PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those of you that wish to resign (Satire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this game as a loss in my preseason predictions. Between the usual slow September start, going on the road to Florida in September, playing an AFC contender, and not having Edelbinkie to rely on, it seemed a likely candidate for a loss.

I still have then at 13-3 to finish the year. KC last year was worse...

Hard to get too worked up. They'll be fine.

I AM A LAWYER WE NEED TO FIRE BELICHICK AND SUE HIM FOR ALL HIS MONEY BACK, CITE GROSS NEGLIGENCE AND USE THE MONEY TO SIGN FLASH GORDON

Oh, wrong meeting?

I’m all for the GDT, mostly it’s pointless reading - I myself reflexively posted “Nice” after the Van Noy pick which added nothing of value to anyone’s day or game experience. I wouldn’t want that to be policed out. PS I WOULD SUE FOR LIBEL IF YOU DID. But some of it is a bit ridiculous, declaring players (who are...people, I think?) to be garbage and genuinely hateful stuff. Towards the team whose fan site you have willfully joined!!!!

Anyways, while I don’t necessarily understand that style of fandom, I don’t really think anyone should waste their time trying to fix it. Most of the time it’s more funny than it is annoying. You can always press ignore on someone when that equation changes.

But seriously WHAT IS JOSH THINKING I WISH HE WAS IN INDY

Calling another human being "garbage" is one of the dividing lines for me, as a clear indication of consequences-free, totally self absorved behavior. Everywhere else, we call it being a sociopath. And I reject the principle that the internet is free of normal social responsibility.

Is it not?

You said being a fan doesn’t include criticizing

Clear it up for me if you don’t mind
The poster said being a fan includes criticizing the team.
I said “to you”
To me it does not as I see no purpose in crying about what goes wrong.

Pats didn't look good, Jags looked good (although with some help from the refs, what was the deal with resetting the countdown clock as it reached the red zone in the first half, so they didn't have to burn a time out or get a delay of game?).
Remember that Monday night game in Kansas City a couple years ago? "It's over!" "Pats are finished" "Brady's no good anymore" "Belichik's done!"
Uh huh. Let's talk again in December, shall we?

Being a fan involves criticizing your team when they do things wrong.

That's exactly what being a good fan is. A good fan has the ability to criticize or disagree with his or her team but still roots for them in the end. The people that always think everything is wonderful and great are more indicative of either front runners, fairweather fans, or people who root for the coach/QB/a particular player. They'll be the first to hit the eject button when the team falls back to the pack.

I've pretty much just accepted that gameday threads are trash and I avoid them in anything resembling a close game. Moderating a GDT to remove the toxic crap without turning it into a cheerleading echo chamber seems like an extremely difficult balance to strike, I don't blame the mods for not wanting to take that on. The end result if they tried would be pretty much the same, plus an entourage of morons claiming that they're being deprived of their free speech or some other dumb **** like that. Better to just accept that GDTs are pretty much a quarantine zone IMO. Let the drunk, and/or emotionally stunted (and I'm not claiming the high ground here, I'm probably both myself) vent there, so that they don't do it everywhere else.
I've toyed with the concept of starting a GDT one week with a warning in the first post stating that that week's GDT will have "zero tolerance" for troll-like posts such as "Game over", "this team sucks", "season is over", etc and then hand out reply bans to those who violate that policy as they violate it. So you'd have a few people posting like that at the start but they'd get removed from the thread right away and then after that it would theoretically be better.

But yeah, you'd then have folks who would be upset that they feel "censored" and such. Perhaps as a trial run we could look at what sort of posting/behavior was removed and then see if claims of censorship really hold up or if it's something that should be continued.

************ I'm tired of people always having to push the bounds to the extremes in a debate just so they can say some asinine **** like this.

We're all complaining. But there's those of us who are unhappy but still trust this team's coaching staff and vets to turn it around, and then there are the immature kneejerk morons who either have an axe to grind and so seem to be practically celebrating a solid defeat or have not been paying attention to this team for the last decade.
We are all entitled to have our opinions about the game. Calling someone immature and moron is making it personal. What was so bad about my question ?

Remember that Monday night game in Kansas City a couple years ago? "It's over!" "Pats are finished" "Brady's no good anymore" "Belichik's done!"
Uh huh. Let's talk again in December, shall we?
That was Then...This is Now.

We are all entitled to have our opinions about the game. Calling someone immature and moron is making it personal. What was so bad about my question ?

The thing about everyone being entitled to their opinion and their right to voice it is that when stupid opinions are voiced other people are entitled to call them out as such. Because that's their opinion.

Last edited:
The thing about everyone being entitled to their opinion and their right to voice it is that when stupid opinions are voiced other people are entitled to call them out as such.
Ok. Fair enough. Now tell me what is stupid about the question I asked ? The original poster (SammyBlueCat) answered the question without making it personal, so I have no problem with his response.

Wow talk about controversy...

• 6 say thank you
  • 5 say they disagree
  • 5 say this is funny
  • 3 declare this a winner
  • 1 say it is genius
  • and 1 declare it useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey