PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Herron (PFF's 6th Worst Pass Blocker in NFL) Set to Protect Mac Jones' Blind Side

Herron's our starting LT tonight, book it.

He might not finish the game because he sucks, but he absolutely will be starting it.
Based upon what? Did bb call you?

Pats will be lining up 7 OL anyway so why get all jittery about who gets the "LT" nod
Besides, #1 blocker Harry's going to blind side a few DEs to get the trench party started.

War Fight GIF by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab
Cam Newton Football GIF by New England Patriots

I am flummoxed over what happened to Onwenu? He was best lineman or close to it last year, and now he's behind Herron. Is he hurt? Did he regress? Or was he just a PFF wonder last year?

No good reason why Onwenu their best lineman hasn't started 9 wks

PFF player grades are worthless.

PFF grades exist to justify someone's pre-conceived notions, and ignored otherwise. And this isn't to call out anyone in particular, this is done by just about everyone who references the site at all. Quantifying football is hard (if not impossible on a pure level).

Yep, especially when they disagree with you.

No he is not their best lineman.

Trent Brown has been their best OLman this season, though he also had nearly a half-season more rest than the others...

Upon reflection, that might've been a good time to re-introduce him to LT while he was rehabbing...you know, just in case or something...

But Herron played both tackle positions last year -- not like he is a pure left tackle. Why not put Onwenu at left tackle? (I'm just curious -- I don't think I'm "right")

The logical stratagem would've been to have had Trent Brown ready to return to his Championship-caliber position of LT while returning Onwenu full-time to his starting-caliber position of RT... Would've caused the Least disruption too.

Based upon what? Did bb call you?

Hey believe me I hope you're right and that Brown starts at LT and Onwenu at RT... But this isn't how Bill operates, thus my sad confidence that Herron will start there tonight.

Yep, especially when they disagree with you.
Everyone but the clinically depressed here disagree with you regularly, mostly because you're so wrong all the time.

PFF player grades are a joke.

Mike Lombardi relayed a story on GM Shuffle about the time he was working in player personnel and the team showed interest in PFF's services, so they brought one of PFF's head analysts in to break down film and get an idea about what it consisted of. He said the bookworm they sent in couldn't differentiate between zone coverage and man, that he didn't understand basic coaching concepts like "leverage" or who was responsible for who in zone coverage. He said the coaches in the room gave each other the side eye and laughed about it after the guy left.

NFL teams only use PFF to determine which personnel groupings are on the field because in the old days every team had their own guys do it and it was time consuming. Now they use PFF for this because they've outsourced the drudgery.

Having some nerd who has never coached or played football breakdown film to tell us who is good is worthless. PFF player grades are a joke.

Well. First, at least the replacement is likely to have fewer bad penalties and brain-freeze screwups than the usual Wynn complement. Second, yep, as Herren's deficiencies are most troubling in the pass protection area, we can even more safely than before the news predict that the Pats will run a lot. Third, they probably can't get enough out of the running game to compete with the Bills. Fourth, it has been a great season, a remarkable turnaround, but it's over. Hey Mac, take a d----d break, will ya? You look like you've been drug through a knot hole.

Everyone but the clinically depressed here disagree with you regularly, mostly because you're so wrong all the time.

PFF player grades are a joke.

Mike Lombardi relayed a story on GM Shuffle about the time he was working in player personnel and the team showed interest in PFF's services, so they brought one of PFF's head analysts in to break down film and get an idea about what it consisted of. He said the bookworm they sent in couldn't differentiate between zone coverage and man, that he didn't understand basic coaching concepts like "leverage" or who was responsible for who in zone coverage. He said the coaches in the room gave each other the side eye and laughed about it after the guy left.

NFL teams only use PFF to determine which personnel groupings are on the field because in the old days every team had their own guys do it and it was time consuming. Now they use PFF for this because they've outsourced the drudgery.

Having some nerd who has never coached or played football breakdown film to tell us who is good is worthless. PFF player grades are a joke.

Oh goody, another p-----g contest. Who's ahead so far?

F@cking Elliot Wolf, I can’t believe he made Belichick start Herron at LT.
I had BB over for martinis last week and he told me Eliot Wolf pounded the table for him to take Herron so he took him.

Hey believe me I hope you're right and that Brown starts at LT and Onwenu at RT... But this isn't how Bill operates, thus my sad confidence that Herron will start there tonight.
Just pointing out you throw this stuff out there like it’s real when you are just guessing.
Onwenu at LT is another possibility.
BB knows what he’s doing.

Just pointing out you throw this stuff out there like it’s real when you are just guessing.
Onwenu at LT is another possibility.
BB knows what he’s doing.

BB does. Rest of his staff, not so much. Bricillo isn't a NFL caliber coach not to mention others

BB does. Rest of his staff, not so much. Bricillo isn't a NFL caliber coach not to mention others
Bb hired him. BB says your opinion is crap.
Bb does not let assistant coaches make lineup decisions that he disagrees with. Whoever plays LT is playing with BBs blessing.

Derp

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back