PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Herron (PFF's 6th Worst Pass Blocker in NFL) Set to Protect Mac Jones' Blind Side

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
article: "Starting LT Isaiah Wynn is also out, which does not bode well for the Patriots' passing attack. Justin Herron will take over, and he is PFF's sixth-worst graded pass-blocker this season."

-------

Reporters asked Trent Brown and he didn't practice left tackle since preseason, and Onwenu hasn't been getting work at right tackle this week. Onwenu remains the Patriots' highest rated OLineman including at right tackle for 2 seasons. But the Patriots intend to keep their best OLineman on the bench and go with Herron at left tackle.

Put Jonnu there to help. Since he is NON-EXISTENT in the passing game.....

Put Jonnu there to help. Since he is NON-EXISTENT in the passing game.....

I'm all for playing Jonnu more, they should be in 2TE more than half the time but they don't do this. Is it Jonnu's fault if he had 0 targets last game and only 1 target the week prior. Seems like he's not even considered by the play caller. Jonnu had 8 TDs on the Titans and still one of the best on the Pats in YAC when given opportunities....

I'm all for playing Jonnu more, they should be in 2TE more than half the time but they don't do this. Is it Jonnu's fault if he had 0 targets last game and only 1 target the week prior. Seems like he's not even considered by the play caller. Jonnu had 8 TDs on the Titans and still one of the best on the Pats in YAC when given opportunities....

You have to be "open" to get looks.....

This could cost us a lot, or end up being a non factor. Remember the Houston game, where some olinemen were injured, and the blocking ended up being good?

I think the real question is how the run blocking will be.

If the run blocking is bad... we're screwed.

Maybe more screens.
That will take heat off the blitzes...

This could cost us a lot, or end up being a non factor. Remember the Houston game, where some olinemen were injured, and the blocking ended up being good?

I think the real question is how the run blocking will be.

If the run blocking is bad... we're screwed.

Just curious, do you remember the OLine lineup for the Houston game?

Wynn getting injured (again) isn’t a shock. The timing is brutal, though.

In 394 snaps Herron had allowed 1 sack. That is perfectly acceptable for a backup LT.

He came in vs DAL after Wynn was getting torched by Gregory.

PFF grading system has always never been an exact science. Some fans are way too dependent on it because they don't watch the games and jump to conclusions.

Lazar graded him pretty well vs HOU for run and pass blocking

I'm sure they'll help him a little but the sky is hardly falling.

In 394 snaps Herron had allowed 1 sack. That is perfectly acceptable for a backup LT.

He came in vs DAL after Wynn was getting torched by Gregory.

PFF grading system has always never been an exact science. Some fans are way too dependent on it because they don't watch the games and jump to conclusions.

Lazar graded him pretty well vs HOU for run and pass blocking

I'm sure they'll help him a little but the sky is hardly falling.
Not exactly a good comp, though. Houston is trash. The Bills’ defensive front is a different animal.

article: "Starting LT Isaiah Wynn is also out, which does not bode well for the Patriots' passing attack. Justin Herron will take over, and he is PFF's sixth-worst graded pass-blocker this season."

-------

Reporters asked Trent Brown and he didn't practice left tackle since preseason, and Onwenu hasn't been getting work at right tackle this week. Onwenu remains the Patriots' highest rated OLineman including at right tackle for 2 seasons. But the Patriots intend to keep their best OLineman on the bench and go with Herron at left tackle.

Where does it say the patriots said Herron will play LT?
What you have is fantasy football writer saying that is what he thinks with no legitimate report being referenced.

6 degrees tonight…Probably gonna be in the overload 6 man OL a ton tonight.

Just get him some help. Hope the other guys all hold up. Throw screens right behind the guys rushing off the edge. There are ways to counter pressure.

Not exactly a good comp, though. Houston is trash. The Bills’ defensive front is a different animal.
...which we pretty much have dominated in the running game.

Point is there is enough of a body of work to say he does not suck. Hes a capable backup. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Like I said he'll get some help vs Rousseau, Addison, etc. but I fully expect mostly short, quick passes and not these 7 step drops so it shouldn't be an issue.

Yes when a guy can’t get open it is his fault he doesn’t get the ball thrown to him.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back