PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isaiah Wynn Not at Practice for Bills Playoff Game

Well, that is just like…your opinion, man….

I presume they know better, maybe nobody is better than Dante…but they ain’t playing favorites or pulling things outta their arse. They are doing what they believe is the best for the team and I got their back.
It’s a false equivalency. Brown played LT in 18 because Wynn tore his Achilles and Marcus Cannon is a career RT who had issues playing on the left side.
Scarnechia didn’t decide Brown was best at LT, he made the obvious choice that brown on the left and cannon on the right was a better combo.
Don’t buy the propaganda, false equivalencies and phony appeal to authority.

That's a lot of maybe's. Here's what's absolute - Trent Brown has been a superbowl winning LT, and in several other years has been an inconsistent right tackle.

Some here, and those on the mediocre offensive staff, think they know more than Scar who is the expert who put Brown at LT with great success.
They asked TB to play LT only because our drafted LT was injured, TB was whole nfl career RT, one of the best if not the best, and he was Pro Bowler on RT.

That's a lot of maybe's. Here's what's absolute - Trent Brown has been a superbowl winning LT, and in several other years has been an inconsistent right tackle.

Some here, and those on the mediocre offensive staff, think they know more than Scar who is the expert who put Brown at LT with great success.
They asked TB to play LT only because our drafted LT was injured, TB was whole nfl career RT, one of the best if not the best, and he was Pro Bowler on RT.

Link please? Trent Brown never made a pro bowl. He did win a superbowl as a left tackle. And he's been an inconsistent right tackle over many years.

My memory is not the best but I dont think Herron is a bad player. I do seem to remember both positive and negative game comments whenever he did play. If the coaches decides that he plays then that is it we will find out on Saturday.

Link please? Trent Brown never made a pro bowl. He did win a superbowl as a left tackle. And he's been an inconsistent right tackle over many years.
Brown made the pro bowl in 2019 playing RT

My memory is not the best but I dont think Herron is a bad player. I do seem to remember both positive and negative game comments whenever he did play. If the coaches decides that he plays then that is it we will find out on Saturday.
He played well in 2020 but had some struggles earlier this year. Neither was conclusive.

I thought Onwenu would be a great fit at LG before camp, but it was clear he did better at RT.
I can understand that the coaches don't want to mix up too much of what's been working, and maybe Brown isn't as comfortable at LT this year?? But it sure seems like a natural switch to put Brown at LT and Onwenu at RT. I don't want a hobbled Wynn at LT - that could put us a strip sack for TD behind real quick.

Maybe because we have and invest in young solid LT, maybe because he didn’t play LT from that SB and before that season was RT, maybe because was last 2 years more on IR then on field, maybe because was on IR for half of current season, maybe because of continuity and stability of OL…

Uhhh...what?

Karras has played well since he’s started. Onwenu was not playing very well when he was starting.
Long term I like onwenu but I think karras has earned the job this year.

Onwenu was a nice surprise last year but overly hyped.
This year he struggled. Karras has played well since he has been in there, he really did beat him out.

Wonderful.

Here's the real problem now, however:

Our mediocre starting LT is very likely not playing Saturday night... Our top 6 OLmen have now become our top 5... and there's a big, Big difference between our now 5th-best and the one who used to be our 7th-best...

The good news is, the dude who was our starting LT for our most recent championship is still in the building, as is the one who played RT for us last season at a starting-caliber-on-a-contender level;

The bad news is, our HC is going to insist that our new #6 dude, a physically & athletically unimpressive UDFA-caliber talent, become our new starting LT ahead of the aforementioned alternative, the only even semi-plausible reason being that he has a lot of college experience at LT & a little pro experience there too; and that Trent Brown has played starting-caliber RT since his return, so why mess with that?

Why? Because Michael Onwenu can provide close to the same level of performance at RT while Brown will almost certainly provide much, Much closer to the same level of performance at LT than Herron has any chance whatsoever of providing.

The talent gap is now too wide to ignore: There's NFW that Herron should be given more snaps than Any of the top 5 on Saturday night.

TBrown - Karras - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu is our best hope in Barfalo.

Last edited:
Wonderful.

Our mediocre starting LT is very likely not playing Saturday night... Our top 6 OLmen have now become our top 5... and there's a big, Big difference between our 5th-best and the one who used to be our 7th-best...

The good news is, the dude who was our starting LT for our most recent championship is still in the building, as is the one who played RT for us last season at a starting-caliber-on-a-contender level;

The bad news is, our HC is going to insist that our new #6 dude, a physically & athletically unimpressive UDFA-caliber talent, become our new starting LT ahead of the aforementioned alternative, the only even semi-plausible reason being that he has a lot of college experience at LT & a little pro experience there too; and that Trent Brown has played starting-caliber RT since his return, so why mess with that?

Why? Because Michael Onwenu can provide close to the same level of performance at RT while Brown will almost certainly provide much, Much closer to the same level of performance at LT than Herron has any chance whatsoever of providing.

The talent gap is now too wide to ignore: There's NFW that Herron should be given more snaps than Any of the top 5 on Saturday night.

Great post. Please come back to enjoying this team. You have been on this board way too long to behave like that other idiot.

I'd be more comfortable if Trent had a few qtrs of snaps at LT this year. He hasn't. He hasn't played a consistent amount of snaps LT in 3 years.

Moving Brown to LT sounds great but it's not a slam-dunk to be successful.

The question is BB open to the idea in making a switch of **** isn't going well.

Wonderful.

Our mediocre starting LT is very likely not playing Saturday night... Our top 6 OLmen have now become our top 5... and there's a big, Big difference between our 5th-best and the one who used to be our 7th-best...

You realize that either your assumptions are wrong or you are saying Bill Belichick is incapable of making a correct decision about players on his team that he has coached, reviewed film, graded their play, and seen on the practice field every day all year that is simple for you from no access to any of that to decide.

The alternative is to leave Brown where he is comfortable and put onwenu at LT. Regardless of what side you put them in Buffalo will flip their defenders to get the matchup they prefer.

But but but the #2 d-d-def-f-fence...
Being the #2 defense doesn’t mean everything is fine, it means you are the # 2 defense. Like, you know, a fact. Those things that are supposed to be used in conjunction with a bunch of other data to form an opinion, such as whether “everything is ok”

Wonderful.

First, finally good constructive readable post from you, well done.

Second, I will not call Wynn mediocre. He is definitely not in the top of the league but he is not even at the bottom of the basket. With all numbers he is somewhere in the middle of the all LTs in the league. Our problem is cause we had always best or one of the best LT but Brown from that 1 season, Solder or Light are not growing everywhere.

And third, I absolutely agree with you about movin TB to LT and I said that few times already but I’m only long time Pats forever fan and will accept that from my couch I can’t know better then GOAT coach who coach those players every day. Let’s trust him/them

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back