PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell's Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure. Unless they feel Brisett is the real deal how eager will they be to deal Jimmy? A bad team for multiple firsts, say 2 and a 2nd?

I'll say it right now.

If over the next 3 games Jimmy plays like he did last night there is no way they get rid of him.

Last edited:
I'd rather give kudos to the team for continuing the high level of play in spite of league attempts to neutralize them

in the end, deflategate punishments are only going to make this team better

I'd rather give kudos to the team for continuing the high level of play in spite of league attempts to neutralize them

in the end, deflategate punishments are only going to make this team better
Absolutely, the team deserves kudos. But there is an element of schadenfreude to this whole thing in regards to Goodell. After all he's done, can't we enjoying a little embarrassment being directed his way?

and there's something far more sinister than Patriot fan schadenfreude that the red-headed, egomaniacal little Goondell should be worrying about.

Absolutely, the team deserves kudos. But there is an element of schadenfreude to this whole thing in regards to Goodell. After all he's done, can't we enjoying a little embarrassment being directed his way?

Ya well.....he will fall when he falls ..... In the meantime, I can find plenty of joy without thinking about that douche

As some of us said, once he got his win he should have rescinded the suspension. High risk now of pumping up JG's trade value.
Or at least reduced the damn thing. What would have really been the harm in that for him? Anyway, he's tone deaf. His interview is airing on Wednesday where he states unequivocally that he got it right. Do whatever. We'll go 4-0 and be sitting pretty when the GOAT returns to lay waste to NFL defenses around the league.

Or at least reduced the damn thing. What would have really been the harm in that for him? Anyway, he's tone deaf. His interview is airing on Wednesday where he states unequivocally that he got it right. Do whatever. We'll go 4-0 and be sitting pretty when the GOAT returns to lay waste to NFL defenses around the league.
I'm surprised he thinks it is wise to open Pandora's box by referring to his decision as right or wrong in hindsight.

No matter how disingenuous, he could have easily stated, "Tom Brady went against league policy and was disciplined accordingly. It is what it is and the league and Tom are moving forward. Other than that, anything else on the subject is water under the bridge."

While all that is garbage, the rest of the country would lap it up. Instead, Goodell is dumb enough to rationalize publicly what he did, which keeps the story alive.

Last edited:
A little, or maybe a lot, off topic but does anybody know the name of that site that identifies all the bad calls made or not made by the NYFL officials?

I'm surprised he thinks it is wise to open Pandora's box by referring to his decision as right or wrong in hindsight.

No matter how disingenuous, he could have easily stated, "Tom Brady went against league policy and was disciplined accordingly. It is what it is and the league and Tom are moving forward. Other than that, anything else on the subject is water under the bridge."

While all that is garbage, the rest of the country would lap it up. Instead, Goodell is dumb enough to rationalize publicly what he did, which keeps the story alive.
Bu bu but I thought he was putting it behind him? What a stooge.

Goddell got it wrong when he didn't drop dead.

I didn't expect the Patriots to win without Brady and Gronk. I was wrong.

In any case, I can't imagine how humiliated Goodell must feel and how royally upset the owners must be who supported him. The league put the Patriots at the primetime game for the Cardinals to eviscerate us and make Goodell's wrath felt. Instead, the Patriots beat the Cardinals without our two best players.

Goodell is a failure and got to watch the Patriots make him look like a child on national tv. At least he gets a boatload of cash as a balm for his stupidity.

I think of Fraudger and the Hatriots all the time. I try and imagine the look on their faces any time a Patriot makes a big play. They probably threw up when The Butler Did It and are probably feeling nauseous now. Imagine what would happen if Brissett goes 2-0 and looks like an NFL QB?

Last edited:
I loved the throwaway line at the end:

"Also, F*** The Jets"

So friggin' funny. Goodell is probably reacting even worse than this.

I loved the throwaway line at the end:

"Also, F*** The Jets"

So friggin' funny. Goodell is probably reacting even worse than this.

What's funny is in the original German, he is saying he should have executed his senior officers like Stalin did. Actually, might work for Goodell too. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST