PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars cut Lenny Fournette

Wouldn't rule out the Pats claiming him. Isn't his salary non guaranteed due to some fight he was involved in?

Johnson is that bad huh?
It's more like he's just not that good...He'll never have the ball in his hands, so it's kinda wasting a roster spot that could go to someone else at a position where we could use more help...I'd rather keep Izzo and/or a 9th OLman (whoever of Braden/OneMenu/Cunningham/Herron isn't the 8th)
than on somebody who wouldn't even be on anyone's TC roster if it weren't for some Park Avenue-created Euro publicity stunt...

From the Jaguars front office "he’s not on board with what we’re trying to do, what we’re able to do’ I think that’s when you pull the trigger."

This team is a joke and that's quite an embarrassing quote. With all their high profile players gone, it's clear there's something more wrong with the organization then the players. How can any player buy in to what "they are doing" when they only achievement in the last 20 years has been an AFCCG?

From the Jaguars front office "he’s not on board with what we’re trying to do, what we’re able to do’ I think that’s when you pull the trigger."

This team is a joke and that's quite an embarrassing quote. With all their high profile players gone, it's clear there's something more wrong with the organization then the players. How can any player buy in to what "they are doing" when they only achievement in the last 20 years has been an AFCCG?

The Jags are definitely a joke. They've really gone downhill since they won their "Super Bowl" against the Pats in like, Week 2, a couple years ago.

Wouldn't rule out the Pats claiming him. Isn't his salary non guaranteed due to some fight he was involved in?
Not sure, but considering the fairly small cap hit I wouldn't be surprised to see them claim him either. Worth risking a few million for a really good back. Not so much $ that it will bother anyone else either, I think.

Plus it would just make other fanbases sooooo mad. "The Pats lose Brady but then amazing players like Newton and Fournette just fall in their lap!!!!!"

I’m sure most teams have some “potential interest”...

Like Earl Thomas, teams may not want him in the locker room.

So posters don't want Sony because he gets hurt but doesn't miss games, and they want Fournette who also has suspect knees and actually misses games?

James White, Sony Michel, Rex Burkhead, Damien Harris, Lamar Miller, J.J. Taylor, Jakob Johnson... that's a deep talented RB room. Fournette is welcome for the vet minimum, I seriously doubt he accepts that offer.

Leonard Fournette, Todd Gurley... these are cautionary tales as to why you don't pay RB's massive contracts.

I can promise you BB doesn't look at the RB position and care who the "starter" is, he wants a stable of guys. It's RB by committee. And consider what they're paying these guys, not one of them is getting a massive payday or ever will. White and Rex were vets and earned the deals they got, nobody here is getting a Todd Gurley sized contract. All of the RB's on this team combined get paid what one LeVeon Bell/David Johnson/Kenyan Drake/Zeke Elliott does.

Paying massive deals to positions that inevitably get hurt is the domain of dumb teams who are victims of the moment. Watch... the Browns will give Nick Chubb a massive contract next year and they will continue on losing. The Patriots will offer Sony a reasonable deal assuming health and if he doesn't take it they won't flinch or hesitate to move on. Skill position players like RB are the most plentiful position in every draft class.

BB isn't a fantasy football GM, he doesn't care about individual stats, he cares about team stats and wins. Harris didn't play in 2019 because he was last on the depth chart, assuming the rookie TE's and the O-Line are healthy he'll get substantially better blocking than Sony received last year, he also will get receiving targets from a QB who isn't so particular or who plays favorites.

Sorry, boys and girls, but he's not coming here. Incarceration Bob ruined it.

Incarcerated Bob? If he truly is incarcerated where does he hide his cell phone? The old prison wallet?

Asking for a friend:whistle:

There are rumors that Alvin Kamara is available. Saints looking for a #1 pick. I would give them Michel and a #2 pick. The rumor of a possible trade is contingent on the Saints NOT being able to sign him.

You’re kidding me. With how long you’ve been here?
lol I understand his rep is normally to throw crap at walls and see what sticks.
But does anyone knew percentage of right vs wrong?
Are we saying he’s 30 percent right 70 percent way off the mark for instance?

lol I understand his rep is normally to throw crap at walls and see what sticks.
But does anyone knew percentage of right vs wrong?
Are we saying he’s 30 percent right 70 percent way off the mark for instance?
I 100% know he is clueless as to what Belichick is doing this morning.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back