PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

J.J. Watt signing with Cardinals

Underwhelming

Wow didn’t see this one coming him and Jones.
Jimmy would be injured that game for sure.
Thankful it’s not Buff

That's a LOT of money for a guy who may only be able to play 50% of your season snaps between injuries and maintenance. But if he works, that's now an elite pass rushing line.

that eats up all of their cap space, I would not feel comfortable in my job security if I was Robert Alford....

His contract screams CUT ME!!!

Way too much cash for a fragile player at his age.

100%. I would have taken him here, but not for anywhere near that money. I'm happy for him though, could be his last pay day and he plays a tough position. Can't blame him for cashing in and the Cards are a decent team (albeit in a tough division).

So much for Tompa Bay lol...

I'm expecting that $31M to include a bunch of incentives. I wonder if it's maybe just $23M/2yr fully guaranteed base with $8M in incentives. If that $31M is the real base value, then it's bizarre to see a contract with functional cash flow of $23M in year 1 and $8M in year 2.

Too much guaranteed money. His last few years weren't any indication?

Congrats to him on finding someone to pay him that much. He chose money over Lombardi potential, but whatever works for him.

JJ was scheduled to make $17.5M in Houston and now he is going to make $15.5M in Arizona? And he asked to be released? And there were LOTS of teams clamoring for him, or so we are told. Arizona will not sniff a ring, so why change teams? Good for him I guess. More money than I will make in 2021.

i think GB is in better shape for a super bowl run than Arizona. puzzled by this move unless GB couldn’t offer him a decent contract.

100%. I would have taken him here, but not for anywhere near that money. I'm happy for him though, could be his last pay day and he plays a tough position. Can't blame him for cashing in and the Cards are a decent team (albeit in a tough division).
The price for Adam Butler just went up.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back