PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars cut Lenny Fournette

As much as I question the need here when so many weaknesses elsewhere have gone unaddressed, it would absolutely suck if the Billiards or another of our AFC enemas signed him.

Dunno....I am happy with Michel/Harris/Burkhead/White....that's a great RB room right there.

BUT Fournette caught 76 balls last year....and also 36 his rookie year....and 22 the year in between where he played half a season.

That is a dual threat RB that we don't have yet.....

AND WHY DIDN'T WE CLAIM HIM ON WAIVERS? He was only on a 4M/yr deal?!?!?!? Do we plan to low ball him even further?

Dunno....I am happy with Michel/Harris/Burkhead/White....that's a great RB room right there.

BUT Fournette caught 76 balls last year....and also 36 his rookie year....and 22 the year in between where he played half a season.

That is a dual threat RB that we don't have yet.....

AND WHY DIDN'T WE CLAIM HIM ON WAIVERS? He was only on a 4M/yr deal?!?!?!? Do we plan to low ball him even further?
Last year I'd agree about the RB room potential but it's too shaky for me rn. We're definitely low balling him lol. Come here for a year with Cam/this OL. Sounds like he might want a prove it deal as well.

Not a big fan of Lenny

Why is it "uh oh"? Who the hell cares if he goes to the Bucs? Let me know if he signs with KC or even Buffalo.

Yes. But it's bizarre he had almost 1,700 total yards yet nobody wanted him a $4M for one year. I say he goes to the Bucs and that would be a great spot for him.

It’s “uh oh” as in that offense would be scary AND we wouldn’t be getting him. That’s it.
That's the last thing teams want to see. Tom can preserve his arm at times with a power back who can catch. I bet Tom personally called and is recruiting him.

I want BB to sign him, but if not, I hope he goes to the Bucs.

Sign LF and move Rex to WR to replace Sanu

No-one claimed him so there is something going on. For the Pats, BB could add a conditional second year at a much higher cost and see if he bites. I am sure BB is scheming something. Top 5 picks are rarely available this early in their career.

BB loves big bruising backs, and Lenny will know that the Pats O-line is MUCH better than the Bucs. If he wants a high priced free agent deal next year, it is an advantage to run behind a better O-line with Cam as a running threat too. His numbers will be much better in N.E.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back