PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Intersting Bills stat..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafoe2016

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
In 2016, the Bills gave up 23.6 ppg. This year, at the quarter mark of the season, without Gilmore, the Bills are giving up an average of 13.5 ppg. That's even after facing one of the best offenses in the NFL last week.

Gilmore and wasting a pick in a trade for Allen are two of Bill's worst moves ever. What I don't understand, is that all the issues Gilmore has (incredibly low football IQ, lack of discipline, laziness, etc) and Bills fans complained about are on film. How do you commit that sort of money to a guy and not conduct thorough research on him? Mind blowing. Red Sox like approach to a free agent. This is Adalius Thomas all over again. As good as Bill is at evaluating his own players, he is equally bad at evaluating high priced free agents. Revis being the exception.

Gilmore played well during camp but has been terrible during the season. He could be one of those guys that can’t adjust to the Patriots style of changing the plan from week to week. If that’s the case, he will be a bust in New England.

However, it’s not just Gilmore. McCourty, Chung, Butler, Rowe and Harmon have all struggled this season.

I love the use of additional adjectives to further emphasis a subjective hawt take.

"Lazy " ?? The dude plays hard.

"There's film of Gilmore doing the same thing last year " ??

There's a video clip of one play that I've seen which was the Hogan TD. That's it.

"Low football IQ" The guy is playing in the same system the rest of the pro bowl level play blowing secondary is.

It's week 4.

They'll figure it out.

In 2016, the Bills gave up 23.6 ppg. This year, at the quarter mark of the season, without Gilmore, the Bills are giving up an average of 13.5 ppg. That's even after facing one of the best offenses in the NFL last week.

Gilmore and wasting a pick in a trade for Allen are two of Bill's worst moves ever. What I don't understand, is that all the issues Gilmore has (incredibly low football IQ, lack of discipline, laziness, etc) and Bills fans complained about are on film. How do you commit that sort of money to a guy and not conduct thorough research on him? Mind blowing. Red Sox like approach to a free agent. This is Adalius Thomas all over again. As good as Bill is at evaluating his own players, he is equally bad at evaluating high priced free agents. Revis being the exception.
Right because ppg after 4 weeks is the primary goal of a team and gilmore is the only change. They didn't dramatically improve the coaching staff, change schemes, etc.

I guess we need to have bills fans take over the decision making around here and Fire belichick because he should know never to trust his evaluation if bills fans disagree.

But wait. Didn't you spend all last season saying points allowed doesn't matter?

Bills look good. 2 quality wins against playoff teams. Pats not so much so far.

Lol all pats fans thought bills were tanking the season for a QB, and we were going for 16-0

The NFL is funny

I'll give it more then 4 games to proclaim him a bust, especially since the whole defence has played like a dumpster fire.

If there's one thing I've learned over the last 17 years is that it's more likely Bill gets this figured out then not. We're not the Browns.

Gilmore was highly thought of in Buffalo. If you believe anything Bills fans are telling you right now, you're stupid. These guys live to hate New England. Their whole reason for life. I live in Buffalo. I've heard enough of what people really thought of Gilmore to know this. Whether he figures it out or not is another story.

Did you really think (I mean seriously really) think BB and his other coaches didn't do their homework on Gilmore and Allen?

It's too early to tell if they're busts.

So Gilmore is going to get smarter? That's not how it works. As far a not doing their homework, it's either that, or an unimaginable level of arrogance and he actually thinks he can fix laziness and stupidity.

I swear you could claim that the sun is hot and there would be people on this forum ready to argue with you.

Right because ppg after 4 weeks is the primary goal of a team and gilmore is the only change. They didn't dramatically improve the coaching staff, change schemes, etc.

I guess we need to have bills fans take over the decision making around here and Fire belichick because he should know never to trust his evaluation if bills fans disagree.

But wait. Didn't you spend all last season saying points allowed doesn't matter?

I didn't make any those claims. Just pointed out a stat. The team is better without Gilmore and our team is worse with him. Those are the only two claims I made. You do a great job of arguing against strawmen though.

And, no, I did not spend all of last year saying points allowed does not matter. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I wasn't even here all year last year. You've got the wrong poster. You are clearly very confused.

Lol all pats fans thought bills were tanking the season for a QB, and we were going for 16-0

The NFL is funny

Speak for yourself I didn't think either thing.

Personally, I don't think they win the division. I do think they are a wild card threat though. Tyrod could be an elite QB. Coacing is improved.

Gilmore and wasting a pick in a trade for Allen are two of Bill's worst moves ever. What I don't understand, is that all the issues Gilmore has (incredibly low football IQ, lack of discipline, laziness, etc) and Bills fans complained about are on film. How do you commit that sort of money to a guy and not conduct thorough research on him? Mind blowing. Red Sox like approach to a free agent.

...and despite what Bills fans say Gilmore played at an All-Pro level in 2015 and most of 2016.

Its a 1/4 in the season. To say the Bills truly have an elite defense without Gilmore is premature.

Dont look now but the Red Sox won the division ...again.

This is Adalius Thomas all over again. As good as Bill is at evaluating his own players, he is equally bad at evaluating high priced free agents. Revis being the exception.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Was Rosey Colvin a bust? What do you consider a high-priced FA?

Pats got a solid 1.5 years out of Thomas. He was cooked and disinterested in 2009. It was $24m total in the 3 years he was here. Certainly a lot but not an epic fail like you say he was. The guy played out of position most of 07 and some of 08.

Despite all of Bill's flaws he has won more games than anyone the last 16 years and been to 7 Super Bowls.

I can't quite understand how they're doing it with their lack of receiving weapons, and all they lost of defense. Maybe Rex was that bad and held them back?
Bills look good. 2 quality wins against playoff teams. Pats not so much so far.

I can't quite understand how they're doing it with their lack of receiving weapons, and all they lost of defense. Maybe Rex was that bad and held them back?

They are #2 in takeaways/giveaways

Gilmore played well during camp but has been terrible during the season. He could be one of those guys that can’t adjust to the Patriots style of changing the plan from week to week. If that’s the case, he will be a bust in New England.

However, it’s not just Gilmore. McCourty, Chung, Butler, Rowe and Harmon have all struggled this season.
BINGO!

I watched the Bills Falcons game. Matty Ice melted all over himself. Two interceptions and a fumble that went back for a TD. His fumble was similar to the Hightower strip in the SB.

Taylor couldn't hit a deep receiver all game except he somehow threw a couple of dimes to Clay. Anyway the Bills Defense is solid but their offense is basically a bunch of runs, screens, misdirections etc. It's effective but it's not high powered or anything.

thats the thing about clockwork, one bad gear and the whole thing stops working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News