PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

J.J. Watt signing with Cardinals

The Patriots made a call to the Watt camp, but the two sides were never close to making anything happen. The price was pretty substantial.

It's the Tom Brady effect. Now every team thinks they can sign an aging superstar and win a Super Bowl. :)
Lol, I bet the other 31 watching the lowly Bucs win a SB has them all going crazy. Like anything is possible with one right move. The QBs are all up in arms, rebelling. I love it. But Kyler Murray is a Pro Bowler over TFB.

I thought he wanted to win? Because that team ain't winning with Murray and Kingsbury.

I wanna see the money numbers just to see how much this guy was about going to a super bowl contender.
Why would you care? You seem upset about this.

Why would you care? You seem upset about this.

Not upset but he’s two faced talking about the texans organization and wanting to win. I still would put the cardinals fourth in that division.

Lol, I bet the other 31 watching the lowly Bucs win a SB has them all going crazy. Like anything is possible with one right move. The QBs are all up in arms, rebelling. I love it. But Kyler Murray is a Pro Bowler over TFB.
Imagine being Russell Wilson (1 SB in 9 seasons), Aaron Rodgers (1 SB in 13 seasons as the starter), or Deshaun Watson (0 SB in 4 seasons) and thinking you've done enough to earn the sort of input perks that Brady finally got after 6 SB wins and 9 SB appearances.

We offered him 12m/2 years, calling it now.
Not surprised. This BS about Pats having an advantage because of available cap won't matter if they refuse to be competitive. Not saying this guy deserves that $$$ but there's always some fool willing to overpay. Expect 2nd and 3rd tier FAs.

Who cares. Injury freak on the downside of his career. Lotsa luck AZ.

Wow, that's too much money. I don't think Watt's got that kind of power left in him. Could be wrong and wish him well, and glad it's not on an AFC team.

Still, if I were going to dump that kind of cash on a DL, I'd have gone for Leonard Williams. Williams is currently being valued at 5/56. That's a deal I would consider long before Watt at this price. I mean, Watt a few years ago, sure, but...

I don’t want Butler for more than 7 mill a season personally.
Relax, Bill won't spend $7M for anyone, not even a QB.

Here's your WR1 list, have fun:

20210223_162516.jpg

Terrible decision.

I bet some team gives him $10-$12m guaranteed. 4y/$28m

Im surprised people value Butler so highly and he was my binkie :) Miguel has him at 8M apy iirc!

Kudos for specific numbers though!

I see him at 5M range. (i wouldn't re-sign him at that price this year though)

Last edited:
Im surprised people value Butler so highly and he was my binkie :) Miguel has him at 8M apy iirc!

Kudos for specific numbers though!

Id have him at 5M range. (i wouldn't re-sign him at that price this year though)
I think there are a couple teams out there that will put a lot of value on his size, coaching hes received, production and age. Butler is an above-average interior DL and very valuable in a rotational/situational role.

I could be way off. Malcom Brown got 3/15 and $5.5m guaranteed from the Saints but I think Butler is a better player.

BB threw the kitchen sink.... 4 per year

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back