PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CURRAN BLASTS NFL..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it in my game review thread, the funny thing is that after all of this the Pats could be in a better situation than they would have been if they didn't suspend Brady. The Pats may get a king's ransom for Garoppolo after the season. Far more than if they tried to trade him after the season if he never started a game and far more than they lost in terms of draft picks.

File this under pie in the sky silver linings: TFB is taking less of a beating this season by 25%. That should see him in better shape come playoffs and maybe just enough lesser beating to see his career have an extra season at top tier capability.

Life is filled with loves and hates....I have a few of the one and ...uh...one of the other...

I said it in my game review thread, the funny thing is that after all of this the Pats could be in a better situation than they would have been if they didn't suspend Brady. The Pats may get a king's ransom for Garoppolo after the season. Far more than if they tried to trade him after the season if he never started a game and far more than they lost in terms of draft picks.
The conspiracy theorist in me wonders, just wonders, that if JG plays these next 3 games as he did in AZ with poise, pocket awareness, accuracy, clutch performance...perhaps the NFL engages in collusion and no one offers more than a second for JG.... Just because the league hates the Pats & Belichick...

The ultimate slap would be for the Pats to have an undefeated season on their way to winning the SB......

Chances of that happening are slim, but it's nice to dream :D
I like our chances to win the Super Bowl if we don't get devastated by injuries. 2014-2016 has been (so far) one of the best stretches in the entire dynasty. 2014/2015 teams were absolutely terrific when healthy. Looks the same way this year.

It would be pure ecstasy if we pull it off this season. What a huge huge middle finger to Goodell and the rest of this league.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders, just wonders, that if JG plays these next 3 games as he did in AZ with poise, pocket awareness, accuracy, clutch performance...perhaps the NFL engages in collusion and no one offers more than a second for JG.... Just because the league hates the Pats & Belichick...

Never going to happen because there are too many stupid desperate teams with GMs worried about their jobs. No way does Belichick trade Garoppolo for a second. He will rather keep him.

I like our chances to win the Super Bowl if we don't get devastated by injuries. 2014-2016 has been (so far) one of the best stretches in the entire dynasty. 2014/2015 teams were absolutely terrific when healthy. Looks the same way this year.

It would be pure ecstasy if we pull it off this season. What a huge huge middle finger to Goodell and the rest of this league.

You really need to start at 2011. 2 SB appearances. 2 AFC titles. 5 straight CCGs and 5 straight seasons of 12 wins or more.

Only thing stopping this team is health.

You really need to start at 2011. 2 SB appearances. 2 AFC titles. 5 straight CCGs and 5 straight seasons of 12 wins or more.

Only thing stopping this team is health.
I was thinking that and tend to agree. Those teams were great also but I think the most recent teams have been the most well rounded and complete. 2011/2012 defenses were lacking, in 2013 the offense had trouble pulling it together w/o Gronk.

2010-2016 to me is like part 2 of the Pats dynasty.

I was thinking that and tend to agree. Those teams were great also but I think the most recent teams have been the most well rounded and complete. 2011/2012 defenses were lacking, in 2013 the offense had trouble pulling it together w/o Gronk.

I exclude 2010. Dynasties don't lose to the Jets at home in the playoffs. Plus that game never happened.:D

I don't get the disdain for Jones. He looked to me like the best pass rusher on one of very best defensive units in the league.

So you think he is actually worth the monster contract that he is about to get ? Because this is in the end what this boils down to: Is his production worth the amount of cap space that he will take up with his contract ?

On a certain level he is the worst kind of player in the salary cap era.. he is good enough to be a starter but never consistent enough to be a game changer over an entire season. And yet those highlight clips and cumulative stats will make him a pretty well paid player.

I loved having him on the team with his rookie contract but don't want his level of play combined with his first real contract.

basically, it's the second decade. Dynasty started September 23, 2001 right?

Life is filled with loves and hates....I have a few of the one and ...uh...one of the other...

FYI--You're not allowed to count Amyl Nitrate poppers. Just saying.

So you think he is actually worth the monster contract that he is about to get ? Because this is in the end what this boils down to: Is his production worth the amount of cap space that he will take up with his contract ?

On a certain level he is the worst kind of player in the salary cap era.. he is good enough to be a starter but never consistent enough to be a game changer over an entire season. And yet those highlight clips and cumulative stats will make him a pretty well paid player.

I loved having him on the team with his rookie contract but don't want his level of play combined with his first real contract.

Excellent thoughts. Couldn't agree more. A guy like Jones is great on a rookie contract, but you just can't afford to pay him market value on a second deal. To take it one step further, he showed some poor decision making skills during the most important week of the season last year. That doesn't normally equate to a big second contract here in N.England. Those types of deals are usually reserved for players like Hightower, McCourty, Wilfork, etc. Leadership and setting a good example are important.

FYI--You're not allowed to count Amyl Nitrate poppers. Just saying.

aha! a random sniper attack from the fringe by supasly...I'm onto to you NOW, pal...:mad:

Did he though?
Typical Chandler Jones game.
Exactly. Looks like the beginning to a typical Chandler Jones season too. He's on track for a 16 sacks after one game - but then injuries will start catching up to him around week 8 and his stats will trail off.

The reality with Chandler Jones's play on Sunday is that the Patriots really didn't have to worry or account for him because he isnt consistently disruptive. Not bashing the guy - he's good, but not great.

Jones was being blocked by Bennett on several passing plays in the 2nd half. I loved the one where MB threw him down once (on the holding call) and jumped on him to give him a few smacks. Chandler probably had flashbacks from fooling around with brother Bones.
That was a BS call on Bennett - looked like a textbook pancake block that would make Scars proud.

I thought you died Mitch.....Come back and chat with us Deplorables :rolleyes:

Is anyone still posting at that place? I do miss chatting there with you, joker, 08, and the always unintentionality-hilarious RayRay, but I got bored with The Pumpster Show

Well you must have one love, because we all know you have A LOT!!! of hates.:p. ...and that's just for Goodell

Is anyone still posting at that place? I do miss chatting there with you, joker, 08, and the always unintentionality-hilarious RayRay, but I got bored with The Pumpster Show

JO,08, and CT are regulars..RayRay shows up on and off during the season...usually when the Jets get a win...LOL

Chief, and crazy are usually around.....Haven't seen SG in ages. I think Tuco died and wonder about SG.....

Pump and his ferret stick can get annoying at times.......poor guy is permanently scarred for life by the Patriots...they just keep on winning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back