PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Intersting Bills stat..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmore is getting a lot of the blame but Butler has over the course of the season been worse. Gilmore between the penalties and a few plays where the confusion was amplified has become the lightning rod. I think this will be a game like Cincinnati last year where they rally and turn the corner, pun not intended until I read it.

They didn't play Cincy last year.

Also, if it's the game I think you're thinking of, the Pats had a full week to prepare for the Cincy game. Not three days like this one. If any changes are coming it will be in the 10 days between the TB game and the Jets game.

i don't care i can't stand it. it being how ****ing little time you guys are willing to give someone in this system before rushing to be the first one to call him a bust and a bad move.

We know this level of success won't go on for forever but I swear some of you seem to almost get excited about it. ****s.

In 2016, the Bills gave up 23.6 ppg. This year, at the quarter mark of the season, without Gilmore, the Bills are giving up an average of 13.5 ppg. That's even after facing one of the best offenses in the NFL last week.

Gilmore and wasting a pick in a trade for Allen are two of Bill's worst moves ever. What I don't understand, is that all the issues Gilmore has (incredibly low football IQ, lack of discipline, laziness, etc) and Bills fans complained about are on film. How do you commit that sort of money to a guy and not conduct thorough research on him? Mind blowing. Red Sox like approach to a free agent. This is Adalius Thomas all over again. As good as Bill is at evaluating his own players, he is equally bad at evaluating high priced free agents. Revis being the exception.

Really?

Hey Kenny Britt is no longer with the Rams and now their offense is clicking. It's all because of him, right? Britt being gone is why Gurley is back to his rookie form and Goff has developed. I mean the rest of the team's personnel and coaching staff is exactly the same from last season, right?

As a matter of fact, the Pats went 11-5 with Matt Cassel in 2008, Bill traded him, then we fall to 10-6 with Brady the following year. Seems like Belichick's awful GM decisions began way back then.

I'm sure Bills fans are just like Pats fans and all other football fans in that.........

They love a guy until he leaves the team......then all of a sudden fans convince themselves that the player wasn't so great and over-exaggerate any flaws to make them feel better about themselves.

If Bills fans were doing this about Gillmore it would NOT shock me......it's the human nature of being a football fan.

Also, if it's the game I think you're thinking of, the Pats had a full week to prepare for the Cincy game. Not three days like this one. If any changes are coming it will be in the 10 days between the TB game and the Jets game.

Yes I meant 2014. I think the DBs collectively will make it a point of emphasis this week to get the communication down. That's not a schematic change. It's getting your job down pat. I think there will be even less of a tendency to freelance this week.

I'm not sure why you think changes can't be made for this game. They have to game plan. That's where most changes come in. They have reviewed film and addressed issues. Personell changes are an ongoing process that even happens within games.
Remember a game plan includes pieces of the play book that are already installed. It's not like they start from scratch and teach a new defense every week.

I don't like the bills but they have some impressive wins early. It remains to be seen if it holds up. Our team needs to start playing well in all facets of the game.

Yes I meant 2014. I think the DBs collectively will make it a point of emphasis this week to get the communication down. That's not a schematic change. It's getting your job down pat. I think there will be even less of a tendency to freelance this week.
The communication thing depends upon where the issue is.
Communication issues are:
1) "audible" of changing coverage based upon the alignment of the offense.
Is the communication issue that everyone isn't making the same sight adjustment or is there a call being made and some players are getting the word?
2) how to handle motion. There are verbal and hand signals that are used to communicate basically who has who and what changes if shift or motion changes the formation.
3) bunch formations. There are different ways to defend bunch formations. My understanding is that this is communicated at the los.

Additionally there can be 2 forms of communication problems. The person making the call could make the wrong one or what more likely seems to be happening every player isn't getting the call communicated to them.

If you look at the broken plays it's obvious that theee are 2 causes. 1 is a player or players playing a different coverage than the rest (McCourty playing cover 4 instead of cover2 on the hill TD and whoever had backside in Whitaker doing something else) or 2, two different player playing man in the same guy leaving one uncovered.

So it's either a misunderstanding of the call or a bad job getting a change communicated to everyone.
Neither seem to be a very difficult fix.

They haven't fixed it in training camp or the four regular season games. When does it get fixed? This week? The end of the month?

In 2016, the Bills gave up 23.6 ppg. This year, at the quarter mark of the season, without Gilmore, the Bills are giving up an average of 13.5 ppg. That's even after facing one of the best offenses in the NFL last week.

Gilmore and wasting a pick in a trade for Allen are two of Bill's worst moves ever. What I don't understand, is that all the issues Gilmore has (incredibly low football IQ, lack of discipline, laziness, etc) and Bills fans complained about are on film. How do you commit that sort of money to a guy and not conduct thorough research on him? Mind blowing. Red Sox like approach to a free agent. This is Adalius Thomas all over again. As good as Bill is at evaluating his own players, he is equally bad at evaluating high priced free agents. Revis being the exception.
There was nothing wrong with Bill's evaluation of Thomas for the first year and a half of his tenure. Until he got hurt and never fully recovered.

1) "audible" of changing coverage based upon the alignment of the offense.

If you look at the broken plays it's obvious that theee are 2 causes. 1 is a player or players playing a different coverage than the rest (McCourty playing cover 4 instead of cover2 on the hill TD and whoever had backside in Whitaker doing something else) or 2, two different player playing man in the same guy leaving one uncovered.

So it's either a misunderstanding of the call or a bad job getting a change communicated to everyone.

I more or less agree but on Sunday and against KC we saw a lot of this formula where guys were simply running free because different players were playing different defenses. For Gilmore I think he's used to being told in Buffalo go man on up this receiver. So he has more of an excuse while he learns. Rowe it's year two so a little less so. Butler and McCourty shouldn't be making those mistakes.

Gilmore played well during camp but has been terrible during the season. He could be one of those guys that can’t adjust to the Patriots style of changing the plan from week to week. If that’s the case, he will be a bust in New England.

However, it’s not just Gilmore. McCourty, Chung, Butler, Rowe and Harmon have all struggled this season.
He couldn't adjust to the Bill's style of playing. The writing was on the wall last October in Buffalo.He didn't take the wonderlic....weird.

This is definitely a head-scratcher. Hoping it turns out to be one of those Brilliant Bill moves, and not another Ras I Dowling type move where we were all like "WTF is he thinking?" and we were all correct.

What did Bill see? Here's an old analysis let's hope it's right.
What did Patriots see in Stephon Gilmore to offer such a rich contract?

Preston Brown: Defensive is simpler under new coaching staff

"We don't like to compare that much with last year, but we know it's a lot simpler," Brown said. "You can see it out there. Guys are having fun. With the 4-3 scheme, we're back to where we are my rookie year. Guys are having fun and just playing fast."

Preston Brown: Bills' D 'simpler' under McDermott

2014 was Preston Brown's rookie year which was under Jim Schwartz which was Gilmore's best year.

But ya it's all because of Gilmore, troll.

Preston Brown: Defensive is simpler under new coaching staff

"We don't like to compare that much with last year, but we know it's a lot simpler," Brown said. "You can see it out there. Guys are having fun. With the 4-3 scheme, we're back to where we are my rookie year. Guys are having fun and just playing fast."

Preston Brown: Bills' D 'simpler' under McDermott

2014 was Preston Brown's rookie year which was under Jim Schwartz which was Gilmore's best year.

But ya it's all because of Gilmore, moron.
Not to mention all 4 starters in the secondary are different. But who cares about facts?

Pats with Gilmore 20 points (13 through 55 minutes) allowed to the Saints in NO

Bills at home without Gilmore 37 points allowed to the Saints in 3 quarters

Doug Farrar on Twitter:

“Bills are running a ton of straight four-man fronts. No stunts, no games, very little if any gap versatility. Maybe throw in a few Bear fronts or hybrid concepts? Getting killed vs. run with one-gap attack concepts. On skates far too often.”

It's like somebody swapped defenses after week 4. Bills week #1-4 defense allowed 13.5 ppg then they've allowed 28.2 ppg in weeks 5- now. Pats allowed 32 ppg in weeks #1-4 and roughly 13 ppg since...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft