PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Herron (PFF's 6th Worst Pass Blocker in NFL) Set to Protect Mac Jones' Blind Side

Justin Herron (PFF's 4th Best Player in New England) Protected Mac Jones' Blind Side Better than Trent Brown Protected Mac Jones' Not Blind Side

Justin Herron (PFF's 4th Best Player in New England) Protected Mac Jones' Blind Side Better than Trent Brown Protected Mac Jones' Not Blind Side

Mac was running for his life most of the game and the Pats had 3 total offensive points going into the 4th quarter. Keep telling yourself the OLine was good.

How many times did we run the ball against the Bills in the playoff game? Twenty times!

So why did useless Harry dress over Wilkerson, who can at least make catches?

This offense is a run first, play action squad. When they fall behind early, they get all outta sorts.
You answered your own question. When you go down 14 points, you can't de-activate someone for someone else, right? Harry was there because they wanted to grind it out.

Josh Allen was having no part of that.

Turns out this thread was just arguing over if it was better to put additional deck chairs on the A deck or B deck promenade as the ship hurtled toward the iceburg.

I will be the first to admit my lack of knowledge but I did pay a lot of attention to Herron yesterday and I did not see any major screw ups , he did ok.
He was fine...actually played pretty well.

I don't think Brown was that bad last night...he had that one bad play where he gave up the sack but I think he was faked out by Mac spiking the ball.

You're right he wasn't, but I had been pimping him as our best OLman since he returned from his calf injury and sparked the winning streak, so I was a bit surprised & disappointed at even that one mis-step... I would still love to have him return, on a more incentive-based contract this time.

Herron was fine. I didn’t really notice him which usually means an Olineman is doing his job. The right side of the line faired much worse than the left with Herron.

He should stick as a backup LT and/or swing tackle. He’s young so he can improve his drive strength and technique in general.

Herron was fine. I didn’t really notice him which usually means an Olineman is doing his job. The right side of the line faired much worse than the left with Herron.

He should stick as a backup LT and/or swing tackle. He’s young so he can improve his drive strength and technique in general.

He spent Six years in college, so he's relatively not that young, and is Already maxed-out physically... He also has No business playing on the Right side; the dude is Strictly a Left-side, backup-caliber #8/9 UDFA talent... same as Billy we coulda drafted Trey Smith Sherman.

Last edited:
He spent Six years in college, so he's relatively not that young, and is Already maxed-out physically... He also has No business playing on the Right side; the dude is Strictly a Left-side, backup-caliber #8/9 UDFA talent... same as Billy my boy Sherman.

In no universe does it make sense to keep Michael Onwenu on the bench and start Herron at LT. They should move Trent Brown back to LT and permanently keep Michael Onwenu at RT. There is zero talent need at OT. It's a self inflicted moronic problem created by this mediocre offensive staff. Team does NOT need to draft an OT in the draft as some here are pushing for. Extend Trent Brown and plug him at LT. In the draft go defense: CB, ILB, and NT.

He spent Six years in college, so he's relatively not that young, and is Already maxed-out physically... He also has No business playing on the Right side; the dude is Strictly a Left-side, backup-caliber #8/9 UDFA talent... same as Billy we coulda drafted Trey Smith Sherman.
So let’s say he’s 25, maybe 26 years old…that’s hardly past the cut off for maxing out physically. He can certainly get stronger and improve his technique so we’ll just have to see if that happens. No one on this forum is in any kind of position to say if that will happen or not.

As far as what side of the line he can play on, I can get onboard with what you said. So far he has looked measurably better as a LT, but that’s not to say that he can’t improve his RT abilities. Only time will tell.

Like you, I don’t think he’ll ever be a world beater. But maybe there’s something there to make him a productive player. If not, he’ll be gone in a year or so.

Last edited:
I don't think Brown was that bad last night...he had that one bad play where he gave up the sack but I think he was faked out by Mac spiking the ball.
I believe he was our worst offensive linemen in that game , not looking at grades but he gave up also 4 pressures next to the sack just for information, not criticizing him , hope he is back

I believe he was our worst offensive linemen in that game , not looking at grades but he gave up also 4 pressures next to the sack just for information, not criticizing him , hope he is back

I deleted the game immediately after it ended, so I can't re-watch to confirm or deny my suspicions, but did it seem, this game more than others, that the left side was protecting ok enough but not providing any push, whereas the right side was providing good push but not protecting nearly as well?

I deleted the game immediately after it ended, so I can't re-watch to confirm or deny my suspicions, but did it seem, this game more than others, that the left side was protecting ok enough but not providing any push, whereas the right side was providing good push but not protecting nearly as well?
Pff did a game recap
Brown was the only linemen who allowed multiple pressures

It can be found on the Pff Homepage I can not post the link on my cell phone

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey