PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post JETS SUCK 2021 EDITION (OFFICIAL): THE INSIDIOUS JETE STANK CONSPIRACY

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Here's my hot take:

Zach Wilson is no dummy, and even he knows the Jets are a joke. Wilson will shoot his way out of town before taking a snap. They will be forced to trade him.

It’s crossed my mind that this kid is financially well off, not desperate for a stack of money right now.

What a story he’d be if he sat out a year to be re-drafted. He’d probably go top 5 again.

It’s crossed my mind that this kid is financially well off, not desperate for a stack of money right now.

What a story he’d be if he sat out a year to be re-drafted. He’d probably go top 5 again.
Awesome Sam Didier GIF by Jerology

This has to be bozo Woody though. I can’t imagine Joe Douglas would have any motivation to do this. For one, cap money is cap money, and it remains flat. Same amount charged to the cap now or later. They’re not talking about the contract structure but the literal payment schedule, when the money gets wired.

For Woody, payment delays impact his ability to increase capital through investment or interest.

My strong guess is offset language is also a moronic Woody directive as well.

He and his mom should hold out for all the marbles eh bucks because this is probably the only shot they have a big payday. After playing for the jest ruins his career he won't tast another big contract. Case(s) in point little marky sanchize, GeeNo Smith, and block head blunder boy.
Yea his mom is quite the looker.

This has to be bozo Woody though. I can’t imagine Joe Douglas would have any motivation to do this. For one, cap money is cap money, and it remains flat. Same amount charged to the cap now or later. They’re not talking about the contract structure but the literal payment schedule, when the money gets wired.

For Woody, payment delays impact his ability to increase capital through investment or interest.

My strong guess is offset language is also a moronic Woody directive as well.

Could be Woody I suppose, but the guy isn't exactly hurting for money.

Not that I've really been paying much attention because I'm sure it's all worked out shortly, but I'd guess this is JD.

He has proven to be tight with the checkbook. See Crowder taking a 50% pay cut.

Perhaps Douglas is being a realist. If Wilson doesn't live up to the hype, maybe JD can trade him in a couple years. If Wilson's signing bonus hasn't all been paid out yet, would be easier to have the new team cover that tab.

Jets save millions against the cap, and JD looks frugal.

In the meantime I'm going to continue to enjoy summer.

If this isn't taken care of in a couple weeks, then I'll worry.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey - you don’t mind if we pay you your millions a year later than everyone else comparable to you, while we put in some clauses to perhaps not pay you at all - right?

As to cash flow, the Jets want to defer millions in signing bonus money earned by Wilson when he executes the contract to 2022. The recent precedent for players taken in the top two include all signing bonus money paid promptly. (Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow and Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence, the last two No. 1 overall picks, got theirs within 15 days of signing. The last two second overall picks, 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa and Washington defensive end Chase Young, received their signing bonus within 30 days of signing.)

The Jets paid out the full signing bonus received by quarterback Sam Darnold, the third overall pick in the draft, in 2018, the year he was drafted. The Jets hope to break from precedent and push money into 2022 based on the “new boss” argument, pointing to the change in G.M. from Mike Maccagnan to Joe Douglas. That hasn’t gotten Wilson to blink, and there’s no reason to think it will.

As to offset, it’s always a simple matter of whether a guarantee is a true guarantee. If the Jets can protect themselves by forcing someone else to pay the balance of the four-year contract if Wilson busts, it’s not a true and full guarantee. Players want the offset language removed (few actually get that term) in order to receive a true and full guarantee.

Meanwhile, the Jets will move forward with training camp without Wilson — and with James Morgan and Mike White as the only two quarterbacks in camp.

Let’s mention that again. Without Wilson, the only options at quarterback are James Morgan and Mike White.

I feel like I've seen this movie before. Jets camp opened today and their top pick and "QB of the Future, Mk VII" is unsigned. Granted, they could sign Wilson tomorrow, but, if they were that close, Jets management would have gotten the deal done so he would be on the field today. What's more likely, is that Wilson's deal will be finalized sometime next week, but now he'll be playing catch-up. This will set the stage for Wilson not being for the regular season. Jete coaches, fans and media will be excited, though, for the 2022 season when Wilson will get a full offseason and training camp and really show what he can do. The following offseason, they'll be trying to decide if they should draft his replacement or give Wilson one more year.

do they EVER disappoint? EVER???????????????????? Krist, they suck. Said it before...will say it until I die...the NFL should break up the franchise and utterly eradicate all vestiges of its' existence.

Last edited:
Oh happy day, i'm absolutely verclempt at the that of punky making it to training camp.......not really. i don't care about him, i want to know what about his mom, is she included in the deal?
Upvote for "verclempt".

Big win for the Jets in signing a rookie quarterback to a league-standard rookie contract, weeks after the pick right before him (same position) signed his contract.

Big win for the Jets in signing a rookie quarterback to a league-standard rookie contract, weeks after the pick right before him (same position) signed his contract.

Supposedly that offset language is important to GMs/Owners.

Had to be done, otherwise it would've helped agents/players with getting it removed for good.

JD did well.

And he signed...

His eyes were not red from the flight. It was from crying after Hot Mommy raised holy hell over the offset and he had to get his dad to intervene so she wouldn't rant about it on Instagram. She was the driving force behind Punky getting his signing bonus in full -- it either was that or he'd still be AWOL.

Supposedly that offset language is important to GMs/Owners.

Had to be done, otherwise it would've helped agents/players with getting it removed for good.

JD did well.

Douglas "did well"? Nonsense, there was no deft maneuvering involved.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back