PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars cut Lenny Fournette

Some of you better be right and Brady better be done because if he’s not he’s going to have a 2007/2010 style year

Big pick up for the Bucs, who had a weakness at RB...

Brady basically brought Gronk and Fournette to Tampa to revamp their offense...they are going to be unreal now, at least on offense. Belichick is going to watch the guy he wanted to get rid of win #7.

If that means they can beat teams in our way like the Chiefs that works for me.

we‘d be lucky to go 8-8 this year, man. have you seen the crap we have on offense?

For everyone who is saying that Fournette is not a fit due to his bad attitude, you must not remember Blount. The running back who slugged a player after the game? The same running back who got caught with Bell smoking up? If Belichick wants him he's a Patriot.
Regarding the bolded section - interesting question now, given that he signed with Tampa. How many of those guys were signing with the Patriots because they wanted to play with Brady, versus how many of those guys signed with the Patriots because they wanted to play for BB? We know for some it’s the latter (Rodney), but we may not be getting as many of these types of guys going forward until/unless BB proves he can keep the train running without Brady driving it.

we‘d be lucky to go 8-8 this year, man. have you seen the crap we have on offense?
I don't know, but on paper it is better than last year (if you trust Cam).

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

Brady basically brought Gronk and Fournette to Tampa to revamp their offense...they are going to be unreal now, at least on offense. Belichick is going to watch the guy he wanted to get rid of win #7.
Their defense onpaper is overlooked though. JPP, Suh, Vea, David, Barrett, and a secondary that improved at the end of last year that's a solid B defense on paper. Helps that TB is not turnover machine andsuddenly the Bucs look like a legit SB contender

Doesn’t have to relocate, there’s no state income tax & won’t have to face 8 in the box. It’s a win-win-win for him-him-him...

The irony is they actually had a good TE. Gronk was just overkill imo. Fournette is bigger because he adds a significant boost to a real question mark. Now a powerhouse passing offense has a legitimate running threat.

I got 9-7 with some upside. This isn’t Brady’s offense anymore and shouldn’t be compared to that.

WTH, they get him cheap

Last edited:
I honestly believe Tampa goes 10-6 at best. Super teams never win in this league. NFL is a tough league to buy a title.

They went 7-9 with a QB who had 30 ints. Then they added Brady, Gronk, and Fournette.

Did some kind of time vortex open up and the Bucs have to face a gauntlet of the last 16 Patriots teams to save the world? I know its 2020, but that still seems a little unlikely :maybenot:

Just the type of RB that the Pats needed last season to pick up tough yards and especially at the goal line.

Yall better prepare yourself for Bradys 7th ring.

I heard that NOLA Saints Kamara is on the trading block because of crazy new contract expectations. The Saints are the only team in the way of the Bucs winning the division IMO. Anybody fear the Falcons? I dont. Panthers are in limbo.

I heard that NOLA Saints Kamara is on the trading block because of crazy new contract expectations. The Saints are the only team in the way of the Bucs winning the division IMO. Anybody fear the Falcons? I dont. Panthers are in limbo.

Fear the falcons or panthers? No. But those are division games... And nothing is a given... New England was so much better than the rest of the division for 20 years, but how many times did the clean the slate and run 6-0 in the division? Not as often as they should...

As for the bucs getting fournette, that's a perfect example of the intangible power Brady wields in the league... Something New England now lacks... He is a draw, and it's no surprise fournette went there for short money... Sadly, it's no longer an advantage for us

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
Back