PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gunner to IR (to make room for Wynn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanu does not need to be in that role.......don’t want to take our best receiver in that situation ! Let Bolden return
Bolden doesn't return punts. Never has

"Pats shouldn't have AB because this one guy existed before him 30 years ago."

Yea makes sense.

Need I remind you how good AB looked in his first game, just 1 week of practicing?

This is not about his skills. It never has been. It is about can he control himself. Past performance says no.

Fake injury?

This is not about his skills. It never has been. It is about can he control himself. Past performance says no.
He was virtually a mute while with the Pats if you contrast it with his Raiders and Steelers days.

A private conversation - where nothing illegal was said - got leaked and sensationalized by the lying media, who were more out-of-control than he was while here.

They think DT is the answer.

Meanwhile he's on the Jets with zero TDs
I know right? The vaunted Jete passing offense, ranked #31 with a whopping 11 passing TDs in 10 games (DT only played 8).

Come on man, DT could've so helped the Pats O, but noooo we had to keep the generationally great Izzo, LaGlass, and Gunner instead. LMFAO

I know right? The vaunted Jete passing offense, ranked #31 with a whopping 11 passing TDs in 10 games (DT only played 8).

Come on man, DT could've so helped the Pats O, but noooo we had to keep the generationally great Izzo, LaGlass, and Gunner instead. LMFAO
The TE position and the WR position are different in function.

Do you and I really want to debate this again?

He was virtually a mute while with the Pats if you contrast it with his Raiders and Steelers days.

A private conversation - where nothing illegal was said - got leaked and sensationalized by the lying media, who were more out-of-control than he was while here.
Really? He can't seem to control himself. From these texts released, to his tweets about F the NFL, Kraft etc. Does he have a target on his back, sure does, is everything he does looked at closer, absolutely. The question is why, the answer is he brought this on.

So you want him because of his skill, that is fine but don't pretend the rest does not impact or matter.

What exactly about the contract was sloppy or foolish ?

He means the guaranteed money tying up the salary cap. But I don’t see how any team could sign AB after he was cut by the Raiders without guaranteeing some money.

...They also protected themselves against him going off the rails. Now it is questionable whether Kraft pulled the cord too early to apply those protections and we will find out about that at some point in 2020 but I don't see anything wrong with the contract... :rolleyes:
It's exactly about the guaranteed money...If Clowntonio didn't want to play for the defending 6-time champions and the best HC/QB pair of this era, and give himself his first serious possibility at a ring since his rookie season, all because he wanted guaranteed money here too, then Bill should've realized that for AB football was not Priority #1 and that his available cap space would be better-served by exploring other options prior to the trade deadline.

As for "they also protected themselves against him going off the rails," I don't think Bill protected himself very well, at all.

Would the team be better served bringing Newhouse out in jumbo sets instead of using LaCosse and/or Izzo? Sophie’s choice part deux?

Using Newhouse would signal a run play to the defense.

Using LaCosse or Izzo introduces the possibility of an incompletion to the mix.

If Clowntonio didn't want to play for the defending 6-time champions and the best HC/QB pair of this era, and give himself his first serious possibility at a ring since his rookie season, all because he wanted guaranteed money here too, then Bill should've realized that for AB football was not Priority #1 and that his available cap space would be better-served by exploring other options prior to the trade deadline.

Are you serious ?

You are saying BB or Caserio or whoever was foolish to sign AB because they had to guarantee some of the money ? So just because this team is successful you think players should just waive their guarantees ?

Are you for real ?

As for "they also protected themselves against him going off the rails," I don't think Bill protected himself very well, at all.

They literally formulated the most ambiguous protection text possible. There is absolutely nothing they could have done more if they wanted AB on the team.

Please tell me other clauses that should have been added and are permissible through the CBA.

There is a limit to any contrarian shtick before an opinion just becomes absurd and impossible.

Last edited:
It was a mistake to offer Clowntonio the contract he signed.

It was a worse mistake to rid themselves of him in the manner they did.

Let's go Isaiah Wynn!

Last edited:
Really? He can't seem to control himself. From these texts released, to his tweets about F the NFL, Kraft etc. Does he have a target on his back, sure does, is everything he does looked at closer, absolutely. The question is why, the answer is he brought this on.

So you want him because of his skill, that is fine but don't pretend the rest does not impact or matter.
I already addressed the texts, but you're moving the goal posts if you want to cite the tweets which occurred after he was released, not still with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News