PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isaiah Wynn Not at Practice for Bills Playoff Game

I think the stagnation you're referring to is more a result of some weird injury timing. They clearly felt in TC that their best combo was Wynn-Onwenu-Andrews-Mason-Brown, with Karras as the super sub. That was the lineup in week 1 (well, PLAY 1 at least), and then Brown got hurt. I think at the time they thought Brown would be back really soon, and so they figured why reshuffle the line, only to shuffle it back in a week. Unfortunately, Brown had some kind of set back and that didn't happen. Eventually, they moved Onwenu to RT and Karras to LG, and things solidified, so by the time Brown came back they just made the 1-to-1 swap back Brown for Onwenu. They've been riding that since, to mostly good effect.

A similar philosophy was at play in the Miami game. Wynn goes down, and rather than move Brown from the right to the left (where he may not have practiced all year), they just plugged Herron in for the rest of the game. Again, short term, you move as few people as possible where you think you can still field five professional OL. Herron wasn't really the problem in the Miami game, except for the very first play he was in where Miami loaded up that side and took advantage of the communication issues that were bound to occur.

Now, the big question will be: If Wynn is out this week, can you afford to maintain this philosophy? They may think that Wynn would be back for a divisional round, but if they don't win this week that doesn't matter at all. I would imagine they would move Brown to LT and Onwenu to RT, because this is do or die, but ultimately we'll see on Saturday. IF Wynn is out, that is, which looks more likely than not at this point.

Thanks for the insight, I didn't really consider the nuanced injury timetable playing into decisions (Re: if a player will be back soon or not) - and that does provide and interesting component to Saturday that you've mentioned - it's do or die, so do you go with the best look you can even if it disrupts Wynn's contributions down the stretch?

I hope so haha. I want to win, damnit.

I think the stagnation you're referring to is more a result of some weird injury timing. They clearly felt in TC that their best combo was Wynn-Onwenu-Andrews-Mason-Brown, with Karras as the super sub. That was the lineup in week 1 (well, PLAY 1 at least), and then Brown got hurt. I think at the time they thought Brown would be back really soon, and so they figured why reshuffle the line, only to shuffle it back in a week. Unfortunately, Brown had some kind of set back and that didn't happen. Eventually, they moved Onwenu to RT and Karras to LG, and things solidified, so by the time Brown came back they just made the 1-to-1 swap back Brown for Onwenu. They've been riding that since, to mostly good effect.

A similar philosophy was at play in the Miami game. Wynn goes down, and rather than move Brown from the right to the left (where he may not have practiced all year), they just plugged Herron in for the rest of the game. Again, short term, you move as few people as possible where you think you can still field five professional OL. Herron wasn't really the problem in the Miami game, except for the very first play he was in where Miami loaded up that side and took advantage of the communication issues that were bound to occur.

Now, the big question will be: If Wynn is out this week, can you afford to maintain this philosophy? They may think that Wynn would be back for a divisional round, but if they don't win this week that doesn't matter at all. I would imagine they would move Brown to LT and Onwenu to RT, because this is do or die, but ultimately we'll see on Saturday. IF Wynn is out, that is, which looks more likely than not at this point.
If Wynn is out, I’ll bet Herron will be LT. I would like to see TB-Karras-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu but doubt

If Wynn is out, I’ll bet Herron will be LT. I would like to see TB-Karras-Andrews-Mason-Onwenu but doubt

Ultimately that's what I want too, because those are our best five guys with Wynn out. I guess we'll see, and a large part of it may depend on how many reps they think Brown needs at LT to get back into rhythm there. Because it's not just him that needs those reps, but Karras beside him would need to get in sync with him as well. But we've seen the Pats coaches pull out all the stops in the playoffs before, like against Baltimore in 2014 where they had the Edelman double pass and the formations that drove Harbaugh bananas. They'll do whatever they think they have to do to win. Whether that agrees with what we want (or whether they're right) remains to be seen.

Ultimately that's what I want too, because those are our best five guys with Wynn out. I guess we'll see, and a large part of it may depend on how many reps they think Brown needs at LT to get back into rhythm there. Because it's not just him that needs those reps, but Karras beside him would need to get in sync with him as well. But we've seen the Pats coaches pull out all the stops in the playoffs before, like against Baltimore in 2014 where they had the Edelman double pass and the formations that drove Harbaugh bananas. They'll do whatever they think they have to do to win. Whether that agrees with what we want (or whether they're right) remains to be seen.

Unfortunately what they think doesn't always match up with what's best for the team. A lot of dumba-s decisions the last 2 years from this offensive staff. So I wouldn't just blindly accept that whatever they did is automatically what's best for the team (hello anytime NKeal Harry plays a lot)....

There will a ton of heat if they moronically start Herron and keep Onwenu on the bench. Equally moronic and nonsensical to start Herron and then have Onwenu at LG and bench Karras.

Logic is not his strong suit. And "original" went bye-bye a long time ago for the Drop Kicker. I am sure I am a blind idiot homer and perhaps a tobacco farmer.

The funny thing is I do not disagree about Herron/Onwenu. Just think with all the Tourette's-like shouting that the OC and staff are complete idiots, it's time to man up and direct that ire at Belichick. The buck stops with him, I would think.

I want to know if Belichick is a figure head coach or an idiot.
Oh I hear ya. Trust me it's more than obvious he dances it.

Like, here's Bill "15 rings, 50 years experience" Belichick. The guy that hires nothing but slapd-cks and droolers. The guy that's widely regarded as the best coach ever can't identify good coaches.

It goes the other with Mac. Here Mac "one of the best rookie QB's ever" dragging Shi+bum Josh along. Every INT Josh turned into Yoda and redirected the ball. Mac is given one and only play to run and can't check out in 2022. But when he does check out of a play he's OROY.

Honestly I'm cool with a lot of thoughts and opinion. Some substance and insight should follow the rage post though. Dude is headbutting the keyboard over a SB winning OC that's holding the hand of the QB he whinges about.

Yea a little more intelligent thought would be great. Honestly I'd love to hear a case against Josh or why Josh is bad. I'd love to here a reasonable case, genuinely. Not being sarcastic we can talk about it.

Oh I hear ya. Trust me it's more than obvious he dances it.

Like, here's Bill "15 rings, 50 years experience" Belichick. The guy that hires nothing but slapd-cks and droolers. The guy that's widely regarded as the best coach ever can't identify good coaches.

It goes the other with Mac. Here Mac "one of the best rookie QB's ever" dragging Shi+bum Josh along. Every INT Josh turned into Yoda and redirected the ball. Mac is given one and only play to run and can't check out in 2022. But when he does check out of a play he's OROY.

Honestly I'm cool with a lot of thoughts and opinion. Some substance and insight should follow the rage post though. Dude is headbutting the keyboard over a SB winning OC that's holding the hand of the QB he whinges about.

Yea a little more intelligent thought would be great. Honestly I'd love to hear a case against Josh or why Josh is bad. I'd love to here a reasonable case, genuinely. Not being sarcastic we can talk about it.
Can I, can I…
2 TEs, crappy shotgun, TB on RT, draft Wynn, Sony, Harry, John Carroll, snow in Boston…

Please go twirl around some more and write another Sonnet.

If the Pats start Herron at LT in a key playoff game, this tells a lot in terms of how 70 year old BB is relying on crappy staff around him to make bad decisions. A harbinger of the total nose dive the organization will take when BB retires.

Can I, can I…
2 TEs, crappy shotgun, TB on RT, draft Wynn, Sony, Harry, John Carroll, snow in Boston…

Always love the opportunity to clarify. Happy to reply further if the below confuses you:

- OC has no clue how to use 2 pass catching TEs. Jonnu had 0 targets last game, only 1 target the game prior, and season production far below what the Titans did with him.

- OLine has been a mess especially when they started 2-4 and 0-4 at home being morons. Best OLine lineup is Trent Brown at LT and Onwenu at RT. If they start Herron at LT for this key playoff game, then fire the OLine coach and OC.

- NKeal Harry continues to suck, he is an epic 1st round bust, and 20+ WRs are better than him taken later in the draft. He keeps getting chances because of the idiotic offensive staff playing favorites.

- Eliot Wolf would be a huge loss. The 2021 draft was good because of Wolf. The Patriot drafts objectively SUCKED from 2013-2019.

- Also Godchaux and Bentley suck. Enough said. 270 rushing yards given up, 225 rushing yards given up, 195 rushing yards given up. Masters of accumulating tackle stats after giving up 1st downs.

You won’t hear it from me.

Always love the opportunity to clarify. Happy to reply further if the below confuses you:

- OC has no clue how to use 2 pass catching TEs. Jonnu had 0 targets last game, only 1 target the game prior, and season production far below what the Titans did with him.

- OLine has been a mess especially when they started 2-4 and 0-4 at home being morons. Best OLine lineup is Trent Brown at LT and Onwenu at RT. If they start Herron at LT for this key playoff game, then fire the OLine coach and OC.

- NKeal Harry continues to suck, he is an epic 1st round bust, and 20+ WRs are better than him taken later in the draft. He keeps getting chances because of the idiotic offensive staff playing favorites.

- Eliot Wolf would be a huge loss. The 2021 draft was good because of Wolf. The Patriot drafts objectively SUCKED from 2013-2019.

- Also Godchaux and Bentley suck. Enough said. 270 rushing yards given up, 225 rushing yards given up, 195 rushing yards given up. Masters of accumulating tackle stats after giving up 1st downs.

I'll write you another sonnet soon enough, Forrest. You did not answer my basic question nor clarify anything. Will you please answer the question? It's a simple one.

A. Is Belichick a figure head coach whose merry band of idiots have autonomy?

B. Or is Belichick a hands-on coach and thus the real idiot?

Do try not to evade the simple question and stay away from the usual schtick.

GODCHAUX...****...COKK...BENTLEY...TURD BREATH...JOSH...TIGHT ENDS...IDIOT...****K...BLIND HOMERS...

1. Maybe you right but we don’t have Gronk-Aaron and supporting cast on roster, don’t think Jonnu is receiving guy and Mac is not Brady. WHY BB IS QUIET

2. Agree for first few weeks was mess but after that OL was pretty good, can’t see major problems. I said before, I would like to see TB on LT but how you know that there is a no reason for their decision. Again, WHY BB IS QUIET

3. Harry is bust and everyone know that, but he is our 4th WR and even was scrapped last week, possibly again in Saturday, so we don’t have better 4th WR on roster except, if you ask me, Wilk. Especially in certain situations when we need blocker where is better then anyone. Hopefully next year will have better WR corp. Are you saying he was drafted by Josh and BB wanted someone else?

4. Again, you telling me that GM don’t get credit for good draft and blame for not that good. Bed draft is Caserio, Josh… good one Wolf. WHERE IS BB IN THIS STORY

5. They sucks like you said but can you give me better ones, you can get All Pro Team in 1 team. Again, this is Josh fault?

Generally speaking, BB is just puppet on this team

1. Maybe you right but we don’t have Gronk-Aaron and supporting cast on roster, don’t think Jonnu is receiving guy and Mac is not Brady. WHY BB IS QUIET

2. Agree for first few weeks was mess but after that OL was pretty good, can’t see major problems. I said before, I would like to see TB on LT but how you know that there is a no reason for their decision. Again, WHY BB IS QUIET

3. Harry is bust and everyone know that, but he is our 4th WR and even was scrapped last week, possibly again in Saturday, so we don’t have better 4th WR on roster except, if you ask me, Wilk. Especially in certain situations when we need blocker where is better then anyone. Hopefully next year will have better WR corp. Are you saying he was drafted by Josh and BB wanted someone else?

4. Again, you telling me that GM don’t get credit for good draft and blame for not that good. Bed draft is Caserio, Josh… good one Wolf. WHERE IS BB IN THIS STORY

5. They sucks like you said but can you give me better ones, you can get All Pro Team in 1 team. Again, this is Josh fault?

Generally speaking, BB is just puppet on this team

I hear you.

Let's see what they do with this OLine on Saturday night. If it's Herron at LT, then.... this offensive staff deserves all the crap it will get this weekend.

A. Is Belichick a figure head coach whose merry band of idiots have autonomy?

It's clear as day when you realize the Patriots spent a 1st round pick in 2006 on Laurence Maroney because his coach at Minnesota was Ben McDaniels (kid brother). And this happened over Patriot scout objections. This is all you need to know (do you deny it??)

So... to answer your question, BB has always listened to his staff, and the quality of his staff has influenced whether drafts (or season performance) were good or not.

Go back to not what you're good at, but clearly into, which is write another sonnet and go twirl around some more

Please go twirl around some more and write another Sonnet.

If the Pats start Herron at LT in a key playoff game, this tells a lot in terms of how 70 year old BB is relying on crappy staff around him to make bad decisions. A harbinger of the total nose dive the organization will take when BB retires.
Are you implying that poetry would make me flamboyant and dare I say, gay? Ya got me there, Timmy. Can't argue with that kind of wit.

I hear you.

Let's see what they do with this OLine on Saturday night. If it's Herron at LT, then.... this offensive staff deserves all the crap it will get this weekend.
What if they play Herron and he play good game and Pats win?

Last edited:
Are you implying that poetry would make me flamboyant and dare I say, gay? Ya got me there, Timmy. Can't argue with that kind of wit.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. But play players at their strengths. You seem into poetry that nobody gives a sh-t about. Do that more. Not necessarily a strength, but pretty much all you have to offer.

It's clear as day when you realize the Patriots spent a 1st round pick in 2006 on Laurence Maroney because his coach at Minnesota was Ben McDaniels (kid brother). And this happened over Patriot scout objections. This is all you need to know (do you deny it??)

So... to answer your question, BB has always listened to his staff, and the quality of his staff has influenced whether drafts (or season performance) were good or not.

Go back to not what you're good at, but clearly into, which is write another sonnet and go twirl around some more
Ok, Timmy. I'll concede I am gay. Somehow I'll recover from that brilliant slight.

So you concede that Belichick is an idiot?

Ok, Timmy. I'll concede I am gay. Somehow I'll recover from that brilliant slight.

So you concede that Belichick is an idiot?

I have consistently said BB is the goat, I want him to win another ring, and BB retiring will result in the Pats nose diving. But I know you have trouble understanding complexity. Like I said, go twirl some more and write another sonnet.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back