PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I thought it was "I can go either way! Maybe HACK is the quarterback of the future!"

Back to Tanking now...

Let's hope what passes for your coaching staff can make up what passes for their minds before effnig up and winning 5 games!

#TanksForTheMemories

With all the teams tanking it might be hard to actually lose 14-15 games which is where you want to be.

You'll have your obvious teams but also teams that are worse than expected. Teams who get hit hard with injuries. Maybe a QB goes down.

I have no doubt many teams will.

I think Cleveland won't be tanking fwiw.

A well orchestrated tank indeed. :D

Just four months of this, then the Jets QB drought is over.

Weren't you carving out Hall of Fame busts for Bowles and Mac after preseason game 1? So when they play awful, it's a well orchestrated tank; when they play well (relatively, lol) it's a testament to amazing coaching and a solid corps of young talent.

Already posted, five days ago. Try reading the thread first.

Ya think?

:eek: OMG I'm starting to think like a Pats fan! Must be losing brain cells in my old age.

Weren't you carving out Hall of Fame busts for Bowles and Mac after preseason game 1? So when they play awful, it's a well orchestrated tank; when they play well (relatively, lol) it's a testament to amazing coaching and a solid corps of young talent.

It's both. Even though I'm hoping for losses, I still want the young players and scheme to succeed.

:eek: OMG I'm starting to think like a Pats fan! Must be losing brain cells in my old age.
To lose brain cells, you first must have them. And if you thought like a Pats fan, you wouldn't be a Green Beans fan.

To lose brain cells, you first must have them. And if you thought like a Pats fan, you wouldn't be a Green Beans fan.

Good thing Belichick didn't try to tank in 2000-01 when he realized the limitations of Bledsoe.

Jets are a team of excuse makers and whiners. Teams almost never build from the bottom up with a top pick at QB. Meanwhile, many of the best/better QBs have proven that being a "slam dunk" top draft pick means nothing about a player's ceiling.

Overall Draft Position
Rodgers - 24
Marino - 27
Tarkenton - 29
Brees - 32
Favre - 33
Fouts - 64
Montana - 82
Unitas - 102
Staubach - 129
Brady - 199
Starr - 200
Moon - Undrafted
Warner - Undrafted
Romo - Undrafted

Even right now, there are some promising young QBs who the Jets would give up their left nut (which has been kicked in several times already today) to land.

Carr - 36
Garoppolo - 62
Wilson - 75
Cousins - 102
Prescott - 135

Better ensure you're as bad as humanly possibly Jets! Don't let any other team deprive you of your birth right to draft the The Transcendent One.

Last edited:
To add on to the comment above, here is more data on how unlikely it is that tanking for a first round quarterback will work.

Draft Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Only half of the number one overall picks as a QB since 1980 had/have a career winning record, and three of those were just barely over .500. Maybe you'll be lucky and wind up with Vinny Testaverde (90-123-1) or Sam Bradford (32-45-1), rather than JaMarcus Russell (7-18), Tim Couch (22-37), David Carr (23-56) or Jared Goff (0-7).

Number two pick overall isn't any better (Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, Robert Griffin), nor is number three (Akili Smith, Heath Shuler, Joey Harrington, Vince Young, Blake Bortles).

52 out of 83 first round quarterbacks since 1980 have failed to start five years worth of games (16 games per year x 5 seasons = 80).

So what is Jete Plan B?

It's both. Even though I'm hoping for losses, I still want the young players and scheme to succeed.

12872543_bc1a8cf3f4_o.jpg

Nope, it's all a part of the continuous kick to the nuts that being a fan of the JETE is all about:
What's particularly insidious and vicious about getting your testicles slammed by a foot, knee, or flying object (or being a JETE fan) is that the fun doesn't just stop with the searing pain. Next, the brain releases endorphins (this guy's testicles are on fire — let's relax him), leading to decreased oxygen levels within the brain. Of course, the decrease in oxygen causes a throbbing headache and sometimes nausea. Bellies and ball sacks share the same pain receptors, meaning that when a set of testicles is harmed, men often clutch their stomachs and bend over. "Falling to the ground and going into the fetal position," is common, Dr. Mirza assures.

Ref: A Doctor Explains Why Getting Kicked in the Balls Hurts So Damn Much

I would suggest you read the article, but I expect that you're already an expert about what it's like to be kicked in the nuts, so you're good.

Screen%20Shot%202014-05-12%20at%201.11.27%20PM.png

jeezus....stop the slaughter!! somebody put the reins on Tunescribe...this is HORRIBLE. I haven't seen an evisceration like this since Custer was scalped.

What's green, white and red all over?

Kickme79 in Tunescribes woodchipper.

giphy.gif

Of course!

See, there ya go ruining a funny run of posts.

The stadium fits over 80k fans. That is game 4 of the preseason (always useless). Not to mention it's August 31st at night. That is kickoff to Labor Day weekend.

Now I'm not sure about what NEers do on Labor Day weekend, but I assure you no NJ/NYers want to sit in a stadium and watch a preseason game 4. Let alone 80k of 'em!

There will be plenty of material this year to joke about. Not need to stretch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News