PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars cut Lenny Fournette

Definitely interested if the price is right. Obviously they have cap space but can't splurge considering Cam is already on such a cheap deal. I can't imagine they can compete with other teams as far as what they're willing to offer but depends on if he wants to play here. Him and Cam seem like a great pairing.

Sounds like Tampa Bay material...

He was suspended for a game during his rookie season because he left early during the bye week and skipped the team picture. He was fined numerous times for being late to or not paying attention in meetings.

Fournette didn't completely learn the offense, and quarterback Blake Bortles regularly had to line him up in the correct spot. Even so, Fournette became just the second rookie in franchise history to rush for more than 1,000 yards, and he followed up the 1,040 yards and nine touchdowns with 242 yards and a franchise-record four touchdowns in three postseason games.

how are there snaps for
Fournette
Michel
Harris
Miller
White
Burkhead
a fullback
Taylor (OK, practice squad)

pick two to go, in addition to Taylor

how are there snaps for
Fournette
Michel
Harris
Miller
White
Burkhead
a fullback

Those to go: Lamar Miller, JJ Taylor (being referred-to as Little Dion Lewis isn't a good thing for an NFL hopeful) & Jake Johnson...In my last roster projection I chose to keep a 3rd TE (Izzo) & a 9th OLman and send Johnson to the PS...

how are there snaps for
Fournette
Michel
Harris
Miller
White
Burkhead
a fullback

How many of these dudes are still on PUP though? Have to wonder if they might keep guys on PUP to bring back later as reserves. Fournette, Michel and Burkhead are all likely to get banged up again later. Miller is coming back from an ACL. Then add COVID into the mix. If they are looking to feature the run this year they may want to have a deep stable of backs, even if they aren't all available at all times. Contingency plans etc.

If they sign Fournette, someone gets cut and someone goes to the practice squad.

Who's it going to be?

He has to go through waivers, it will be interesting to see if someone claims $4.1 million for 2020. I'm guessing we will know by 4 pm today.

He is only 25 years old, could be a steal if properly motivated. I wouldnt want to have to tackle either Newton or Fournette.

it doesn’t take a football expert to tell that Fournette is a similar, yet better and more explosive player then Michael. He’s also more versatile. If you have to make a choice between miller and Fournette, that’s a pretty easy decision.

How many of these dudes are still on PUP though?
Miller just came off PUP, so I think that all of them are active

He has to go through waivers, it will be interesting to see if someone claims $4.1 million for 2020. I'm guessing we will know by 4 pm today.

He is only 25 years old, could be a steal if properly motivated. I wouldnt want to have to tackle either Newton or Fournette.
Some a**hole team with no shot of winning will claim him.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back