PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars cut Lenny Fournette

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Pats need a bruising power back. Fournette had 1100 rush yards and 500 receiving yards in 2019.

Rumor has it Pissburgh is interested. Do not count the Steelers out in 2020. Especially if the land Fournette.

I would expect Tampa and maybe KC to be heavily interested in him...

yeah, I would be all over this. This is what cap room is for, We know BB or any team does not want to pay him more than 4mill or they would have traded a conditional 7th. I have no issue about bringing him in for 200 carries. Miller cost a 200K bonus as an insurance policy, sunk cost who cares.

KC has Hellaire and that cap must be low.

Very true. I wouldn't mind him in NE. He's had two 1000 yards+ seasons in three years, so he is a productive back. However, he's only averaged 4.0 YPC and gets injured quite frequently.

If we could make an outcast but talented RB like Corey Dillon a team kind of player and very productive then Fournette would be a nice addition

Really no feelings on that one. If they can convince him to sign for a cheap deal and work his ass off then so be it. If they can't because other teams' offers are too big then we are still looking at one of the deepest RB units in the entire league.

If the price is right, sign him. I would think Taylor or Miller would go. Maybe Bill can sneak Taylor onto the PS.

Pats need a bruising power back. Fournette had 1100 rush yards and 500 receiving yards in 2019.

Rumor has it Pissburgh is interested. Do not count the Steelers out in 2020. Especially if the land Fournette.
screw Pittsburgh ....if they won the Super Bowl that would put a cap on the worst year in my life (2020)

KC has Hellaire and that cap must be low.
Hellaire & Fournette are differently-sized players with different roles...Darrel Williams would be Fournette's main competition in KC...

I’d be all over this if we are looking to institute a power run game to copy off of what Baltimore is doing. He’s also a threat out of the backfield on 3rd down. Only downside is, like Sony, he’s been a bit brittle at both LSU and in Jax.

Sign the beast! We need some kind of offense to watch this year.

Hellaire & Fournette are differently-sized players with different roles...Darrel Williams would be Fournette's main competition in KC...
Helaire is being groomed to be a Brian Westbrook clone.

Fournette would take snaps from Helaire and quite possibly take him off the field.

Last edited:
I don’t see Fournette getting along great with BB.

Fournette would be cut at the first sign of him speaking out or disagreeing with Bill. I wouldn't worry about it. You have to think he's headed here or the Bucs.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back