PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CURRAN BLASTS NFL..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you are saying, but these days, one sack a game and a few pressures will get you PAID.

I don't get the disdain for Jones. He looked to me like the best pass rusher on one of very best defensive units in the league.

Well I was told repeatedly that when Gronk and Solder were ruled out that Jones would embarrass the Pats. So maybe that is effecting my view on his game.

I said it in my game review thread, the funny thing is that after all of this the Pats could be in a better situation than they would have been if they didn't suspend Brady. The Pats may get a king's ransom for Garoppolo after the season. Far more than if they tried to trade him after the season if he never started a game and far more than they lost in terms of draft picks.
It would be nice if it played out that way and JG ended up recouping the Pats one of the 2 first round picks stolen by Goodell becasue of his ability to showcase his value through the suspension only to have a pissed off and revitalized TB12 come back in week 5.

I don't get the disdain for Jones. He looked to me like the best pass rusher on one of very best defensive units in the league.
I liked Chandler and have no disdain, but with him in the last year of his contract, the "overdose" on the synthetic marijuana and his position as a "highly-coveted" pass-rusher I don't think it would've ended pretty. Besides, with a family history for it, I have a sneaking suspicion that Chandler has the potential to do something really dumb off the field and maybe BB saw it as the right time to cut the cord. Just my opinion.

Did he though?

Recovered a fumble that fell right to him. . Didn't have a sack until halfway through the 4th quarter and had maybe 1-2 pressures.

Typical Chandler Jones game.

this

he was ok, i don't think he had a better game than either of our DE's......he looked bigger, but i saw him get handled pretty well as often as not......and with our JV line out there to boot

seems like a great kid......is a solid, solid player.......but he doesn't play up to his price tag; maybe that's the nature of the position these days, but......

I liked Chandler and have no disdain, but with him in the last year of his contract, the "overdose" on the synthetic marijuana and his position as a "highly-coveted" pass-rusher I don't think it would've ended pretty. Besides, with a family history for it, I have a sneaking suspicion that Chandler has the potential to do something really dumb off the field and maybe BB saw it as the right time to cut the cord. Just my opinion.
I agree with all of your points about he factors that led to the trade but I was commenting on his performance.

In my mind he's a great player, just not a great Patriot.

The ultimate slap would be for the Pats to have an undefeated season on their way to winning the SB......

Chances of that happening are slim, but it's nice to dream :D

Recalled that Bob Greise was sidelined early in their 17-0 season, something that might eat on Shula as he watches.

Recalled that Bob Greise was sidelined early in their 17-0 season, something that might eat on Shula as he watches.
Yep- He had Earl Morrell come in who was a solid starter in the league in years prior and a very capable backup.

Did he though?

Recovered a fumble that fell right to him. . Didn't have a sack until halfway through the 4th quarter and had maybe 1-2 pressures.

I mean, yeah, I'd still call that a pretty good game. I don't think anyone here was calling games with a sack and fumble recovery anything less than good when he was wearing a Patriots uniform. Even after you consider the fact that the Pats ran at him a fair amount, it was still a good game for Jones.

He played well, mostly because he's a really good player. No problem admitting that, and I still support the trade because on the net I think it put us in a better position long term.

Did he though?

But I saw him dancing......in celebration.... and it offended me..... I'm glad they threw the flag.:eek:

this

he was ok, i don't think he had a better game than either of our DE's......he looked bigger, but i saw him get handled pretty well as often as not......and with our JV line out there to boot

seems like a great kid......is a solid, solid player.......but he doesn't play up to his price tag; maybe that's the nature of the position these days, but......

Bennett manhandled him on one play. I believe it was the play he got errantly called for holding.

No ill will against Jones, he was great for us, wanted to stay here I'm sure. Good luck against anyone but us Chandler!

The ultimate slap would be for the Pats to have an undefeated season on their way to winning the SB......

Chances of that happening are slim, but it's nice to dream :D
And a top 5 pick in next year's draft

Was watching PTI, Kornhiser came up with what i have to say is a great idea. Send a deflated game ball from last nights win to goodell. Hes provided some of the motivation for last nights win, and the rest of revenge tour 2

Last edited:
I have to give Tom Curran credit. He just socked it to the NFL..

Curran: Sorry, NFL; the Patriots just keep on winning

"What happened Sunday night in the desert is just the kind of thing that might put Roger Goodell in the mood to shove an underling. ( <---Link)

All that time spent investigating the Patriots, contriving evidence, letting incendiary and incorrect leaks fester, fighting and spending to make Tom Brady’s suspension stick in court, getting exposed as a double-talking, misdirecting henchman for the NFL owners that wanted to bring the Patriots to heel.

And after all that, what winds up being the payoff for Goodell in the marquee game of the weekend?

The Patriots beat the Cardinals, 23-21, without Brady and currently own a one-game lead over everybody else in the AFC East."

Wow, I never heard that story about goodell shoving Mike Pereira during an argument.

Unreal. In almost any other workplace you'd get fired to getting physical with a coworker during an argument. In the nyjfl you get a promotion, a $30 million salary, and dictatorship power

Wow, I never heard that story about goodell shoving Mike Pereira during an argument.

Unreal. In almost any other workplace you'd get fired to getting physical with a coworker during an argument. In the nyjfl you get a promotion, a $30 million salary, and dictatorship power

I thought you died Mitch.....Come back and chat with us Deplorables :rolleyes:

I have to give Tom Curran credit. He just socked it to the NFL..

Curran: Sorry, NFL; the Patriots just keep on winning

"What happened Sunday night in the desert is just the kind of thing that might put Roger Goodell in the mood to shove an underling. ( <---Link)

All that time spent investigating the Patriots, contriving evidence, letting incendiary and incorrect leaks fester, fighting and spending to make Tom Brady’s suspension stick in court, getting exposed as a double-talking, misdirecting henchman for the NFL owners that wanted to bring the Patriots to heel.

And after all that, what winds up being the payoff for Goodell in the marquee game of the weekend?

The Patriots beat the Cardinals, 23-21, without Brady and currently own a one-game lead over everybody else in the AFC East."

Tom Curran said:

Wow. Just complete and utter devastation by Curran. That sentence says it all. I don't even need to read the rest of the article. (But will I? Hell yes I will!)

Did he though?

...And the sack cost him 15 yrds, when his dum@55 buddy joined in on his dum@55 celebration. :D

Roger "I bleed green and white and not just because I have the clap" goddell is a disgrace.

No other sport has such an embarrassment as commissioner.

think of how many underprivileged people he could have helped with all the millions he wasted in legal bills.

His stupidity knows no bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST