PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to figure out why in the Jets game Hackenberg got 6 pass attempts, Petty 24, and McCown 0. This is from Rotoworld:

Christian Hackenberg started Saturday's preseason game against the Lions, completing 2-of-6 passes for 14 yards.

Hackenberg was removed at halftime. Named a "surprise" starter by coach Todd Bowles, Hackenberg played jaw-droppingly bad football worthy of sympathy. He took two thundering sacks and let a ball squib out of his hand, "generating" -3 yards of passing offense. His "completions" were a pair of checkdowns to Bilal Powell. It's true that Hackenberg received zero help from his offensive line or "weapons," but once again, he looked completely lost on the preseason field. The Jets hid Hackenberg, a second-round pick, as a rookie because he wasn't ready. The year in mothballs did nothing to make him better, or counter his awful college film. The Jets have an albatross of a pick on their hands. It's frankly inexcusable considering Hackenberg's résumé coming out of Penn State.
So they start Hack as some sort of vote of confidence or test. He bombs completely, making McCown the only real option at QB unless you want to be an embarrassment for the ages. Odds are that McCown will miss some time since the OL is a sieve, and they'll have to play Hack anyway. My prediction is that at least 4 players will play QB for the Jets this season.

Make that 5...you know that 2 year year old kid inside "Shellrich!".s massive pumpkin head will be begging Daddy Bowels to put him in...

you know, I'd actually feel sympathy for any fan who had to sit through a season in the NFL watching THIS dreck...but...it's the Jete...**** 'em

Seems like most people get it. Jete is an invariable or invariant noun like sheep where the singular is the same as the plural. I still see Jetes once in a while, but less and less. Sheep, fish, deer, swine, Jete. Animals to be feasted upon.

@Ian should implement a Gold award similar to how it works on Reddit for posts like this lol!

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
That doesn't make sense. You tank for a QB. Tom is good QB, so no team would ever tank with him on the team.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
J E T S..Oh my how pittiful..My other team is the Lions so i watched last night. The Lions aren't real good but they looked like a SB contender against the J E T S.

J E T S..Oh my how pittiful..My other team is the Lions so i watched last night. The Lions aren't real good but they looked like a SB contender against the J E T S.

A well orchestrated tank indeed. :D

Just four months of this, then the Jets QB drought is over.

A well orchestrated tank indeed. :D

Just four months of this, then the Jets QB drought is over.
Until you pick the next bust.

As the historical embarrassment to the NFL the jets are now embarrassing embarrassment.

You'll laugh, cringe, and cry at the same time...

(Kinda like watching a Jet game.)

Wait, I thought it was "I can go either way! Maybe HACK is the quarterback of the future!"

Back to Tanking now...

Let's hope what passes for your coaching staff can make up what passes for their minds before effnig up and winning 5 games!

#TanksForTheMemories

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore