PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Intersting Bills stat..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So blind to the fact that the result is the direct byproduct of his head-scratching decision. I live in Bills country (parents moved from Boston to western NY for work reasons in my teens), and everyone I know was livid about this change even before the five-interception first half. Indefensible coaching decisions, really.

. . . but this is all a distraction from the absurd OP. I just wanted to pile on.

Tyrod Taylor has the lowest interception rate in NFL history (at least 1000 attempts).

Taylor's never thrown more than 6 INTs in a season. Peterman went 6 for 14, with 5 INTs, in one half.

rofl.gif

did they even have offensive meetings this past week? or is Peterman just a puny peckered moron?

Richard Sherman weighs in:

So they bench my guy @TyrodTaylor and the guy they bring in has already thrown 2picks with 10mins left in the 1st. Great decision

Wonder what they are gonna say after this game about @TyrodTaylor .... one bad game and he’s benched. Do you cut the new guy after this half?

I love the NFL. Very difficult to hide bad decisions especially regarding personnel. The fire of the NFL exposes all.

So blind to the fact that the result is the direct byproduct of his head-scratching decision. I live in Bills country (parents moved from Boston to western NY for work reasons in my teens), and everyone I know was livid about this change even before the five-interception first half. Indefensible coaching decisions, really.

. . . but this is all a distraction from the absurd OP. I just wanted to pile on.

"I live in Bills country (parents moved from Boston to western NY for work reasons in my teens), and everyone I know was livid about this change"

Livid? JHFC talk about bottom of the barrel expectations. Last week the Bills had about 170 yards of total offense after 50 minutes against the putrid Jets. The previous week I think Taylor had like 50 yards of passing after a full half+? The week before that he had like 155 yards passing. The passing game has been putrid. Bills fans are livid for benching that kind of production?

I agree 100% that this was a risky move to go with an unproven, completely inexperienced rookie given the Bills were still in the hunt for a playoff spot. And the Bills tanking is much bigger than Taylor. But fans are livid for going with something different given how awful the passing game has been is kinda funny.

Wrong: "McDermott about starting Peterman: “I don’t regret my decision. I regret the result...This is in part about winning now and in part about winning in the future""

Right: "McDermott about starting Peterman: "My decision is about trying to get the most production out of the passing offense and winning the next game. I will always start the players that I believe gives us the best chance to win the next game"

In the midst of a playoff hunt where you are tanking but clearly not yet out of it, and you are talking about making a move for the future? LOL, ouch...

Doug Farrar on Twitter:

“Bills are running a ton of straight four-man fronts. No stunts, no games, very little if any gap versatility. Maybe throw in a few Bear fronts or hybrid concepts? Getting killed vs. run with one-gap attack concepts. On skates far too often.”

Yeah, but they sure are playing faster. :)

In 2016, the Bills gave up 23.6 ppg. This year, at the quarter mark of the season, without Gilmore, the Bills are giving up an average of 13.5 ppg. That's even after facing one of the best offenses in the NFL last week.

Gilmore and wasting a pick in a trade for Allen are two of Bill's worst moves ever. What I don't understand, is that all the issues Gilmore has (incredibly low football IQ, lack of discipline, laziness, etc) and Bills fans complained about are on film. How do you commit that sort of money to a guy and not conduct thorough research on him? Mind blowing. Red Sox like approach to a free agent. This is Adalius Thomas all over again. As good as Bill is at evaluating his own players, he is equally bad at evaluating high priced free agents. Revis being the exception.

Were you gonna give us an update on those stats, buddy? :)

In 2016, the Bills gave up 23.6 ppg. This year, at the quarter mark of the season, without Gilmore, the Bills are giving up an average of 13.5 ppg. That's even after facing one of the best offenses in the NFL last week.

Gilmore and wasting a pick in a trade for Allen are two of Bill's worst moves ever. What I don't understand, is that all the issues Gilmore has (incredibly low football IQ, lack of discipline, laziness, etc) and Bills fans complained about are on film. How do you commit that sort of money to a guy and not conduct thorough research on him? Mind blowing. Red Sox like approach to a free agent. This is Adalius Thomas all over again. As good as Bill is at evaluating his own players, he is equally bad at evaluating high priced free agents. Revis being the exception.

The Patriots have given up 75 Points in 6 Games since you opened this thread with this hilarious post. That's 12.5/Game. Has any Defense given up less? :)

Year after Year, jamokes continue to fail to grasp the obvious: Coach Bill the Mad (Genius) takes his Team through the gears over the course of the 17-22 week season, using September in particular as a Science Laboratory, experimenting with schematics and personnel. Consequently, the Patriots often look very average in September, before incrementally developing into a devastating machine by December as our Players gradually develop their mastery of instinctively implementing his schemes...

And yet, year after year, Fools dump in their drawers, prematurely proclaiming Armageddon and squealing that Coach Bill screwed up!!

And I love it. :D

101 points against in the last two games. Holy smokes.
Outscored 132-55 their last 3 games, 38 of those 55 points came in complete and utter garbage time.

Livid? JHFC talk about bottom of the barrel expectations. Last week the Bills had about 170 yards of total offense after 50 minutes against the putrid Jets. The previous week I think Taylor had like 50 yards of passing after a full half+? The week before that he had like 155 yards passing. The passing game has been putrid. Bills fans are livid for benching that kind of production?

I agree 100% that this was a risky move to go with an unproven, completely inexperienced rookie given the Bills were still in the hunt for a playoff spot. And the Bills tanking is much bigger than Taylor. But fans are livid for going with something different given how awful the passing game has been is kinda funny.

Risk averse QB
+
Run oriented team
+
Lousy WR corps that doesn't get much separation
+
Lousy TE corps (Clay was out for several weeks)
=
Struggling offense

Not ready for prime time rookie QB
+
Run oriented team
+
Lousy WR corps
+
=
Disaster of epic proportions

Risk averse QB
+
Run oriented team
+
Lousy WR corps that doesn't get much separation
+
=
Struggling offense

Not ready for prime time rookie QB
+
Run oriented team
+
Lousy WR corps
+
=
Disaster of epic proportions

Everything you listed may be correct and maybe it was poor decision making. I don't follow the Bills enough to know or disagree. And I thought it was a risky choice to change as well as go with such a raw and inexperienced QB. However, if the plan is to try and get a WC spot then something needs to change on the Bills. Obviously they can't remake the team until the offseason. And with the D being porous, unless their running game becomes crazy successful to go with the modest number of short passes, they can't win with that formula.
So even if risky, trying to get more production from the passing game is understandable even if that risky.

A couple of other points:
-the HC saying the move is also for the future was unwise for a franchise without a playoff birth in a century.
-I doubt the fans would be livid based on what you listed -- unless their fans are the smartest in the NFL. Most fans are generally unaware of finer points, they just know if their team sucks, which they sucked bad yesterday, they sucked last weekend, they sucked the weekend before -- among the suckiest in the NFL over the last 3 weeks. Not sure why their would be immeasurable outrage for making any change at this point -- just immeasurable outrage over the results of the change. That's how fans work...:)

However, if the plan is to try and get a WC spot then something needs to change on the Bills. Obviously they can't remake the team until the offseason. And with the D being porous, unless their running game becomes crazy successful to go with the modest number of short passes, they can't win with that formula.

If memory serves, they were a playoff team coming into this week. A team that hasn't made the playoffs since before Brady came into the league effectively threw in the towel when they were still a playoff team.

"I live in Bills country (parents moved from Boston to western NY for work reasons in my teens), and everyone I know was livid about this change"

You're not wrong about the need for more production in the passing game. The anger stems from feeling like the coaches/GM gave up mid-year. Technically, the Bills had the final wildcard spot, so making this change is a tacit admission that the season was lost already. We know that was bound to happen, but Bill's fans were still holding out hope.

This is about emotional reaction, not analysis.

Points allowed the last six games (weeks#5-11 approximately based on variable bye weeks)

Jax 67
NE 75
LA Rams 81
Balt 91
PHL 96
Minn 96
LA Chargers 103
Seattle 106
Pitt 106
Car 110
Atl 113
Tenn 113
Chi 117
NO 118
NYJ 130
Cinn 132
KC 143
Indy 144
Dallas 145
TB 145
GB 146
NYG 152
Clev 152
Ariz 163
Det 164
SF 166
Oak 168
Hou 174
Wash 177
Den 185
Mia 187
Buf 196

If you want another example of why the Bills are the Bills, look to the Dareus trade that's destroyed the team's run defense.

Gilmore and wasting a pick in a trade for Allen are two of Bill's worst moves ever.

Yup....I would say there's always next season. But I'd be shocked if the Patriots ever make it to the playoffs again...... Nope. never again. These moves have killed them. Horrible. Most horrible ever. :confused: As a matter of fact, I'll be the first to say it. Bill Belichick is a silly goose. Yeah, that's right...the most silliest goose ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots