PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephon Gilmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn’t he be getting as much participation in practice as possible at this point?

If he's not going to get much snaps Thu then the short week is not the time to fix his problems. Focus is on winning on Thu. Maybe after that the long week they'll try and address the Gilmore problem.

I wonder if McCourty might be better suited at SS now. Cover te's and still a good tackler vs run and could play him closer to the LOS. Would allow us to get faster in back end with a younger and quicker FS.
Huh? McCourty is still one of the fastest players in the league playing the FS position. :confused:

We could have drafted FS Landon Collins at 32 in 2015 but we liked Malcolm Brown better. Collins has turned out the much better player

In hindsight yes but go back to spring 2015. Our safeties were the same as they are now (mccourty and Chung) both entering their prime and we had drafted Harmon a year earlier. Our DT depth was not as set as wilfork was past his prime and behind him Easley and siliga. I can’t blame the pats for going on need at that time.

Where is the awareness from Gilmore on this play? Scary.

Last edited:

I'm not sure how people can blame Eric Rowe on this play? Add Baldinger, Hannable, Borges, and Daniels (who claims that opposing QBs have a 127.6 rating when targeting Gilmore) to the list of members who have diagnosed plays and pointed out Gilmore's mistakes through the first 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Whoever this Gilmore fellow is they should give him a shot at covering some of the #1 & #2 WRs on the opposing teams...they've been running wide open like totally uncovered for weeks!

Whoever this Gilmore fellow is they should give him a shot at covering some of the #1 & #2 WRs on the opposing teams...they've been running wide open like totally uncovered for weeks!

;):):D

Someone has not been in the rewatch thread. That is literally the first disected scene and explained scene in there.

Spoiler alert the play was already doomed presnap. Before the play started Gilmore was asking Butler to position himself a few yards deeper and missed a hand sign from Rowe who turned around exactly at that moment to let Gilmore know who in the bunch he is taking.

I think you guys are missing the main point:

Clearly Logan Ryan was the genius glue holding this secondary together

I think you guys are missing the main point:

Clearly Logan Ryan was the genius glue holding this secondary together
I can't believe that, how would we not of accounted for that if that were true.
I think it's just a rough patch no way Logan got the entire defense in order.

I can't believe that, how would we not of accounted for that if that were true.
I think it's just a rough patch no way Logan got the entire defense in order.
With Logan Ryan -> 1st place in points
Without Logan Ryan -> 32nd place in points

MY LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE.

It looks like Rowe blew this because he is pointing Benjamin.

MY LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE.
According to the media, Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins were actually the glue. Lol

MY LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE.

The Titans just gave up 5 TDs to Watson and the Texans.

Credit where credit is due. Overall defense played much better and secondary was the strength. Still lacking in pass rush. I don't like they played so soft in 4th Q but that was clearly the scheme being called to run time and protect lead.

And while we'll get more clarity from full breakdown, there were no obvious blunders from Gilmore. Clearly being assigned just 1 guy for the whole game (who Gilmore claims to have studied every route/snap for last 2 years in these 3 days) allowed Gilmore to shine. I think we might see more pure man coverage assignments for Gilmore and not ask him to adjust much although he may improve. To be fair it's not miles apart from his assignment against Carolina and he got troubled by the WR stacks/bunches and Tampa Bay didn't run much/any but Gilmore can only go up against what the offense does and he responded well.

It was also really nice to see everyone backing Gilmore up in the post-game interviews. Shows it is a tight unit and they like and respect each other and will back them up.

Frankly I am feeling much more positive about this work-in-progress defense. Now Branch and front 7 remain an issue but secondary was already vastly improved with lots of room to build further.

Kudos to Gilmore for a strong bounce back and not getting bogged down with the criticism. I like him more already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST