PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

J.J. Watt signing with Cardinals

Watt seems to get injured every year and isn't the same guy. Props to him for getting paid like he's in his prime

The other possible reason for this move is his wife is from Draper, UT. One state over...

The other possible reason for this move is his wife is from Draper, UT. One state over...

I'm guessing the market for Watt wasn't as high as the reports (i.e., his agent) led us to believe. Arizona is very surprising TBH.

Since the Pats missed out on JJ Watt, can they get TJ Watt? Offer the Steelers a conditional seventh for him. I am sure they will go for it.

I bet some team gives him $10-$12m guaranteed. 4y/$28m

I think he will be worth that type of money I just don't know if he's got enough on tape to convince a GM to give him that type of deal. Maybe 20% less, but then again it only takes finding 1 GM and I hope it's not the Dolphins.

I'm guessing the market for Watt wasn't as high as the reports (i.e., his agent) led us to believe. Arizona is very surprising TBH.

I am hoping stuff comes out to see what real contenders where offering JJ Watt. He took the money. Can’t blame him.

I dunno. "Bunny Ranch" John Clayton said a number of teams wanted him. Whether they made him an offer if unknown.

I think he will be worth that type of money I just don't know if he's got enough on tape to convince a GM to give him that type of deal. Maybe 20% less, but then again it only takes finding 1 GM and I hope it's not the Dolphins.
I do believe he'll go to MIA and they have the cap space.

I don't want to hear this guy complain about not winning. I think he's sort of a douche, to be honest. Good for anyone who follows the money in this business; I might do the same thing. But all I've heard from this guy is whining about how the Texans aren't winning and are wasting their talent, etc. Their checks always cleared...and this was his chance to show the world how much he wanted that ring.

I don't want to hear this guy complain about not winning. I think he's sort of a douche, to be honest. Good for anyone who follows the money in this business; I might do the same thing. But all I've heard from this guy is whining about how the Texans aren't winning and are wasting their talent, etc. Their checks always cleared...and this was his chance to show the world how much he wanted that ring.

It’s always about the mighty dollar. You think Wilson wants to take a pay cut? He’s scared to lose ciara lol.

So much for Tompa Bay lol...
You had him going to Pittsburgh because of "brotherly love."

Or to Green Bay because of being "home sick."

Boy are you naive. Lmao

You had him going to Pittsburgh because of "brotherly love."

Or to Green Bay because of being "home sick."

Boy are you naive. Lmao

Also i don’t remember his name being linked to tampa in the media. It was buffalo, Green Bay, etc.

Did not see this one coming. Good luck to him. Despite his injury history I think he played all of the 2020 season and most if not all of the 2019 season? I would expect the trend to continue.

Did not see this one coming. Good luck to him. Despite his injury history I think he played all of the 2020 season and most if not all of the 2019 season? I would expect the trend to continue.

No. I believe he played half the season in 2019.

Also i don’t remember his name being linked to tampa in the media. It was buffalo, Green Bay, etc.
Yeah, the few voices mentioning K.C. or Tampa were saying "If he really wants to win, he'd go to teams like....", and taking it from there.

I thought he wanted a chance to win? The dude is a fraud. Chased the money.

Hey, at least it's good news for the Pats. If Bill pays up, there's a chance.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back