PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gunner to IR (to make room for Wynn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bb

please bring back brown! He is a beast and we need him badly!!!!

Dorsett is the only UFA.

I want him back but it's a numbers game... You have Harry Edelman Myers Dorsett and Sanu... Statuses if their contracts?

I love gunners attitude And effort... He will be in camp but can he break through? Hope he makes jump over the off season as a we.

Sanu returns punts, is he a WR4/5?
Why would DT be a 4/5: JE, MS, DT, PD, Harry, Myers.

Also, Gunner's release is to bring back Wynn. Does that mean Wynn will be returning punts? Could've kept DT and stuffed Gunner on PS way back then. Mistakes were made, clearly.

No, Gunner would not have made the PS then. Also, DT was still recovering at the time and behind AB, Gordon, Edelman and Dorsett. No special teams means he wasn't expected to be active even after returning to health. On top of that, Harry was still in the picture, making DT even more of a luxury item.

In retrospect he would have been useful, but you should at least make sure your lament is based on reality at the time of his departure.

...The problem isn't the signing. The problem is the cutting.
Problem #1 was the signing to a contract under the specific terms that Bill hastily, sloppily and foolishly included.

Problem #2 was the cutting.

If you have no faith then best to cut your loss now rather than when you really need him. This team would have been better off without ever sniffing AB. Anyone remember Irving Fryer and the SB? Look up the parable of the scorpion and the frog
"Pats shouldn't have AB because this one guy existed before him 30 years ago."

Yea makes sense.

Need I remind you how good AB looked in his first game, just 1 week of practicing?

In retrospect he would have been useful, but you should at least make sure your lament is based on reality at the time of his departure.

Yeah, it's amazing how gifted the hindsight here is.

Yeah, it's amazing how gifted the hindsight here is.

Except it's not hindsight, and many of us were calling for him to be kept, based upon reality at the time of his departure.

Problem #1 was the signing to a contract under the specific terms that Bill hastily, sloppily and foolishly included.

Problem #2 was the cutting.

What exactly about the contract was sloppy or foolish ?

What exactly about the contract was sloppy or foolish ?

He means the guaranteed money tying up the salary cap. But I don’t see how any team could sign AB after he was cut by the Raiders without guaranteeing some money.

So its now 5 WRs JE, Harry, Sanu, Dorsett (head) Meyers as the WRs

and in Cannon, Cunningham, Shaq, Wynn, Ferentz, Karras, Thuney, Newhouse and Eluebla-bla 9 OLs.

A640AB07-B99F-4BD0-A218-79B19BB35EB8.jpeg

Soon, there will be 6, and we will give thanks as we eat large birds that were slaughtered in retribution for eating our expensive grass seed and chasing our cars down the street.

Hopefully he spends a lot of time in the weight room. I like his style but he needs more bulk to throw his body around like he does
Agree He’s too prone to get injured for as hard as he plays and as small as he is....honestly I don’t think he will be back on pats....showed little to nothing as WR....and is average at best in PR....wish him best of luck!...great kid

Gunner may legitimately be injured. Hence the reason he didn't return punts the last few weeks
I think it’s pretty obvious he is injured....had nasty ankle injury I recall during a return and hasn’t been right soon....now they are staying HS too....he needs to work with Alex and get more pliable!

Nobody can replace arguably the greatest postseason WR of all-time...however I truly believe Sanu could make a huge impact in the postseason if Jules is out.
With TFB NO one is replacing Edelman! Gronk would help right now but Edelman is Brady’s #1

I have always wanted 9 OL's: 5 interior and 4 OT's. Newhouse is our swing OT. He will continue to be active, and be the backup at LT and RT. Cunningham is a developmental prospect for 2020.
Newhouse blows...rather have Cunningham in there

Sanu does not need to be in that role.......don’t want to take our best receiver in that situation ! Let Bolden return
Yeah, Sanu nearly got a broken ankle against Philly returning punts. I was surprised he even finished the game with the way he was bent back. Too bad Bolden is so good at blocking punts, or they'd probably have put him back there. Chung can also do it, but he's had his own injury problems this season.

It's amazing AB couldn't stay off his phone... A little addicted

He means the guaranteed money tying up the salary cap. But I don’t see how any team could sign AB after he was cut by the Raiders without guaranteeing some money.

That is my point. There were two things accomplished with that contract here. The primary was strengthen your team with an elite talent below market value and the other that came hand in hand was make sure he doesn't join a direct competitor.

They also protected themselves against him going off the rails. Now it is questionable whether Kraft pulled the cord too early to apply those protections and we will find out about that at some point in 2020 but I don't see anything wrong with the contract.

To think you can sign someone like AB without any guaranteed money involved is wishful thinking. But of course someone will criticise BB that there was explicit no provision that voided his guarantees in case he'd send threatening texts to people.

Really lazy work to not be prepared for that one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes