PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars cut Lenny Fournette

My sister & her husband's family in Milton know Giardi's family, but I despise what he has become - a shill for the Haters on Park Avenue...

Having said that however, I gotta agree with this "source;" it makes no sense to pursue Fournette at this time after just activating both Michel & Miller from the PUP...and while still having holes at MULTIPLE other positions THROUGHOUT the roster.

Last edited:
Word down here is his own teammates wanted him out of town. He’s a locker room cancer. That he passed through waivers without a sniff and the Jags couldn’t find a trade partner tells me his reputation around the league is trashed.

When you look at the (alleged) reasons why Jax got so fed up with him that they cut him, I find it hard to believe the Patriots would take him on.

Interesting..I’d love to see a DOMINANT running game with LF, our current stable of backs, healthy OL, great blocking WRs & Cam...

Last edited:
Word down here is his own teammates wanted him out of town. He’s a locker room cancer. That he passed through waivers without a sniff and the Jags couldn’t find a trade partner tells me his reputation around the league is trashed.
So was Corey Dillon, so was Lagarette Blount. Things change when you become a Patriot.

So was Corey Dillon, so was Lagarette Blount. Things change when you become a Patriot.
True, but I don’t recall either player specifically being cut at the request of his teammates. I also don’t recall those backfields for the Patriots being as full as they are now. Finally, I don’t remember there being questions about whether either player could pick up the playbook.

It just makes too much sense...assuming this materializes, someone will have to go bye-bye..

Last edited:
I would like to think the Pats vetted him with Tom Coughlin to get a better understanding of what lfs deal is... but he can produce... He played against a 8 man box a lot because he was the Jags best offensive weapon... I'm on the fence about this guy...

I would like to think the Pats vetted him with Tom Coughlin to get a better understanding of what lfs deal is... but he can produce... He played against a 8 man box a lot because he was the Jags best offensive weapon... I'm on the fence about this guy...

Just sign him. He is a cheap beast that can catch & we have the cap space. If he has an attitude than BB will cut him.

Great scheme fit. Motivated he'd basically be a more athletic Blount with receiving ability.

He'd be our RB1 immediately and this screams Bill. He doesn't want surprises. He doesn't want to be caught shorthanded in Nov.
Sony is Sony. Who's knows but we've never seen his peak. Very good at times but not someone you can depend on full time.
Miller is coming off injury.
I love Rex but again can we depend on him for a full 16 maybe more?
I love Harris but we know Bill usually roles RBBC for the most part.

Pairing Cam/LF7 is definitely something that could make Bill stop n think. Potentially an incredible power running game with a few guys who can also catch.

With this OL/Defense. It's definitely something that could peak his interest. Especially if the RB room is on crutches.

For everyone who is saying that Fournette is not a fit due to his bad attitude, you must not remember Blount. The running back who slugged a player after the game? The same running back who got caught with Bell smoking up? If Belichick wants him he's a Patriot.

Looks like he cleared.
He'd be our RB1 immediately and this screams Bill. He doesn't want surprises. He doesn't want to be caught shorthanded in Nov.
Sony is Sony. Who's knows but we've never seen his peak. Very good at times but not someone you can depend on full time.
Miller is coming off injury.
I love Rex but again can we depend on him for a full 16 maybe more?
I love Harris but we know Bill usually roles RBBC for the most part.

Pairing Cam/LF7 is definitely something that could make Bill stop n think. Potentially an incredible power running game with a few guys who can also catch.

With this OL/Defense. It's definitely something that could peak his interest. Especially if the RB room is on crutches.

These new era ’twenner” Linebackers aren’t built to get ran at by big extra lineman and multiple turpedo and wrecking ball type players for a whole 60 minutes. Make it into the playoffs and big things are possible.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back