PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut to: Week 8
Announcer: "...and Josh McCown has heroically led the Jets to a 4-4 record...."
[JetFan79 prepares noose]

That is the only way this season turns out bad.

Yet another Jete with an IQ below his jersey number.

Jamal Adams said 'perfect place to die is on the field' | Daily Mail Online

When Marcellus Bennett is the voice of reason, you know a Jete is involved.

Martellus Bennett on Jamal Adams' CTE Comments: 'I Ain't Dying for This S--t'

And the idiot lemmings at that GOODELL HOSTED EVENT (go figure) clapped and cheered. Boy the Jete IQ really spreads around doesn't it?

As for Adams, he probably lost IQ points after the realization that he was drafted by the Jetes.

Last edited:
Every season around this time there are at least two college QBs - who still have a year left in college - are hyped up as the next Peyton Manning, surefire top picks and guaranteed Hall of Fame players. It's happened so many times, it's hard to keep track of all these guys. It was said about Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Matt Barkley, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Leinart, etc. Then inevitably, under a huge microscope, scouts find numerous flaws within their games, and/or the pressure of being "a sure lottery pick" catches up to them.

This year the can't miss superstars are Sam Darnold (a grand total of 366 career passes), Josh Rosen (huge red flags, said to be a complete prima dona), and Josh Allen (accuracy and decision making issues). Any of the three may wind up being a good NFL quarterback, but history says it's unlikely, and in fact the QB landscape may look very, very different by the time the draft comes next April.

The Jete are chasing a lottery ticket, which is by no means a certainty. You can be sure that, if there are several good QBs and they are in position to make a selection, they will both (a) pick the wrong one and (b) destroy his development with their losing organization.

I'm looking forward to their dumpster fire of a season, which will inevitably be for nothing.

ugh+jets+fans.JPG

"Hack" and "Petty..." is this a footbalk team or a millennial's rap sheet?

Wait I should know this answer... we know we can rule out football team...

Every season around this time there are at least two college QBs - who still have a year left in college - are hyped up as the next Peyton Manning, surefire top picks and guaranteed Hall of Fame players. It's happened so many times, it's hard to keep track of all these guys. It was said about Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Matt Barkley, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Leinart, etc. Then inevitably, under a huge microscope, scouts find numerous flaws within their games, and/or the pressure of being "a sure lottery pick" catches up to them.

This year the can't miss superstars are Sam Darnold (a grand total of 366 career passes), Josh Rosen (huge red flags, said to be a complete prima dona), and Josh Allen (accuracy and decision making issues). Any of the three may wind up being a good NFL quarterback, but history says it's unlikely, and in fact the QB landscape may look very, very different by the time the draft comes next April.

The Jete are chasing a lottery ticket, which is by no means a certainty. You can be sure that, if there are several good QBs and they are in position to make a selection, they will both (a) pick the wrong one and (b) destroy his development with their losing organization.

I'm looking forward to their dumpster fire of a season, which will inevitably be for nothing.

Curious what/where you heard that about Rosen? I dig on all these guys and haven't heard that?

He learned the UCLA playbook in 3 days.

Also I def understand what you're saying but there's a huge diff between Jake Locker and Barkley etc.

Anyways just asking.

The writer achieved the impossible.

I have no idea how anybody can possibly limit a list of all the dumb things the Jete have done to just ten items.

Honestly though - the Gholston pick itself is worth enshrinement alone

This is TRULY classic Belichick... trading the 28th pick in the 2007 draft for Randy Moss and the #7 pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Revisiting Pats-49ers '07 trade

Now how to use that asset best... And remember - this is RIGHT after "Spygate" too!

And who was drafting right ahead of the Pats? Mangini and the Jets at #6. And as many might recall there was PLENTY of fake news buzz no doubt generated by the Pats to make some assert Belichick truly coveted Gholston and was even considering moving up to get him

There were even rumors (real news!) that the Pats were prepared to trade back with the Saints if the Jets scooped them on getting Gholston

Pro Football Weekly in 2008: Jets "hit another one out of the park" with Vernon Gholston pick - Freezing Cold Takes

Mangini couldn't resist the bait. The Jets got Gholston - the intel that the Jets got about the Pats trading back turned out to be real, and they picked up Jerrod Mayo and an extra draft pick

So NOT only did Belichick trade #28 for Randy Moss and Jerrod Mayo - he also spooked the Jets into using #6 on one of the all time biggest draft busts in NFL history!

In case anyone was wondering, the Pats actually wound up getting Shawn Crable at 78 for trading back with the Saints (in addition to picking up Moss and Mayo)

And yeah, over his two years here he only had 0.5 sacks

But then again that's 0.5 more sacks than I or even Vernon Gholston have on our NFL records

The writer achieved the impossible.

I have no idea how anybody can possibly limit a list of all the dumb things the Jete have done to just ten items.
And they referr to the patriots as the 'patsies' :confused:

today was classic Jete...they had that rookie explain that he didn't mean what he meant yesterday. Full blown press op, photogs, sports writers by the dozens, electronic media outlets....brights lights beating down on the squirming rookie as he was forced into lying about what he said and meant. THAT was the unseen hand of the Goon at work, make no mistake. After the Idiotissioner stepped on his microscopic pecker yet again following yesterday's ill timed comments by the rook , you can be dyam sure he "suggested" the kid walk his comments back to jibe with his, the Goon's, own preposterous prattling.

Seems like most people get it. Jete is an invariable or invariant noun like sheep where the singular is the same as the plural. I still see Jetes once in a while, but less and less. Sheep, fish, deer, swine, Jete. Animals to be feasted upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST