very surprised and happy for JG and the team.

Whatever number he gets, I hope it is "tight". (folks who were here in 2006 will get that).

Looking “tight” is a real thing. When you look good, you play good.

It doesn’t though.
Yea it does. Lol it's not like Harry is gonna be watching how Gordon prepares or studies or practices while there's a bottle of fireball sitting on the bench or champagne in his locker. If we were talking about Antonio Brown here or TO you'd have a point but Gordon's problems are all off field ones as far as we know

Josh has to know this is likely his last chance in the NFL. If he washes out of the Pats system he has no shot to succeed anywhere else at this point. Hopefully he and the Pats (who really seem invested in his well-being as well as his potential on-field contributions) can come up with a plan everyone can agree on to keep him on the field for 16 games and beyond.

I know he didn't light up the board last year but the fact is the team looked different when he was on the field, and defenses could not ignore him. If Harry becomes what we expect than Josh doesn't have to always be the guy. This WR core is so interesting to me. I feel like after JE11 there won't even be designations for 2-5. They're just going to mix and match a bunch of formations and personnel and drive defenses nuts.

If Gronk was still here I feel like this team could practically punch their ticket. Without him it's hard to ignore the Chiefs, but I would not be the least bit surprised to see Brady hoisting another trophy (probably in part because of the 4-TE offense BB will roll out in January when no one is looking).:D

I disagree. What he did was ok. It wasnt mid season it was week 2. By week 6 playing as much as he did, I don’t buy the excuses

He was ok. Far from amazing.

In the two Belichick decades, name one WR who came in during the season, learned a new system and did what Gordon did on the field last year.

What he did was unmatched during the BB era.

Yea it does. Lol it's not like Harry is gonna be watching how Gordon prepares or studies or practices while there's a bottle of fireball sitting on the bench or champagne in his locker. If we were talking about Antonio Brown here or TO you'd have a point but Gordon's problems are all off field ones as far as we know
You are talking about Gordon mentoring Harry. It’s silly to think that results in learning a skill and ignoring all attitudes.

With this WR corps and RB corps they dont need gronk to win .

In the two Belichick decades, name one WR who came in during the season, learned a new system and did what Gordon did on the field last year.

What he did was unmatched during the BB era.

Moss

Josh has to know this is likely his last chance in the NFL. If he washes out of the Pats system he has no shot to succeed anywhere else at this point. Hopefully he and the Pats (who really seem invested in his well-being as well as his potential on-field contributions) can come up with a plan everyone can agree on to keep him on the field for 16 games and beyond.

I know he didn't light up the board last year but the fact is the team looked different when he was on the field, and defenses could not ignore him. If Harry becomes what we expect than Josh doesn't have to always be the guy. This WR core is so interesting to me. I feel like after JE11 there won't even be designations for 2-5. They're just going to mix and match a bunch of formations and personnel and drive defenses nuts.

If Gronk was still here I feel like this team could practically punch their ticket. Without him it's hard to ignore the Chiefs, but I would not be the least bit surprised to see Brady hoisting another trophy (probably in part because of the 4-TE offense BB will roll out in January when no one is looking).:D
Who knows if that is true. He should have felt last year was his last chance. As long as you have game, you think someone will give you a shot.

Without him it's hard to ignore the Chiefs
Nobody on here should worry about her Chiefs. They don’t have any threat in that running game and their defense is arguably worse. Meanwhile, the Pats have a ground game, score enough points to hang with them and a defense that can match up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes