PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts: the stretch run edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe...and I know it was cross the body...but I think Brady used to make those tight throws into the dirt a bit "closer"...

IDK. Maybe a situational judgment call by Brady - "Is it worth the risk in this situation to take the risk of throwing it tighter?"

By the way, the refs yesterday were terrible. They should not be allowed to take the field again without some major re-training. Calling ticky-tack things at the beginning of the game was totally ruining it. Then they'd call some borderline things, but let other obvious fouls go. No rhyme or reason; no flow to the game, particularly in the 1st half. Pats won in spite of the refs.

It's been reported that Hochuli had to ice down his throwing arm after the game and that he may be given a week off to rest it.

It's been reported that Hochuli had to ice down his throwing arm after the game and that he may be given a week off to rest it.
I didn't know he was Son of Hoculi until after the game. Maybe he should be required to explain all of his flags like his Dad, so he'll be inclined to throw fewer, although a game might then last 6 hours. Bring back the guns!!

The Pats as they look right now are not a team I'm exactly confident in. They can get better by playoff time but it has taken a while, longer than usual for them to figure it out and start playing complete games.

That being said I would obviously not count them out. They can beat any of the AFC teams and get to the Super Bowl but this isn't a team that I'd pencil in to go to the AFCCG.

The offense was short two WRs and two RBs for most of the first 3-4 games. They got a late start on "figuring things out".

Our team feels "shaky" to me right now, like it usually feels 2 weeks (not 12 weeks) in. Hopefully they continue to get stronger. Go Pats!

With so many offensive players missing during the first 3-4 weeks, they got a late start.

Maybe a situational judgment call by Brady - "Is it worth the risk in this situation to take the risk of throwing it tighter?"

I saw a quote from Brady to the effect that he has consciously gotten more cautious over time.
If you can win with low-variance plays, that's definitely what you should do.

Moot. Moot point. Mute doesn't make sense when you know what the word "moot" means.

moot
/mo͞ot/
adjective
  1. subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.
    "whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point"

I don't disagree with the word choice. That is spot-on. I disagree with your choice of definition and your example, which at best belongs in the politics forum.

The proper definition in this case is the second one:
moot
adjective

\ˈmüt \
Definition of moot
(Entry 1 of 3)

1a: open to question : DEBATABLE
b: subjected to discussion : DISPUTED
2: deprived of practical significance : made abstract or purely academic

"Of course, the distinction between "mute" and "moot" has been pointed out to Ken on at least two previous occasions, so which definition we choose to specify is a moot point."

A decisive win this week will put most of the media back on the bandwagon. Brady usually shreds Mike Zimmer defenses, but it will be tough this time will all the talent they have on D. Blocking Hunter and Griffen is going to be very tough. This will be a game Trent Brown will either earn more money or lose it.

Aside from this weeks game, Pittsburgh is the only other team on the schedule that could be a tough game. Oh....and don't forget the dreaded trip to Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back